• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alloy's character

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I think that it's C.Falcon, Zelda, Kirby and Mario imo. Probably all starters, so C.Falcon confirmed as starter ^_^!

Bajef8

Smash Ace
To all those who I know will disagree with me, just listen! I'm using the facts, I don't know if some of these are new, so I'm not assuming anything we don't know.

Red Alloy

Character is Captain Falcon:
Who doesn't believe this? Same pose, same "multi-man" from Melee.

Blue Alloy

Character is Zelda:
To start, who was the last female "multi-man" based off of? Now, you can also tell that the falling form is similar to Zelda. To those saying this is Zamus(etc.), keep in mind, Zamus uses the Paralyzer, which it appears to not have. Keep in mind, the female fighting Wire-frames in Melee also had pony tails, and were off of Zelda.

Yellow Alloy
Character is uknown, or possibly Mario:
Now this one is confusing. The horns allude that this may be the AC rep, or even Bowser Jr. I, in my opinion, believe this is actually Mario. Notice in this picture, his falling form resembles Mario's(hands spinning, legs straight down). For now, this one remains inconclusive.

Green Alloy

Character is possibly Kirby:
Now on this one, Sakurai just plain told us it looks like Kirby, but it isn't. This leads some to wonder, is this Kirby or not? Some other suggestions for this one may be Tamagon, or even an allusion to Jigglypuff. This one remains inconclusive as well.

Well, there you have it. Speculate whatever you will, but please, keep these things in mind.
Please, no flaming in this thread.

i think the yellow alloy could be lucas and not mario.
look at this pic

it looks more like lucas's stance and not mario's.

Capt Falcon=Red alloy
Zelda=Blue alloy
Kirby=Green alloy -i know it's him. i think sakurai was just joking around when he said it's not kirby. of course it's not, it's green alloy, but his form was still derived from kirby.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The mode pic shows Blue in a Zelda pose, but screens show her in a Peach pose... we'll just have to wait and see.
Also lol at Red on the Sonic/Mario pic, that bair is not going to hit anyone.
And to that guy saying something about primary colors: GREEN IS NOT A PRIMARY COLOR, green=blue+yellow, making it SECONDARY.
BTW, primary colors are RBY.
@ Bajef8: some say that's Mario's turning around animation, and it doesn't match any Lucas pic.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
To me it doesn't seem like they're based off of anyone this time around. It seems more like Sakurai just wanted to create an original team to fight for the Multi-man events. I remember the Fighting Polygon Team being based off of the characters, but I don't remember the same being the case in Melee. I could be wrong though. I really don't care if the characters are based off of anybody, but I do think it's kind of silly that people are actually arguing over who the characters are based off of.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The mode pic shows Blue in a Zelda pose, but screens show her in a Peach pose... we'll just have to wait and see.
Also lol at Red on the Sonic/Mario pic, that bair is not going to hit anyone.
And to that guy saying something about primary colors: GREEN IS NOT A PRIMARY COLOR, green=blue+yellow, making it SECONDARY.
BTW, primary colors are RBY.
But in all packages of crayons it's it's it's the fourth one...

;)

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
To me it doesn't seem like they're based off of anyone this time around. It seems more like Sakurai just wanted to create an original team to fight for the Multi-man events. I remember the Fighting Polygon Team being based off of the characters, but I don't remember the same being the case in Melee. I could be wrong though. I really don't care if the characters are based off of anybody, but I do think it's kind of silly that people are actually arguing over who the characters are based off of.
I know.
But it just makes me think why it's called an 'alloy'

Twos metals combined together to make an entirely substantially new form.

I'm sure He wouldn't take it from thin air.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
They were based of C.Falcon and Zelda in melee, and it is a bit stupid to argue something like this but some people just come in with crazy ideas (Snake,ZSS, SirKible, etc) and it's actually the most recent thing we can discuss about Brawl.
And like someone said before they're armored wireframes, maybe alloy refers to how the FP looked metallic, and if Alloy=WF+FP.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
WHAT'S THIS?!?!?!

You children are still bickering?!? ....oh god....god god god....

Okay...here it is again. I'll post the very same thing I posted several pages back:

CHECK IT:
---------------------------------------------------
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA PEACH, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

k...back...

