• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeaaaaaaa

Talked to some red deer guys. Brent, Matt and Scott are making it. I haven't talked to the others yet though. Should be a fun turnout for this first melee monthly

Also, I think I might be a little late. I'm gonna be at uni from 9-2 that day so i'm done when doubles starts pretty much. I'll try to see if I can leave early or something. Since I can just lrt there pretty quickly, if worse comes to worse just postpone our match as late as possible XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Falcon only is ********. If you want to use falcon use him in tournament. Don't spoil it for the people who use low tier characters.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol. Pierre will be pretty happy I guess cause there's him.

I'm not sure if those other guys will be back in sask by then. There in australia or something atm.

edit: also, lmao, i was so struck by the first sentence, I didn't notice how bad the rest of your post was Luke.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I made a profit of $86. Total entry fees cost $50 (venue, Brawl singles and doubles, Melee singles), I made $125 from 1st in singles, and another $11 from Money Matches.

I got third in doubles. The guy I was supposed to enter with couldn't make it, so I paired up last minute with somebody else. We worked well together, but a couple screw-ups at pivotal moments got us eliminated. I did make a really amazing comeback even Colin would be proud of though. =D Long story short, I was on my last stock at high % against MK with 2 stocks and Ness with 1 stock, and I won. It was grand.

The singles bracket had the most terrible seeding EVER. Given the scope of the tournament and the lack of pools or any kind of seeding, it was understandable, but I ONLY played the top contenders. I was amazed to pull off the win in the first round, and I played the guy I faced in the second round again in Grand Finals. >.< The bottom quarter of the bracket was just completely stacked. It actually got easier after the second round, but by that point, it was winner's semis, so I still had some fairly difficult matches...

There were only 12 people in the singles bracket IIRC. RAAAGE at low turnout. It is BC though, so I shouldn't have expected much. ;-;

:005:

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I dunno who to crown king
If anyone can replace me as coolest dude, PM me.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm from calgary, and i play brawl o.0.

~~Too stupid/slow to play melee. :D

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
*Thinks to self.

What will happen.

Hansel arrives at the melee place.

Walks around for a few minutes clueless until he finds some nice people

Enter the tourney for melee

Spends several minutes trying to remember the controls

He gets into a random pool...

He spends another several minutes trying to find a person to use.

His opponent is mad at him for taking so long.

Hansel chooses some a random high tier.

Hansel tries to wave dash or w.e

Hansel manages to get a hit on his opponent

Opponent is so surprised he loses a stock

Hansel loses....

So yeh?

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been keeping tabs, but I think melee has been doused minus Brent/Scott/Matt. I wont be coming, but if Connor has the initiative the whole thing might snowball into a partial showing :p

Top Bottom