• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

Dice

Smash Lord
I think they would affect the rankings if like Jarc ***** PC Chris and Korean DJ, or places quite high, but if vwins/bam/chet all place well and stuff I don't think they will affect it very much...

Damax

Smash Lord
I think they would affect the rankings if like Jarc ***** PC Chris and Korean DJ, or places quite high, but if vwins/bam/chet all place well and stuff I don't think they will affect it very much...
let's say it would be a plus but canadian tourney with more canadians should count +++ despite the fact USA skills > Canada Skills

the reason is only few can go, (not even half the 15 players in the power ranking)

and we can't make a single win important. Isai for exemple, could sandbag one whole match and let it become 2-1 instead of his casual 2-0, right?

but I agree that if jarc eliminate pc chris or korean in the brackets, he can take my spot for sure.

slevin

Smash Apprentice
What about

What about vexterjexter? Connel anyone consider him....Or raynx? Hes gotten a **** load better

Damax

Smash Lord
What about vexterjexter? Connel anyone consider him....Or raynx? Hes gotten a **** load better
even if he has gotten a **** load better some on the pr are still imbalance compared to them. They haven't proved themself in past tournaments too bla bla bla I'm sur those power ranking panelist can cover that ****.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
BreadX finished second last tourney, behind Delorted. They're ranked lower on the PR. That's why Raynx isn't on the PR. If you checked out earlier posts vext is being considered.

slevin

Smash Apprentice
So

BreadX finished second last tourney, behind Delorted. They're ranked lower on the PR. That's why Raynx isn't on the PR. If you checked out earlier posts vext is being considered.

I did read the other post and raynx finshed thrids whats your point he gave bread a run for his money. and im sure when the next tourney comes around they prove themselfs as for vex well have to see I havnt seen him play so I cant really say anything on the subject

ThatGuy

Smash Master
He got third, that's the point. He still finished below Bread and Del, the only ranked players there. He didn't beat anyone of any significance there...no offence, the Mississauga tournament barely had a competitive turnout and probably won't have any effect on the PR.

slevin

Smash Apprentice
sasf

He got third, that's the point. He still finished below Bread and Del, the only ranked players there. He didn't beat anyone of any significance there...no offence, the Mississauga tournament barely had a competitive turnout and probably won't have any effect on the PR.
I agree but he put up a good fight and with pkm out and kingsley im sure he could grab a spot

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree but he put up a good fight and with pkm out and kingsley im sure he could grab a spot
This list is not based on friendlies, otherwise Damax would be WAY higher.
And until this guy you're talking about gets a good spot in a big tournament, it's useless to try to convict the panelists <.<

D

Deleted member

Vext needs to get his Samus faster and more technical to even be considered

My brackets at the Mississauga tournament:

Runawayfire

Scrub

Scrub

RaynEX (Lost)

Losers:

Scrub

VexterJezter

RaynEX

Bread (2 sets)

slevin

Smash Apprentice

This list is not based on friendlies, otherwise Damax would be WAY higher.
And until this guy you're talking about gets a good spot in a big tournament, it's useless to try to convict the panelists <.<
When the hell did I say anything about friendlys? Dont put words in my mouth all I'm saying is Heads up and be sure to check out raynx and vex at the next big tourney.

Oh and as for "Wasn't that in june" No im talking about a recent small tourney it was under the radar. Of course the rest of the people in the tourney were no challenge. But between Raynx,Vexter,TGBX,Del they all were pretty close i was just disappointed when laloween was put ahead of these two because no ofence andy but they both could beat him. and I know hes not he one being consirderd but its the reason I had to bring up raynx and vexter anywho...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You should read the thread. Vexter is already being considered if he places well later on. Jarc was able to knock Bread out from the NNR tournament, and yet, RaynEX didn't, so that's why he's also being considered. Jarc also goes to more tournies than RaynEX.

I don't think Lanowen has been considered seriously. No offence, but Lanowen's a bit out of his league ATM.

Dice

Smash Lord
When the hell did I say anything about friendlys? Dont put words in my mouth all I'm saying is Heads up and be sure to check out raynx and vex at the next big tourney.

Oh and as for "Wasn't that in june" No im talking about a recent small tourney it was under the radar. Of course the rest of the people in the tourney were no challenge. But between Raynx,Vexter,TGBX,Del they all were pretty close i was just disappointed when laloween was put ahead of these two because no ofence andy but they both could beat him. and I know hes not he one being consirderd but its the reason I had to bring up raynx and vexter anywho...
Raynex and vexter have yet to come to a "major tournament" in a while. So it is quite difficult to compare them to other players when they haven't even played at least half the people on the power ranking.

