• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL OUT WAR: First Attack. Hamilton, ON Brawl/SSF4, June 12th

Iliad

Smash Lord

ALL OUT WAR: First Attack is the first in a series of bi-annual tournaments to be hosted in the "Golden Horseshoe" of Ontario; Burlington, Hamilton, Brantford, Kitchener/Waterloo, London, and St Catharines. Their goal? To host top quality tournaments for both Super Street Fighter IV and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Now I know what you're thinking, "I'm sold, give me every last detail so I can hurry down there on the 12th!" and thats a great thought, so here you are:

Where?

Pownz E-Sports Center
307 King Street E
Hamilton, ON

Contact info for Pownz E-Sports Center:
289-396-4290 (For information regarding the venue and directions if needed.)

Contact info for Iliad:
danath2@hotmail.com (MSN)
905-520-0424 (Cell)

When?

June 12th, 2010

What?

GHSF and Iliad will be hosting a Super Street Fighter IV Tournament (TOed by RXS) and a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles and Doubles Tournament (TOed by Iliad)

Venue Fee: $10

Entrance Free per event: $10 ($20 per team registered in doubles)

Prize pool distribution:

Singles & Doubles - 60%/30%/10%

For information regarding the SSFIV tournament please stay glued to http://ghsf.ca/

How?

GENERAL RULES FOR BRAWL

3 stock, 8 minute timer (Items are set to off and none)
All matches will be best of three with the exception of Losers finals, Winners finals, and Grand Finals, which will be best of five.

Stage striking will be in effect for all matches. (Both players will strike a neutral stage until one neutral is left, which will then be played as the first match. Both players are allowed 1 stage ban, regardless of Bo3 or Bo5.)

Dave's stupid rule is in effect for all matches. (If player A has beaten player B on a stage, player A may not choose that stage again unless both players agree.)

Matches that end in sudden death, will not be determined through sudden death. The player with the lower percentage or stock advantage prior to sudden death will be declared the winner. If both players have an equal stock count and equal percentage a 1 stock, 2 minute tie breaker match will played to determine the winner of the match.

With only one exception:
Any Bowser suicide klaws that result in sudden death will ignore sudden death and result as a win for the player who initiated the suicide klaw.

Stage List:

[Neutrals]
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

[Counters]
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Halberd

BANNED TECHNIQUES!-- If caught by the TO or other assigned staff doing any of this, you will be disqualified from your match.

-Metaknight's infinite cape glitch.
-Marth's infinite grab on Ness/Lucas
-Dedede's standing / walking infinite chaingrab

-Iceclimbers trade-off/hobbling chaingrab at 300% or higher. This is to be classified as stalling the match. The same is said of any infinite chaingrab into a wall for more than 300%
-Planking and Stalling!

BRAWL DOUBLES SPECIFIC RULES

Life stealing is allowed.

Team attack is turned ON

Chibo's colour blind rule is in effect. If a player has seeing disability, he or she may take priority in choosing team colours as to distinguish teammates easily.

Controller ports for doubles will be done in 1221 fashion. If there is a port dispute, RPS will be played to determine port priority.

Schedule
(Specific scheduling will be determined closer to the date.)

11am - Doors open

12pm - Registration

1pm - Doubles Brackets(If there is enough interest) / Singles Pools

1am - Doors close

Attendees

1. Iliad
2. Riddlebox
3. Phiddlesticks
4. AvariceX
5. Gichan
6. Mochi
7. Raidos
8. Kuenzel
9. Tippr
10. Swordgard
11. HolyNightmare
12. Pho
13. SRTM
14. TOJoe
15. Hype (Maybe)
16. Dinner
17. SilverDoc~
18. Jasuke

Equipment

Unfortunately we will likely only have room for a max of eight setups. Pownz is already home to 6 CRTs and 3 wii's. Hence we'll need 2 more full set-ups and 3 wiis. If we receive even more, we can attempt to negotiate with Pownz into opening up further space for more set-ups. More set-ups means faster tournament, which means more friendlies.

Current Tally:

6 CRT TVs, 4 Wii's with Brawl.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Keep in mind, that while this is being hosted at Pownz, this is not being run by Pownz. The person you need to speak to concerning Brawl is none other than the mighty Iliad, and likely anyone else I have with me as assistant TOs.

Stay tuned for an actual tourney thread post soon.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Keep in mind, that while this is being hosted at Pownz, this is not being run by Pownz. The person you need to speak to concerning Brawl is none other than the mighty Iliad, and likely anyone else I have with me as assistant TOs.

Stay tuned for an actual tourney thread post soon.
OMG coming to this for sure :)

Iliad

Smash Lord
Not my tourney boys n gals. I'm just running the smash.

*edit*

However, if the flyers haven't been printed yet, I'll speak to RXS.

*Double edit*

And he can't. He's already reserved the date with pownz, and there would be scheduling conflicts with other SSF4/SF4 tourneys in the area.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Not my tourney boys n gals. I'm just running the smash.

*edit*

However, if the flyers haven't been printed yet, I'll speak to RXS.

*Double edit*

And he can't. He's already reserved the date with pownz, and there would be scheduling conflicts with other SSF4/SF4 tourneys in the area.
can you run melee pl0x?

Iliad

Smash Lord
NVM, honestly, do not feel obliged to come. I feel guilty as **** that I don't come to Montreal and likely won't go to Montreal any time soon, so don't come down here if you guys absolutely don't want / can do something else. I'm dead serious.

sauc3

Smash Lord
NVM, honestly, do not feel obliged to come. I feel guilty as **** that I don't come to Montreal and likely won't go to Montreal any time soon, so don't come down here if you guys absolutely don't want / can do something else. I'm dead serious.
advertising at its best, taking the eric cartman approach, i approve

5ive

Smash Champion
I might make it out with Swizz, Fonez and Eugene for SF4. Since there's no plus, I might as well enter Brawl as well.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Iliad.

If your TO skills are half as sexy as you are, this should be a sick tourney. Only problem is getting there.

Anyone have a spot on the way down? Paying for gas is a given

Iliad

Smash Lord
will there be free coffee and donuts?
EVERYONE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU DON'T PRE REGISTER, YOU WON'T GET YOUR FREE COFFEE OR DONUT. I KNOW, IT'S NOT REALLY FREE SINCE YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE VENUE BUT I'MA CALL THAT **** FREE ANYHOW. PRE REG QUICKLY, SUPPLIES HAVE ALMOST RUN OUT. IN FACT, THEY HAVE.

<3 Tinman

nickcam

Smash Ace
sauga will probably be there, not for brawl though lol. Might play some people just for fun but probably wont enter brawl

nvm

Smash Apprentice
yo I play Brawl for fun anyways. Kinda gets boring to always play the same persons over and over considering the time I spent practicing/playing that game would be a waste not to play participate to some tournies. Some people waste their money on MMORPG, other buy tons of food and gets fat, others buy bikes, others waste their money on customizing their car.. so I don't see why I should feel guilty spending like 50$ coming there =P

[emo poetic]
I like the roadtrips, practicing my angrishhh, make new buddies and i'm learning alot. .it feels like vacatiosn which I barely had :p My only john would money I guess. (need to get summer tires on that car XD)
[/emo poetic]

sooo... yea!! hah hope to see you there buddy

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
anyone in toronto able to gimme a ride there or wants to bus it with me?

whoops forgot to add +1 wii/tv if i can get a ride there, if i bus ill bring my wii

Top Bottom