• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

Dice

Smash Lord
And I'm confident my pichu will beat everyone.

Anyways, when is the next major tournament going to be? There has to be one before the big planned one in the summer.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Friendlies matches can't be take in consideration
Agreed, but Jarc beating Bread at NNR in both singles and doubles shows he has lots of potential going for him. You guys all see it. He finished 5th in his pool at ToS2 because it was a ridiculously difficult pool. Although vexed DID beat him and performed better overall so I believe he should be considered a bit higher...provided he goes to tournaments more often...

I like Elef's idea of "People that were considered but did not make it". Gives something to grasp at.

Next big tourney should be...uh....WC VS EC gogo Toronto get shizzle together!!! Or STYD 2 or something after holidays :cool:

Bam, is your "student" going to be going to tournies? He has lots of potential, his playstyle reminds me a bit of Mew2King, he's just a bit predictable (will go away after some experience :) ).

Oh and Elef's joke sucked haha...he had to explain it to me...I thought he was referring to "****" A.K.A Shiz's beautiful rendition of chet's **** jizzing on Jih's sig...but I digress...Johns never came to mind...

Am I gay now? :psycho:

Vwins

Smash Ace
And I'm confident my pichu will beat everyone.

Anyways, when is the next major tournament going to be? There has to be one before the big planned one in the summer.
MM mewtwo vs your falcon :) lol.

I think the next major tournement will be STYD2. But I'm not sure if chester or card are working to get a room. I think the best date would be in the first 2 week of january or something like that.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
his ''student'' is called TIC... he was in our old crew called redemption but left when we just enters the boards... and i do belive also that he gots lots of potential... next step for him is to challenge jarc and vexed...

cF=)

Smash Lord
I wanna play again against "ThePro" :(

Damax, bring him to me !!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
his ''student'' is called TIC... he was in our old crew called redemption but left when we just enters the boards... and i do belive also that he gots lots of potential... next step for him is to challenge jarc and vexed...
In friendlies or in tournies? Lol, he's gonna have to go to more than bi-weeklies and just 1 tournament to be considered IMO.

D

Deleted member

Agreed, but Jarc beating Bread at NNR in both singles and doubles shows he has lots of potential going for him.

Lmao, Bread was so pissed after those, he hates up-throw rest *cough* Jiggly with a passion

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Sure is alot of tension between peoples chars =p

Settle it this december at the mini tourny =p, i wanna see money match between

Vwin (mewto) vs dice (falcon)
and i wanna bet on a ditto between Zac vs Jih (Gdorfs)

humBAM

Smash Journeyman

vwins will win... his m2 is pretty scary.. he 4 stocked my falco :lick:

Jih

Smash Journeyman

i told you i don't do ganon ditto lol

but i still accept the challenge... best out of 5 with counterpick stages

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
How is the car situation looking for you guys?

and i understand his mewto may be scary, thats why i wanna see the match cause mitch plays my mewto =p, if he plays smart he can win. We can also do a ditto vincent, those are always fun =p.

Btw mini Tourny will be between 27-29, pick your favourite days, and tell me if you want it to be a multi day thing, cause you are all welcome to stay the night.

Fogel

Smash Lord
and I don't agree with you. All the crews were perfectly (and I don't use the word often) seeded so that each crew/region was perfectly split up in each pool. The brackets were made accordingly, placing the 1st from one pool against the 4th from another. This is how pool are supposed to be made. You fought your friends early in the brackets? Blame yourself and your friends for not all placing 1st of your respective pool.
The pool sorting is correct. I actually wrote my own program to help with seeding. I split up people as follows:

Pwn Party
Ganonpwn's crew
Hard Hitters
No Mercy
Random/Uncrewed people

I let my program generate pools. After that, I went through the pools and split up people who had good reason to be separated (eg: Dice and his brother, pkm+H4, bety+pikalex, etc.). So ToS2 pools weren't 100% computer-generated, I did my best to make sure people played against new/unfamiliar people.

