• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alloy's character

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I think they're original this time, not because of their shape or design, but their size. The way they tower over other characters leads me to believe they're not just the standard throwaway clones anymore.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noted that these things look like Wireframes with armor? Look at the bits they don't cover.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I think the third one is an AC character. After all, there is an AC world, Ac items, and there is an AC symbol. All we need is an AC character.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Funny

Everyone knows red is C. Falcon. Look at his stance. People are so dumb sometimes. But w/e. I'll be listening to hear what Youko and SP have to say this weekend. Anyways, the first thing I thought, before I looked up this thread was "That's SO Captain Falcon!" And made a lil' crappy sig. Lol. Then I looked to see what other people thought, and obviously found something. I think everyone arguing should cut the crap. You know it looks like C. Falcon. Quit trying to be cool and argue, because it makes you look stupid.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Everyone knows red is C. Falcon. Look at his stance. People are so dumb sometimes. But w/e. I'll be listening to hear what Youko and SP have to say this weekend. Anyways, the first thing I thought, before I looked up this thread was "That's SO Captain Falcon!" And made a lil' crappy sig. Lol. Then I looked to see what other people thought, and obviously found something. I think everyone arguing should cut the crap. You know it looks like C. Falcon. Quit trying to be cool and argue, because it makes you look stupid.
Yup, it's obviously Captain Falcon. BTW, I love how you misspelled "Captain" in the sig you made~

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
The wire frames are based off of a general body type for the characters.

Red: The larger more up-straight human characters (Falcon)
Blue: The female characters (Zelda, Samus...)
Yellow: Yellow is the more stought characters (Mario, Lucas, Wario?)
Green: Amorphous characters (Kirby, Jigglypuff)

My theory

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
Red: falcon/snake
Blue: zelda/peach
Green: kirby
Yellow: mario/luigi
there.
now, the thing that intrests ME is that they all now have completly unique models. see, in melee and 64, the wireframes/porlygons were just leftovers, that were created in the early stages of creating the character models, with a few little things added. however, if you look at the alloys, they have completly different character models, with only shapes and sizes the same as there character counterparts.
all and all, they look totaly awesome. there like the FPT, but cooler ;)

farewell :cool:

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Ever though of Zamus she has nothing trailing her movement, nor does she have a dress...
As has been said MANY times, the lack of a dress doesn't say squat. Melee's Female Wireframe used Zelda's animations, but had no dress.

I don't think there are enough people who don't think it's C.Falcon's animations to warrant your "everyone arguing" comment. Honestly, some people made some speculations that it could be Snake's animations, but most then said that it was just as likely (if not, more likely) that we're looking at Falcon's. Honestly, simmer down and quit trying to look cool. It makes you look stupid ;).

antimatter

Smash Lord
yellow is mario with geolyte horns and some of the shape to reference meteos, a game that sakurai designed. that's my stance and i'm sticking to it.

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Maybe this time the alloys, instead of being clones of a certain character, get a few moves from different of it's type. For example:
the red one could be a mix of falcon's and snake's moves,
the blue one could have lets say, peach's up smash and zelda's down smash, maybe throw in zamus' down air whatever it may be, and so on.
Just a thought.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Yes! No one argue against a guy who can't spell "captain" and his Opinions! You will look stupid!

S2

Smash Lord
Well we know from the last two games that while the polygons/wireframes/etc. do not have full movesets, their MODEL is based on 1 particular characters.

The Red Alloy for instance, may not fight anything like Falcon. It could have anyone's moveset.

But its obvious that its using Falcon's frame (with new graphics over it). You can tell by the stance, the fact Falcon was used for Melee's fighting polygons, and that the blue alloy is Zelda (also used in Melee).

Sakurai probably realizes we know he's hiding Falcon. Most likely he really likes Falcon's updated model and he's keeping it a surprise.

PK2

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this has been posted, but it could be Olimar + AC Rep. Pics + Fused Shadow in a pinch.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the definition of Alloy, if you look closely on the charcaters you can see Wireframes in them. They appear to be an amalgam of the FPT and the Wireframes. That could be why they are called Alloys.

Also, I personally think Yellow could possibly be Claus.

