• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alloy's character

Revven

FrankerZ
Fighting Alloy Team =/= Fighting Polygon Team.
They don't have to be direct remakes of any certain character, not quite sure where you get that from.
We got it from the fact that it's how Multi-Man Melee was. It used the Wireframes which were distinct copies of certain characters. Why they would bring back Multi-Man and then suddenly change the rules so you're not fighting copies of characters is beyond me. They can be a copy of anything, playable characters however, are the likely option.

You can't spin it any other way. Hell, they could even not look like the one they're copying. A lot of the characters in the first game looked deformed when they were the Polygons and then in Melee there were only a handful of Wireframes (two if I recall, Zelda and C. Falcon). At best, they're characters with the same move set as someone else. At worst, they are completely new characters with new move sets (doubtful).

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Green is not Kirby, his moves are probably the same, but i think sakurai just means that Green alloy and Kirby arent the same character

gamer8

Smash Lord
To all those who I know will disagree with me, just listen! I'm using the facts, I don't know if some of these are new, so I'm not assuming anything we don't know.

Red Alloy

Character is Captain Falcon:
Who doesn't believe this? Same pose, same "multi-man" from Melee.

Blue Alloy

Character is Zelda:
To start, who was the last female "multi-man" based off of? Now, you can also tell that the falling form is similar to Zelda. To those saying this is Zamus(etc.), keep in mind, Zamus uses the Paralyzer, which it appears to not have. Keep in mind, the female fighting Wire-frames in Melee also had pony tails, and were off of Zelda.

Yellow Alloy

Character is uknown, or possibly Mario:
Now this one is confusing. The horns allude that this may be the AC rep, or even Bowser Jr. I, in my opinion, believe this is actually Mario. Notice in this picture, his falling form resembles Mario's(hands spinning, legs straight down). For now, this one remains inconclusive.

Green Alloy

Character is possibly Kirby:
Now on this one, Sakurai just plain told us it looks like Kirby, but it isn't. This leads some to wonder, is this Kirby or not? Some other suggestions for this one may be Tamagon, or even an allusion to Jigglypuff. This one remains inconclusive as well.

Well, there you have it. Speculate whatever you will, but please, keep these things in mind.
Please, no flaming in this thread.
Actually, 2nd one is peach and the 3rd is Mario.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA PEACH, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

k...back...

OOooookay: Check it:

RED ALLOY is
CAPTAIN FALCON

~Cleary, it's Captain Falcon...no question about that~

BLUE ALLOY is
ZELDA PEACH

~As it was in Melee...though it looks like they re-wired (pun not intended) the
body movements...similar to how they changed the way Peach runs (grabbing dress
from behind). Looks like Zelda's fall from her jump leaves her with her arms a bit bent
EDIT: it's Peach...my bad...but read on for the rest~

YELLOW ALLOY is
MARIO

~the horns are there for adornment...just for show. this is a pose from when Mario
turns around to face the other way from RIGHT to LEFT. like with Zelda, looks like
they re-worked some body movements...his head doesn't turn as much. Keep in
mind that Sakurai has implemented a new feature of "locking eye-contact" with other
characters (when two characters' heads and eyes stay in focus with eachother)~

GREEN ALLOY is
KIRBY

~despite the sir kibbles-esque mohawk and the weird "arabian knights" shoes, this
is in fact, Kirby. if you recall, in Smash 64, Kirby was comprised of two spheres on top
of eachother (like a 2-sphered snowman) for his Polygon counterpart. Pikachu looked
like a fat reptile with a short Yoshi-esque tail (no lightning bolt tail). HERE IS A VIDEO
of a 64 fighting polygon fight with Link vs. (Mario) (Link) and (Pikachu) Polygon figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz2J5VPL4w~

~OH yeah...this is Kirby (like Mario) turning from facing RIGHT to LEFT~

Now, the good stuff...as for the animations...take a gander:

FIRST SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) is being hit~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) is being hit~
~now with this oblong shape, it's a result of a "high velocity" impact...it's in Melee, too~

SECOND SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) descending~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) being hit~
~either before or after the oblong-effect takes place from impact~

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA PEACH, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....

Ciela

Smash Apprentice
Yes! Finally we can have teams! Sorry random outburst o.o And from the from he does look like knight kirby or whatever...

gamer8

Smash Lord

It’s pretty obvious that the Red Alloy is Captain Falcon, same stance of punch. Simple.

Some thing the Blue Alloy is Zero Suit Samus because of the ponytail, but this isn’t so. The ponytail means nothing, as the spiked shoulder pads mean nothing for the Falcon Alloy and the Horns on the Yellow Alloy don’t mean Meteos either.
Instead of Zero Suit Samus others thought of Zelda (she was used for Multi-Man Melee, so why not Multi-Man Brawl?) but I thought Peach.

