• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
*asks kindly and firmly*

Take me off that list, I won't be playing in tournaments anymore. Good luck to everyone seeing motivation with such list. Train hard and represent well in any future big tournament involving west coast's or US's players!
Asking stuff kindly and firmly just deserves getting punched in the face. No seriously, it's like, how can you look firm and kind without being a *****? "Would you please not spit when you talk? Thanks". Reminds me of my religion teacher in high school, what a power ***. Whatever...

Anyway, I wanted to respect that decision, but other people wanted you to stay on the list, and/or think that you might/will come back. What about PhoenyxFire's request, does Kingsley intend to quit?

TestRider

Smash Ace
I'd like to remind everyone complaining about their "low ranking"(read: Damax and Bread) that several talented players (Card, Sony, Lanowen, Gino, Jarc, Fenostol and many others) did not even make the list. So with all due respect, stop crying kthxbye.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'd like to remind everyone complaining about their "low ranking"(read: Damax and Bread) that several talented players (Card, Sony, Lanowen, Gino, Jarc, Fenostol and many others) did not even make the list. So with all due respect, stop crying kthxbye.
Lol I sux :psycho:

But yeah, I know those guys pwn my face anyways, so I guess I have to stop getting knocked out of pools and start making it into brackets. :ohwell:

Damax

Smash Lord
so they are gonna take my place? even if they were all two stocks. They're good no doubt, but they're still a rock away and need to jump. They can't complain because they have nothing to complain about. If PKM jumps out of the PR and one of them's going to make it. they'll complain about not makin it because they'll have something to complain for. If you don't cry out loud, you cry in your room alone and cut your wrists (look at elefemo). It takes more guts to say what you think then just abide to the mighty ones.

cF=)

Smash Lord
One more tourny Jarc, one more and you're on the PR ! :)

It's sad to hear PKM will quit the tournament scene; he's been a model to every noob (including myself) who started playing more seriously after gettin their *** whipped. bonne chance dans tout ce que tu va entreprendre !

I wanna play Damax again, my Link needs improvement for next low tier matches I'll do at the bi-weeklies.

Dice

Smash Lord
I personally think Vexed69 should also be for consideration. He is quite the good falcon player from Ottawa and managed to 2-0 testrider's sheik in pools at ToS2 with his falcon, which I find to be quite impressive.

Damax

Smash Lord
I personally think Vexed69 should also be for consideration. He is quite the good falcon player from Ottawa and managed to 2-0 testrider's sheik in pools at ToS2 with his falcon, which I find to be quite impressive.
Yeah vexed! he got through pools rather than jarc. GJ! we found the next Power player.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
How did I forget about vexed? O.o

But also, I don't think these rankings will be changing anytime soon now haha, we'll have to give it a couple tournaments to see what happens.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
lol why main me as falcon haha
i bet Locke's placement is due to the result of that super ownage on the crewbattle isnt it :)

the only thing my falcon has ever done is play PKM in crews heh

WERE DOUBLES AND CREWS INCLUDED IN THIS ANAYLSIS? MITCH SAYS NO

do the top 10 of this list or somethin get to be the 10 that beat westcoast in a crewbattle?

Card

Smash Lord
WERE DOUBLES AND CREWS INCLUDED IN THIS ANAYLSIS? MITCH SAYS NO
POSITION CRITERIA (loosely edited from the SoCal PR)

* Tournament performance - Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles and Crew performances in recent tournaments.

taken from the OP ._.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
the real upset of this thread is
Take me off that list, I won't be playing in tournaments anymore. Good luck to everyone seeing motivation with such list. Train hard and represent well in any future big tournament involving west coast's or US's players!
i cried when i heard this

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dk

Dice

Smash Lord
When I was discussing the PR list with the other panelist peeps, team and crews were never really brought into disucssion, it was all 1v1 tournament results and matchups.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
omg your posts is 123, that's an arithmetic series

omg that guy's posts was 757 that's a palendrone

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Asking stuff kindly and firmly just deserves getting punched in the face. No seriously, it's like, how can you look firm and kind without being a *****? "Would you please not spit when you talk? Thanks". Reminds me of my religion teacher in high school, what a power ***. Whatever...