OOooookay: Check it:

RED ALLOY is
CAPTAIN FALCON

~Cleary, it's Captain Falcon...no question about that~

BLUE ALLOY is
ZELDA PEACH

~it's Peach...the arms match, the feet match, it all matches....PEACH PEACH PEACH!
For the first time we have Peach as a multi-(wo)man~

~(picture credit for these 2 of Peach goes to SiegK)~

YELLOW ALLOY is
MARIO

~the horns are there for adornment...just for show. this is a pose from when Mario
turns around to face the other way from RIGHT to LEFT. like with Zelda, looks like
they re-worked some body movements...his head doesn't turn as much. Keep in
mind that Sakurai has implemented a new feature of "locking eye-contact" with other
characters (when two characters' heads and eyes stay in focus with eachother)~

GREEN ALLOY is
KIRBY

~despite the sir kibbles-esque mohawk and the weird "arabian knights" shoes, this
is in fact, Kirby. if you recall, in Smash 64, Kirby was comprised of two spheres on top
of eachother (like a 2-sphered snowman) for his Polygon counterpart. Pikachu looked
like a fat reptile with a short Yoshi-esque tail (no lightning bolt tail). HERE IS A VIDEO
of a 64 fighting polygon fight with Link vs. (Mario) (Link) and (Pikachu) Polygon figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz2J5VPL4w~

~OH yeah...this is Kirby (like Mario) turning from facing RIGHT to LEFT~

Now, the good stuff...as for the animations...take a gander:

FIRST SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) is being hit~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) is being hit~
~now with this oblong shape, it's a result of a "high velocity" impact...it's in Melee, too~

SECOND SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~RED ALLOY (CAPTAIN FALCON) being hit~

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) descending~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) being hit~
~either before or after the oblong-effect takes place from impact~

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA PEACH, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....

M.K

Level 55
How about:

Red: Humanoid Alloy Male Adult
Blue: Humanoid Alloy Female Adult
Yellow: Humanoid Alloy Child (Exclude Mario's shortness)
Green: Animalistic/Pet/Amorphous Blob Alloy

They all are based off of a mulititude of characters, but we can agree that this is the BASIC layout right?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
OH, BTW, the rason I think they're called Alloys is because in Melee, there was a tune called Alloy Warrior.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
They AREN'T the characters themselves.
Stop saying that.
They are general copies of a playable character or characters.

Also, in the update they look pretty huge, anybody notice that?
The wire frames were also bigger than their counterparts. It would be UBER COOL if these guys had a full cloned moveset of their counterparts and you could play them. I'd so main Red Alloy for the sake of his hump!

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure that the Green Alloy isn't Sir Kibble? That fin on his head looks awfully suspicious, and I'm sure that if Kibble was in the game he'd be bigger than Kirby. The fact his feet look like boots and he has an open head helps the matter even less, to be honest.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
They AREN'T the characters themselves.
Stop saying that.
They are general copies of a playable character or characters.

Also, in the update they look pretty huge, anybody notice that?
Beat you to the punch, dude...maybe you were typing this just after I reposted this:

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA PEACH, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....

watomsk

Smash Cadet
I think that the yellow alloy design is actually a reference to Meteos, a puzzle game made by Sakurai for DS =/ if you notice, Sakurai enjoys making cameos of other games he has made before.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure that the Green Alloy isn't Sir Kibble? That fin on his head looks awfully suspicious, and I'm sure that if Kibble was in the game he'd be bigger than Kirby. The fact his feet look like boots and he has an open head helps the matter even less, to be honest.
Yep, i'm sure it isn't Sir Kibble. It's like asking, "are you sure that isn't (some horned character) instead of Mario?"

I've given enough proof to satisfy my assertions. Any other suggestion is just wishful thinking or hopeful futility (other than Yellow possibly being Luigi, which could TOTALLY be the case...Mario and Luigi's standing and falling poses are easily interchangeable).

Those are just ornaments to the character's design. Like the ponytail for Peach and the shoulder spiky pads for Captain Falcon.

-Peach's alloy copy get a ponytail (Zelda's wireframe had it in Melee...so Peach gets it too)
-Cap's copy gets shoulder pads (cap's got a little captain morgan in him)
-Mario's copy gets horns (some say to pay homage to that Meteos character that Sakurai worked on)
-Kirby's gets a mohawk (most likely to pay homage to Sir Kibble), but will play just like Kirby w/o the Special B moves.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
maybe the red alloy could be Snake:

Most likely it's Falcon...but very likely might be Snake...maybe? Got something there, though.

Maybe i'm too picky, but the knee on the right (alloy's left knee) seems to be more bent than Snake's knee, and seems to fit Cap's model better...

But still...COULD be Snake, though.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was going to go on a tangent but Jupiter beat me to the punch! Anyways, the only alternates I could think of for each Alloy are the following:

Red: Snake
Blue: ZSS
Yellow: Pit???
Green: Jigglypuff

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm editing the 1st post for some misinterpretations. I'm also adding Jupiter's very good arguments.
The alloys are:

Red: Captain Falcon
Blue: Peach
Yellow: Mario
Green: Kirby

Close this please.
Why close it? At least this one is actually an analysys, not just saying ZOMG Falcon confirmed!!!
I was just browsing around the forums, and noticed this:

Wow. Just.... wow
Sigh.....so sad :urg:
I really hope the yellow one isnt an AC character/
Yeah...I don't see the AC series getting a playable rep..
The wire frames are based off of a general body type for the characters.