For brackets, what you said is true but it's even more complex than that. Here are the constraints I was using for brackets:

- 1st placers in a pool vs. 4th placers from different pools
- 2nd placers in a pool vs. 3rd placers from different pools
- 2nd round matches must have the winner of the 1st-4th and 2nd-3rd matches (it's not fair to have two 1st placers potentially playing each other in the second round), meaning 1st-4th and 2nd-3rd matches must be next to each other in brackets.
- Because of the above, each set of 1st-4th and 2nd-3rd place matches in the bracket must ALL be from different pools. For example, if the 1st place and 2nd place players were from the same pool, there is a good chance that they'll have to play each other 2nd round. This is bad, and the reason why this restriction exists.

On top of all this, people expected to automatically play people not from their city/crew and complained about it :/

i don't agree with that...
ottawa had to face themself and so on for Mtl... there will alwas be a failure with brackets no matter what

but it was still the best bracket ever done in canadian smash history i must say lol
Desole pour l'anglais, mais je sais pas comment l'expliquer en francais.

This is because the bracket was all PwnParty/NoMercy/HardHitters/GPWNcrew, subject to the constraints I already laid out. Of course some people are going to have to play someone from their city. The only way it could be "perfect" is if someone manually sets all of the tournament matches...and then people will complain if they have to play someone hard like Bam or Chet first round and accuse the person of bias. It's a no-win situation.

i know how it was worked out thanks for reminding...

im just letting go my frustration cuz i didnt had to face rimi or locke) thats all
I love comments like this after all the work I put in. Assuming random brackets, you have a 2/15 chance of actually meeting up with one of them in a 16-man bracket in the first round, not very good odds. After that it depends how you play. If you want to play them, challenge them to an MM or friendly, don't blame me because random luck didn't go your way in the tourney brackets.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
I love comments like this after all the work I put in. Assuming random brackets, you have a 2/15 chance of actually meeting up with one of them in a 16-man bracket in the first round, not very good odds. After that it depends how you play. If you want to play them, challenge them to an MM or friendly, don't blame me because random luck didn't go your way in the tourney brackets.
i understood the brackets stuff seriously...

and my frustration wasnt directed at you or your prog... it was just directed at all the brackets in general

edit : and i'm alwas doing at least 1 MM agaisnt kanata at each tourny since you know the reason

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Daisy, please post in english in this thread, thanks.
Daisy, please try to post in a manner that won't make my eyes explode, thanks.

Bi-weeklies should not be taken in consideration for PRs. They are way too small, and do not take in account everyone. Plus, T.O. and O-town would be left out, and it's not necessarily the people in Quebec that deserve a spot there the most.

Also, bi-weeklies are not serious (no matter what you can say about them). They are a place to practice, and do friendlies.
They are not major (on a canadian scale -_-) tournaments.
Tournaments at Gamers World should not be taken into account as well. I think Vwins agrees with me on that one. Nothing more to add for now.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Lol, you guys make me laugh, what else do i have to say.. my playing is proof in and of itself.
I beat Jih at Tos1 2-0
Then i beat Jih in singles (2-0) and doubles (2-1) at Tos2 and the singles matches were not close.

Oh and in response to the montreal bi-weeklys effecting PR Or some other such ranking

The matches done weekly in my basement are probably just as serious as the ones at the Bi-weeklys from the sounds of it.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
stfu noob, you have to play him this December in a gannon ditto best of 5, and we get to bet monies =)

PS: your mom started talking to me on msn, she pwns

Vwins

Smash Ace
Jih doesnt like Ganon ditto so he would pick falco or falcon against Gpwn. oh yeah my mewtwo own! lol ^.^ I'm ready for any challenge against my mewtwo! :laugh:

Dice

Smash Lord
lmao vwins, I wouldn't want to play my falcon vs your mewtwo, I will play my pichu vs your mewtwo though :)

Falcon vs mewtwo is completely unfair for mewtwo, dashdance camp to grab to down throw nair up air knee, wait for mewtwo to get back on the ground, dashdance camp to down throw up air knee, there goes mewtwo's stock.