Anyways, Vexed69 is too good.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
He beat Del. Del did come back and beat him in losers finals, but still, it's something. Anyway, no need to fight over this now, VexJez and RaynEX can prove themselves at future events if they have to. I would give them both atleast a chance at beating Jarc. I haven't seen Vexed69 play, but he sounds impressive, so I have no idea how those match would go. We need to have a big tourny sometime soon to sort all this out, cause people are getting anxious. Maybe we'll set someting big up in Toronto for the march break where this can be settled once and for all, and the panelists can keep tabs on everyone who's spot is in contension/wants a spot on the list. We should actually make a list of those people before the tourny comes up though so that panelists actually know who the hell they're looking for.

Fogel

Smash Lord
We need to have a big tourny sometime soon to sort all this out, cause people are getting anxious. Maybe we'll set someting big up in Toronto for the march break where this can be settled once and for all, and the panelists can keep tabs on everyone who's spot is in contension/wants a spot on the list. We should actually make a list of those people before the tourny comes up though so that panelists actually know who the hell they're looking for.
What? Do you expect us to sit and watch a bunch of people play friendlies or something? The panel looks mainly at tournament results, we don't sit around and watch "potentials" for the list or whatever.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
I hear there's three tournaments in EC soon including H2H which I already know about... figured this was the best thread to find out. Someone fill me in?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Maybe we'll set someting big up in Toronto for the march break where this can be settled once and for all, and the panelists can keep tabs on everyone who's spot is in contension/wants a spot on the list.
I thought you guys were planning EC vs WC Canada to happen during March break, or that's yet to be started, or date change or what?

I thought Vexed and VexJex were the same person! Lol ****, I was talking about Vexed the whole time, sorry.

Vwins

Smash Ace
He beat Del. Del did come back and beat him in losers finals, but still, it's something. Anyway, no need to fight over this now, VexJez and RaynEX can prove themselves at future events if they have to. I would give them both atleast a chance at beating Jarc. I haven't seen Vexed69 play, but he sounds impressive, so I have no idea how those match would go. We need to have a big tourny sometime soon to sort all this out, cause people are getting anxious. Maybe we'll set someting big up in Toronto for the march break where this can be settled once and for all, and the panelists can keep tabs on everyone who's spot is in contension/wants a spot on the list. We should actually make a list of those people before the tourny comes up though so that panelists actually know who the hell they're looking for.
Toronto players should move to ottawa and montreal tournament if you want to prove your skill to get a spot on the PR.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
The only Toronto people that travel are on the power rankings, that prolly says something

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
gPWN <^_^> RRRRRRREEEEERrrrrrrr

Vexed69 is the most fun to play, hes better than chesterr01. Not even kidding, this kids a wild canon!

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
What? Do you expect us to sit and watch a bunch of people play friendlies or something? The panel looks mainly at tournament results, we don't sit around and watch "potentials" for the list or whatever.
Keep tabs on does not mean follow them everywhere, it means check up on them once in a while. It doesn't seem like such a big deal to me...

VexterJexter did come to an ottawa tournament, and the reason he couldn't come to anymore recently is because he was away for the entire summer.

And Chet, we try our best to make it out to your tournies. Often there are a lot of circumstances preventing us from coming that are out of our control, so I'd appreciate a little consideration.

unknown522

Some guy
me and RaynEX beat Del most of the time. It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys. There are some ppl that are pretty good but it's just that YOU don't know.

Dice

Smash Lord
me and RaynEX beat Del most of the time. It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys. There are some ppl that are pretty good but it's just that YOU don't know.
Actually, it's not hard at all to judge people based on tournament results. Tournaments are the times where players are trying their very best (most of the time). Friendlies mean **** when you are comparing players. Especially friendlies against people who you smash with often. I usually go even with Rimi's peach with my falcon in friendlies, OMG that means I should be just as high as him on the power rankings right? No. Rimi performs much better than myself in tournaments because peach is gay like that >_>. Joking (or not) aside, he does better in tournaments than me maybe because of his characters, maybe because he is better at adapting to other smasher's playstyles than I am, or maybe because he cheats.

So basically what I am trying to say is: LMAO @ "It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys."

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it's not hard at all to judge people based on tournament results. Tournaments are the times where players are trying their very best (most of the time). Friendlies mean **** when you are comparing players. Especially friendlies against people who you smash with often. I usually go even with Rimi's peach with my falcon in friendlies, OMG that means I should be just as high as him on the power rankings right? No. Rimi performs much better than myself in tournaments because peach is gay like that >_>. Joking (or not) aside, he does better in tournaments than me maybe because of his characters, maybe because he is better at adapting to other smasher's playstyles than I am, or maybe because he cheats.

So basically what I am trying to say is: LMAO @ "It's hard to JUDGE players based on Just tourneys."
my responses **** you. So does shiek.

Top Bottom