Here I noticed the arms. As you can see, Zelda’s left arm extends almost flat out where Peach and the Blue Alloy both crop their left arm up at almost a 90 degree angle. Match.

And here you we see that the legs of the Blue Alloy and Zelda don’t match up. Zelda’s legs bend inwards toward her rear and the Blue Alloy extends her legs out inform of her, Matching Peach’s legs and feet placement.

Just because it has Horns doesn’t mean he is Meteos, same with the ponytail.

(Because Lucas is a Ness clone, by movement of walking, body and some moves I will be using Ness as an image reference)
I first thought of Ness/Lucas when I saw Yellow Alloy because of the arm placement to the torso and feet.
See how his left arm is tucked back and right pushed forward like the Yellow Alloy. It looks the same but its not. It’s actually Mario. The glowing balls for hands threw me off, the Alloy is actually holding a fist and angled right arm like Mario as he keeps his right arm tucked back extended a tiny big to the side.

Also, we can see here that Mario falls much more similarly to the Yellow Alloy than Ness does, with the legs extended downward, not to the sides, and feet match respectively to Mario’s.

As for getting hit my Mario’s side Smash, Ness’s head is tucked way too far down to match the Yellow Alloy while Mario’s frame matches the extended arms and bent legs with head in proper place.

And as for the Green Alloy I see it as Kirby. I know its kind of a “duh” but Ill explain anyway.

Seen here Kirby’s legs match the Green Alloy’s by the angle in which they are extended away from each other and his turned body.

Biggest proof I see is when Kirby and Green Alloy are hit by Mario’s side Smash. Both are bent in similar fashion and feet, one bent up one bent down.

Here we see Kirby standing on his toes (or whatever he has) tilting forward to get a better look at something or other, in game mode and the Subspace Emissary, and his form seems to Match that of Green Alloy’s stance in the opening picture.

So from these visuals and explanations, these are my deductions.
Red Alloy: Captain Falcon
Blue Alloy: Peach
Yellow Alloy: Mario
Green Alloy: Kirby
I agree with this.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I never dinked around much in Melee's multi-man, I just remember them being different. Could be wrong though. Probably am. It'd be neat if there were more than four characters.

As far as the "It looks like Kirby, but it's not!" line... he's probably talking literally, as in, that green metal deal isn't Kirby. It fights like him and looks like him, but it's totally not Kirby.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Sorry Jupiter but I think its Peach not Zelda, look at the legs. Oh those sweet sweet legs... mmm.... legs...

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said Green Alloy isn't Kirby. That doesn't mean he isn't based off of Kirby. None of these alloys actually are CF/Zelda/Mario/Kirby or whoever, they're just based on them. He looks like Kirby, but isn't. Perhaps that just means he fights and looks like Kirby, but he's not, he's the Green Alloy.
Just my two cents.

M.K

Level 55
I hope they add more character models, like Gold Alloy (Bowser), Black Alloy (Charizard, and Silver Alloy (Dedede)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Sakurai said Green Alloy isn't Kirby. That doesn't mean he isn't based off of Kirby. None of these alloys actually are CF/Zelda/Mario/Kirby or whoever, they're just based on them. He looks like Kirby, but isn't. Perhaps that just means he fights and looks like Kirby, but he's not, he's the Green Alloy.
Just my two cents.
Maybe he meant its not Kirby in his normal form...But maybe its a Kirby hat :confused:?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
They Are All Obv Game & Watch Jeez!

G&w Confirmed

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The reason why it's probably not Snake as the Red Alloy in favor of Captain Falcon, are Snake's standard moves. We all know that FWF never used any of their special moves, and all their stadard ones were basically standard attacks with very little flashy effects. Snake though breaks this mold by being able to plant mines and fire missles, all without resorting to the B button. Falcon though, is pure Melee, which works well here. Thus it's very unlikely that it's Snake.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
They Are All Obv Game & Watch Jeez!

G&w Confirmed
You're making fun of yourself, since ou were the one that invented that stupid "combo character" idea.

LOLOLOLOLOL FALCOZ IZ IN TE GAME HE IS GREEN ALLOY FUSED WITH KIRBYZLOL!!!!!!!!111111111

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

k...back...

OOooookay: Check it: (I'LL RESIZE THE PICS IN A BIT TO A SMALLER SIZE...)