PK2

Smash Cadet
As mentioned, here is an image of a silhouette of Olimar with AC Rep Horns next to the image of the Yellow Alloy. Strangely similar. It was a rush job.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
People seriously need to stop pointing at the horns and mohawk like they mean something. Like the Fighting Polygons and Wire Frames before them, the only important thing for the Alloys is that they have the same skeleton as the characters they're based on so they can get into the right poses for the hitboxes of their attacks. Frills like horns and mohawks do not alter the hitboxes, and can be added or removed at a whim without altering how the character works. They're there for aesthetic purposes, nothing more. They don't represent anything (except maybe these Meteos figures people are bringing up).

I can see that Blue's falling animation is a little bit more like Peach than Zelda, but she can't possibly be Peach. Just think about what that would entail. Floating around, pulling out sports equipment, doing the down-smash with no dress (that would just look freaky), and bashing people over the head with a crown that doesn't exist. Not really the behavior one would expect from a polygon/wireframe/alloy. Besides, for all we know, Zelda's falling animation could have been tweaked slightly to look like that for Brawl. She got more of a model change than most of the other characters, after all.

Dabble

Smash Cadet
Oh no, it's the Nintendo colors. They've been a part of Nintendo for a long time (I think since the SNES era).

The European SNES and the Famicom controllers have r/b/g/y buttons.

The Super Mario World Yoshis come in r/b/g/y.

Mario, Wario, Luigi, and Waluigi come in r/b/g/y.

The main characters of the Lufia series have r/b/g/y hair.

The N64 and Gamecube controllers have r/b/g/y buttons (Gamecube got the yellow C-Stick)

The Koopas in Super Mario World come in r/b/g/y shells.

The Super Mario 64 letters on the boxart are r/b/g/y.

Pokemon has r/b/g/y versions (Green is only available in Japan).

The Starter Pokemon come in r/b/g with Pikachu as yellow.

Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack has r/b/g/y blocks (and purple).

There are many more.
HEY! SO ARE THE SIMON LIGHTS!

...Dude, they are just the primary colors; they hold no real significance other than being the four base colors.

Quit making something big out of an everyday thing.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Enough.

Red = Falcon.
Blue = Zelda.
Yellow = Mario.
Green = Kirby.

Does it REALLY matter?!

I think the Axem Rangers would have been much funnier... XD

Hejiru

Smash Ace

I see the point about Mario flailing his hands, but if it were Mario, what are the horns for? Also, Sakurai purposely points out the horns too us. Maybe a hint? It seems to me this is the AC rep.

Now this is tricky. He did say this wasn't Kirby, but he could be joking/lying. I think it is Jigglypuff. See the thing on its head. Kirby is completely round. I think it is meant to be the tuff of hair on Jigglypuff's head, but I could be wrong.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that maybe we should wait until we have more proof before stating that these characters are based off of others is "obvious."

True: The previous wireframes/polygons have been based off of characters.

Also True: Just because it has been done in the past, it does not confirm it will be done in the future.

I for one will be giving Sakurai's team a bit more credit in their creativity, but I wouldn't be surprised either way, given that they've done it before.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
umm, devil and that trophy are different... if you didn't know. i thought it looked like jiggly puff, as in the pics of when its getting smashed it looks hugely disproportional. isn't that how either jiggly or kirby looked after they got smashed in melee?

i found this pic :

definitely kirby. look at how the look after getting hit.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
The yellow one is definitely Mario. Their body shapes are very similar, and the falling pose sells it.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
The yellow one is definitely Mario. Their body shapes are very similar, and the falling pose sells it.
That is... assuming that a character with the same falling animations and standing pose has the same move set. eh? eh?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
umm, devil and that trophy are different... if you didn't know. i thought it looked like jiggly puff, as in the pics of when its getting smashed it looks hugely disproportional. isn't that how either jiggly or kirby looked after they got smashed in melee?

i found this pic :

definitely kirby. look at how the look after getting hit.
That also proves it is snake, just reverse that around and you have him
It can be proved by Zamus also because of the PonyTail and no other character has that

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
That also proves it is snake, just reverse that around and you have him
It can be proved by Zamus also because of the PonyTail and no other character has that
the wire frame in melee has a ponytail despite being based off of zelda. i think we can agree that tiny features really prove nothing. for example, no one has horns or a mohawk (that we know of) despite the fact that they look like characters that are already confirmed. I think the real way to tell is in their animations. obviously the move sets won't be exactly the same as the character they're based off of, but if we can see them in motion we'll probably be able to tell almost immediatly who they are based off of. I'll wait till the 24to decide on this one (although by then multi man brawl will be the last thing on my mind).

Top Bottom