However, pichu vs mewtwo is too good.

Oh and vlad's mewtwo is starting to get too good.

Vwins

Smash Ace
lmao vwins, I wouldn't want to play my falcon vs your mewtwo, I will play my pichu vs your mewtwo though :)

Falcon vs mewtwo is completely unfair for mewtwo, dashdance camp to grab to down throw nair up air knee, wait for mewtwo to get back on the ground, dashdance camp to down throw up air knee, there goes mewtwo's stock.

However, pichu vs mewtwo is too good.
lol don't underestimate my mewtwo like you did with my luigi ;)

Dice

Smash Lord
I never once underestimated your luigi. I personally thought that luigi should be higher than doc/mario on the tiers a while ago when rimi was playing luigi.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Vwins's mewtwo surprisingly knows how to abuse Falcons really well. there were some things I didn't know how to get out of =/

How often will the PR be updated? We don't have enough tournies IMO.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and in response to the montreal bi-weeklys effecting PR Or some other such ranking

The matches done weekly in my basement are probably just as serious as the ones at the Bi-weeklys from the sounds of it.
Precisely.
Jih doesnt like Ganon ditto so he would pick falco or falcon against Gpwn. oh yeah my mewtwo own! lol ^.^ I'm ready for any challenge against my mewtwo! :laugh:
Gpwn barely plays Ganon anymore. If they used all their characters, gpwn would probably come out on top. (zac, don't you dare **** up my predictions)
Vwins's mewtwo surprisingly knows how to abuse Falcons really well. there were some things I didn't know how to get out of =/

How often will the PR be updated? We don't have enough tournies IMO.
Because your Falcon is a reference in the realm of skillful people?
PRs change 1 every major tournament. Good communities have majors once every 2 approx. We're gonna try and set up something in jan-feb.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
and by jan-feb you mean Jan right...?

dats what i thought, and btw joel, mewto ***** falcon, unless the falcon does that once abuse grab strategy.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
Gpwn barely plays Ganon anymore. If they used all their characters, gpwn would probably come out on top. (zac, don't you dare **** up my predictions)
well i'll take that as good news cuz i really have difficulties vs ganons.... ask anybody that knows me well

Lol, you guys make me laugh, what else do i have to say.. my playing is proof in and of itself.
I beat Jih at Tos1 2-0
Then i beat Jih in singles (2-0) and doubles (2-1) at Tos2 and the singles matches were not close.
that's true they were not close i must admit... i also must admit i didnt think facing you at tos2 so i didnt really pratice vs ganon... now im getting on it :)

and those are just facts you know ... like me saying i did beat locke) on FD with my falco 2-0 at Tos1... and pow also beat him at styd...
seriously that doesnt matter

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Lol yeah chet my Falcon is too **** skilled for you to comprehend XD

Ah whatever, I'll stop this off-topic nonsense and just tell Dice to watch out for the Dtilt to grab =/

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
hey chet, can you please change my character status to "doesn't have one" or rather misc or something:)

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
I used mewto in both doubles and singles in TOS2 can you put that as my secondary!?!?!

who cares what chars you play, use it as an advantage, some noob will play you and see falcon as your char, he'l pull out his wannabe counter then you just poop on his face cause u dont even use falcon.

Dice

Smash Lord
Zac, do you even play falcon anymore? I've only seen you use him in teams lately. I only see you use like sheik in singles so far :p

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i should be in that list. Yorpy Samus Gatineau QC
1. After browsing your last 25 posts, I'll have to say "no".
2. After realizing that you have no tournament experience, I'll have to say "no".
3. After failing to see any arguments in your favor, I'll have to say "no".

If you have anything relevant to say, please do so.

To the others, ignore this person.

If this is a joke: :laugh: :laugh: it sucked.

D

Deleted member

SSHHhh.... he's outside our window..watching us..

But guys srsly liek i thnk dat um kirb n jigglpugff r prob saums's wurst match-ups, cuz dey cn fly lolol

Top Bottom