RED ALLOY is
CAPTAIN FALCON

~Cleary, it's Captain Falcon...no question about that~

BLUE ALLOY is
ZELDA

~As it was in Melee...though it looks like they re-wired (pun not intended) the
body movements...similar to how they changed the way Peach runs (grabbing dress
from behind). Looks like Zelda's fall from her jump leaves her with her arms a bit bent~

YELLOW ALLOY is
MARIO

~the horns are there for adornment...just for show. this is a pose from when Mario
turns around to face the other way from RIGHT to LEFT. like with Zelda, looks like
they re-worked some body movements...his head doesn't turn as much. Keep in
mind that Sakurai has implemented a new feature of "locking eye-contact" with other
characters (when two characters' heads and eyes stay in focus with eachother)~

GREEN ALLOY is
KIRBY

~despite the sir kibbles-esque mohawk and the weird "arabian knights" shoes, this
is in fact, Kirby. if you recall, in Smash 64, Kirby was comprised of two spheres on top
of eachother (like a 2-sphered snowman) for his Polygon counterpart. Pikachu looked
like a fat reptile with a short Yoshi-esque tail (no lightning bolt tail). HERE IS a video
of a 64 fighting polygon fight with Link vs. (Mario) (Link) and (Pikachu) Polygon figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz2J5VPL4w~

~OH yeah...this is Kirby (like Mario) turning from facing RIGHT to LEFT~

Now, the good stuff...as for the animations...take a gander:

FIRST SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) is being hit~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) is being hit~
~now with this oblong shape, it's a result of a "high velocity" impact...it's in Melee, too~

SECOND SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) descending~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) being hit~
~either before or after the oblong-effect takes place from impact~

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....
Now all you that hypothesize the alloys are made of multiple characters have a good idea, but what I thought when I checked the update was, that sakurai took the basic model for characters (like in 64 and melee), but this time he added features to make them look cool.(ex=mohawk, not becuase of falco). The reason I believe they are called alloys is becuase in sense they are a mixture of polygon team and wireframe team. Sure they don't look perfectly identical to their componets (but you can see the many polygons and the wireframe at their stomach), but as it has been stated before alloys don't have to have the properties of their seperate materials.
Finally some guys that actually THINK. This is just a fusion bewteen polygon team and wireframe team. And instead of adding all 12 polygon characters (or an alloy version of every Brawl char) they'll go with just this four -for online purposes-. BTW, 15-min-multi-man is back. Ugg.

antimatter

Smash Lord
yellow is mario like, but i still say it is mostly geolyte. google image search can show the similarities.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
jupiter...you're God-like! Nice find!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I notice the alloys are in Nintendo colors: red, blue, green, and yellow.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
For all that I agree that the one screenshot we have of Blue does match Peach's falling animation from Melee, the one in the first screenshot really seems to match Zelda's instead (straighter right arm and leg). What a conundrum ;). Of course, that first image could very well be composed of renders, rather than "screens".

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Ture enough each character alloy is based off another character, although I think Snake had a similar pose (consult videos), Thinking it is CF is being hopeful, the green could be jiggly/meta/kirby, although I think the blue looks more like Zamus

NukeA6

Smash Master
You mean player colors? They're in the order of P1, P2, P3, P4.
Oh no, it's the Nintendo colors. They've been a part of Nintendo for a long time (I think since the SNES era).

The European SNES and the Famicom controllers have r/b/g/y buttons.

The Super Mario World Yoshis come in r/b/g/y.

Mario, Wario, Luigi, and Waluigi come in r/b/g/y.

The main characters of the Lufia series have r/b/g/y hair.

The N64 and Gamecube controllers have r/b/g/y buttons (Gamecube got the yellow C-Stick)

The Koopas in Super Mario World come in r/b/g/y shells.

The Super Mario 64 letters on the boxart are r/b/g/y.

Pokemon has r/b/g/y versions (Green is only available in Japan).

The Starter Pokemon come in r/b/g with Pikachu as yellow.

Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack has r/b/g/y blocks (and purple).

There are many more.

djs5590

Smash Rookie
pretty sure the guys who said its Cpt. Falcon, Peach, Mario and Kirby are spot on.

they way look though, i think, follows the Alloy theory - 2 or more characters mixed together.

the horns dont look like anyone's on Yellow. if you look, Bowser and AC have similar horns which look nothing like Yellow's. Even Giga Bowser's dont look quite right. im still convinced they're the Meteos horns ;)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
How sure though, you need to take a look at the gameplay videos (or even the some of the trailers) have snake in the that pose, also blue could very much be Zamus, the ponytail is too thin for Peach or Zelda...

Chess

Smash Rookie
Listen, nicca.

blayde axel is right.

Both F-Zero and Animal Crossing Franchise symbols are on the dojo.

The Red and Yellow is significant evidence for the respective characters.

Done deal.

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
I was just browsing around the forums, and noticed this:

Wow. Just.... wow

Grifflame

Smash Cadet
I think that blue is Zelda instead of Peach because of the fact that Peach's dsmash incorporates her dress and I believe that move would be rather hard to pull off without one.

Top Bottom