Anyway, I wanted to respect that decision, but other people wanted you to stay on the list, and/or think that you might/will come back. What about PhoenyxFire's request, does Kingsley intend to quit?
CHESTER MAY I PLEASE TOUCH YOU. Firm and kind.

Keeping someone on the PR list because they might come back is garbs. It should be up to objective analysis based on their activity. It's like saying I should get a spot on the PR because I might want to go to the WC v EC crew battle. That's just dumb/dump.

Also why wouldn't USA tournaments be factored in? If a Canadian got 1st at an MLG that's got to say something about his skill. Maybe not for a single Canadian, but I'm pretty sure a good case could be made for a tournament with several Canadian players at it.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
i understand the canada font, with red, white then some more red (canadian flag)

but howcome east coast is blue and power rankings is beiege (sp)

i do not know this at all and it is RAKING MY BRAINs

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
- so they are gonna take my place? even if they were all two stocks.

- They're good no doubt, but they're still a rock away and need to jump. They can't complain because they have nothing to complain about.

- If PKM jumps out of the PR and one of them's going to make it. they'll complain about not makin it because they'll have something to complain for. If you don't cry out loud, you cry in your room alone and cut your wrists (look at elefemo). It takes more guts to say what you think then just abide to the mighty ones.
- I think 2 stocks is pretty heavy in the "who's better" balance.
- and you're barely hanging on your rock.
- After, I didn't understand much, but you don't "have" to complain about anything. I think you should ask yourself questions when everybody thinks one way and you don't. Not following the pack doesn't mean being right.
Lanowen/Shuriken/Jarc for PR if pkm's out from the list.
vexed69 and jarc are the best contenders.

qft, only like ben said, it wasn't only his sheik.
- i bet Locke's placement is due to the result of that super ownage on the crewbattle isnt it :)

- WERE DOUBLES AND CREWS INCLUDED IN THIS ANAYLSIS? MITCH SAYS NO

- do the top 10 of this list or somethin get to be the 10 that beat westcoast in a crewbattle?
-Also because he's good and places well in tournaments.
-We didn't have to include crews/teams much this time, but it is taken into account.
-Not necessarily.
- CHESTER MAY I PLEASE TOUCH YOU. Firm and kind.

- Keeping someone on the PR list because they might come back is garbs. It should be up to objective analysis based on their activity. It's like saying I should get a spot on the PR because I might want to go to the WC v EC crew battle. That's just dumb/dump.

-Also why wouldn't USA tournaments be factored in? If a Canadian got 1st at an MLG that's got to say something about his skill. Maybe not for a single Canadian, but I'm pretty sure a good case could be made for a tournament with several Canadian players at it.
- no
- agreed, especially if they ask to be removed.
- agreed, good placings in us tourneys should definitely be a plus.
i understand the canada font, with red, white then some more red (canadian flag)

but howcome east coast is blue and power rankings is beiege (sp)

i do not know this at all and it is RAKING MY BRAINs
I don't know.

Dice

Smash Lord
[johns]For the record, vexed didn't 2-0 my Sheik. He beat my Sheik, and then my Dorf.[/johns]
oh sorry, I didnt' actually see the match. Someone told me (brian I think) that vexed 2-0 you and I asked "his sheik?" and he said yeah. My mistake.

Overdaws

Smash Apprentice
Interesting list, hopefully our "crew" from Guelph will be able to come to the next tourney and get a better idea of what it means.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Wow. I honestly thought I'd be somewhere up there. lol. I guess placing solid above 5th in all T.O. tournies doesn't really matter. AH WELL! S'all part of the challenge.

Erm. Bread pwns. GO JIH.

Aaaaand, more T.O. tournies = more opportunities for lesser-knowns to make the PR.

^_^

Peeeace.

Dice

Smash Lord
Vwins is correct. There are only 3 people from toronto on the list (one of them apparently has quit?) so coming top 5 in a toronto tournament doesn't count for as much as coming top 5 in an Ottawa/Quebec tournament.

Top Bottom