Red: The larger more up-straight human characters (Falcon)
Blue: The female characters (Zelda, Samus...)
Yellow: Yellow is the more stought characters (Mario, Lucas, Wario?)
Green: Amorphous characters (Kirby, Jigglypuff)

My theory
Very good theory.
Red: falcon/snake
Blue: zelda/peach
Green: kirby
Yellow: mario/luigi
there.
now, the thing that intrests ME is that they all now have completly unique models. see, in melee and 64, the wireframes/porlygons were just leftovers, that were created in the early stages of creating the character models, with a few little things added. however, if you look at the alloys, they have completly different character models, with only shapes and sizes the same as there character counterparts.
all and all, they look totaly awesome. there like the FPT, but cooler ;)

farewell :cool:
QFT
Lol Porlygons for Brawl! :chuckle:
-sigh- this is by far the saddest thing I have seen people over-speculate about.
Sadly it is:(
I'm just posting this so people stop blowing it out of proportion.
That also proves it is snake, just reverse that around and you have him
It can be proved by Zamus also because of the PonyTail and no other character has that
What? This makes no sense...
I think Yellow could be Midna too, not all alloys are exactly shaped like a character.
Theres a new one...And yes, they're not definitively shaped like any character.
Most likely it's Falcon...but very likely might be Snake...maybe? Got something there, though.

Maybe i'm too picky, but the knee on the right (alloy's left knee) seems to be more bent than Snake's knee, and seems to fit Cap's model better...

But still...COULD be Snake, though.
Good argument, guess we have to wait and see...

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
All of the alloys are pretty obvious EXCEPT for yellow.

The first person I thought of was Animal Crossing character but I think maybe the horns come too low out of the head??? Although the alloys are distorted from their clones...hmm its a toughy.

Someone mentioned it was mario possibly because of the same way he falls, and thats a very strong argument, but seriously why the horns?...-contridicting myself though, the ness polygon from the original smash had very tall hair... Omg going a bit off topic but now thinking back on it...the ness polygon looked an awful lot like lucas!...maybe i just caught the over-speculation disease though :S...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I'm editing the 1st post for some misinterpretations. I'm also adding Jupiter's very good arguments.

Why close it? At least this one is actually an analysys, not just saying ZOMG Falcon confirmed!!!

Sigh.....so sad :urg:

Yeah...I don't see the AC series getting a playable rep..

Very good theory.

QFT
Lol Porlygons for Brawl! :chuckle:

Sadly it is:(
I'm just posting this so people stop blowing it out of proportion.

What? This makes no sense...

Theres a new one...And yes, they're not definitively shaped like any character.

Good argument, guess we have to wait and see...
Apparently you can't understand my complex language...need a grammer dictionary?

P.s. you picked the worst quote of my arguement, clearly you do not know how to quote well at all

Drack

Smash Apprentice
I think the yellow one MOST closely resembles Geolyte from Meteos. Yes, it's been brought up before, but you can't deny that Meteos was popular, On a Nintendo console (DS), and Sakurai was involved with its development.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the horns of the Yellow Alloy and the Geolyte look identical in proportion and they way they curve....

NeoZ

Smash Ace
People saying it's Snake: what's wrong with you, Red does not look like Snake at all, and that guy talking about the right knee... you're right, except it doesn't fit C.Falcon's model better, it fits EXACTLY.
Also look at his Bair, why would Snake have the same moves as the captain?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Snake's nuetral a (forward punch) is in the exact same fashion, I believe it is in the second noncategorized trailer on the dojo (I hate forgetting the name)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Apparently you can't understand my complex language...need a grammer dictionary?

P.s. you picked the worst quote of my arguement, clearly you do not know how to quote well at all
I meant your argument made no sense >_<
How did that confirm it's Snake, and just because Zamus has a pony tail doesn't mean it's her, the Melee wire frame one had a pony tail, and that one was based off of Zelda :p

DieRadioDie

Smash Rookie
People saying it's Snake: what's wrong with you, Red does not look like Snake at all, and that guy talking about the right knee... you're right, except it doesn't fit C.Falcon's model better, it fits EXACTLY.
Also look at his Bair, why would Snake have the same moves as the captain?

im pretty sure that the red alloy is flying back or flinching from Sonic's kick, not his bair.
even it was his bair then it wouldnt match Falcon's because the legs are off

RazeveX

Smash Ace
i dont know if im right or not, but as soon as i saw the yellow alloy, i had NO DOUBT that it was ness. I didnt even think about it. That said, it could be lucas as well since they look so similar; but the first picture of the yellow alloy to me just looked like ness' taunt.

And when he says green is not kirby, i think that he is "secretly" telling you that its modeled after kirby, rather than earnestly telling you its a different character.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Now that you mention it his head also looks off, I guess he is flinching. So my bad, but still Snake's punch and CF's punch share only that they're both punches, you could even say "OMG red=fox look at his jab".

Top Bottom