• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, not sure how many of you are actually from Edmonton. But I wanted to let you know that we want to start a competitive scene for brawl on our website. The only problem is we're not sure of the level of interest you guys have in Edmonton.

We held a brawl tournament at Animethon this year and seen 67 people sign up for brawl. Now I'm not sure if that is really high for you guys, but seeing as our DDR, street fighter 4 and blazblue tournaments only really get 45 people in it, it is large for us. We're certainly interested in widening our tournament scene with more/different games.

If you guys are interested in getting some ranbats going on at a different venue and continuing the growth of web site just join up on Edmontongamers.com

We have weekly Ranking Battles at a store called Apocalypse Games which have been successful. As can be seen here.
http://ap-gaming.com/ We're soon to be fusing our website with theirs to further grow the console gaming and PC gaming in Edmonton. We also have things on going on with Bioware and plan to make a really big tournament happen with them.

I thought I'd chime in on a few threads and try to get some of your guys attention. So if your at all interested in Checking us out or our competitive scene, Join www.edmontongamers.com and give brawl a voice so we can start doing tournaments for you guys. Oh and We're mainly interested in the Brawl comuinty. No hate on the mash 64 or melee scene. we just want our focus to keep on the newer games.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
the newest game is brawl+ blargablargablargablarga. The 5.0 build is sexy except for marrth who makes me rage.

But this sounds kinda cool. Where is Apocalypse games anyways?

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
Down town, 10185 107 Street

we plan to do a tournament on the 19th of next month... along with ddr,. because sf4 and brawl take to long to run together

Yoshara

Smash Lord
The Wii can be modded to play backups? I never knew *darts eyes back and fourth*

But seriously, I have actually have learned how to patch a NTSC-J WAD (WiiWare/VC) file to run on a NTSC-U 4.1 Wii.

P.S. What is this, Edmonton's Brawl scene is getting bigger?

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
The Wii can be modded to play backups? I never knew *darts eyes back and fourth*

But seriously, I have actually have learned how to patch a NTSC-J WAD (WiiWare/VC) file to run on a NTSC-U 4.1 Wii.

P.S. What is this, Edmonton's Brawl scene is getting bigger?
We want to grow the competive scene in Edmonton for all games by offering bigger venues and more comp
Is there money involved? LOL. I will for sure be there regardless omfg this is amazing.
No tournaments we host are free.

10$ Winnings for out to
1st 2nd 3rd
70% 20% 10%

We don't get jack squat.. Unless we some how win a tournament lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well this is very intriguing. How many people are interested in brawl that you know? Also most of the people who play brawl in AB are from edmonton, so you guys are in luck. I am excited to see how this turns out.

Also to everyone I saw District 9 today. It was a pretty cool movie, with a somewhat cliche story line frame, but the story itself was pretty neat. I'd suggest watching it, although it is excessively gory at some points.

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
Well this is very intriguing. How many people are interested in brawl that you know? Also most of the people who play brawl in AB are from edmonton, so you guys are in luck. I am excited to see how this turns out.

Also to everyone I saw District 9 today. It was a pretty cool movie, with a somewhat cliche story line frame, but the story itself was pretty neat. I'd suggest watching it, although it is excessively gory at some points.
Off hand we have 6 or 7 people. But we seen the interest at animethon. We're not sure how many of them are going to join the forum. but we can only expect the players to keep coming as we continue to grow this part of our community.

Anytime we do a tournament we're asked about brawl. So we figure, why not try to get something going on.

Frio

Smash Champion
We could do one, but we'd hav e to run it almost at the same time as the singles. We only have 2 wii's. I know how long these smash tourneys can go
lots of people here are willing to Bring TVs and wiis to tourys

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Every brawler should join that site. They have a good venue, and apparently a connection to some radio thing that they can advertise on.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I just signed up on the site.

P.S. What is this about a tournament involving Bioware. Last time I checked, they made RPG's.

P.P.S. On the subject of MGS, I think this is probably the funniest thing to come out of MGS 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgDIWxgOYA&feature=channel_page (Contains Raiden*, and some spoilers.) I think the funniest thing about it is that the next MGS is starring Raiden as the main character.

*If something contains Raiden it is near guaranteed that he will be near naked at some point in time, and the butt of (many) gay jokes.

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
Every brawler should join that site. They have a good venue, and apparently a connection to some radio thing that they can advertise on.
Come one come all, get connected
I just signed up on the site.

P.S. What is this about a tournament involving Bioware. Last time I checked, they made RPG's.

P.P.S. On the subject of MGS, I think this is probably the funniest thing to come out of MGS 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgDIWxgOYA&feature=channel_page (Contains Raiden*, and some spoilers.) I think the funniest thing about it is that the next MGS is starring Raiden as the main character.

*If something contains Raiden it is near guaranteed that he will be near naked at some point in time, and the butt of (many) gay jokes.
the thing with bioware is pretty much a project they are working on with the head of our site. we dont know what it is

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I just read that apparently Phoenix Wright was supposed to be playable in TvC, but do to issues with figuring out a moveset they couldn't put him in, but the director of TvC said that he still wants to make a fighting game that has Phoenix as a playable character.

P.S. Another reason that they did not put him in was because his main attack would be him shouting objection, and it would send out the world bubble, but seeing as in japanese he says "Igiari" they were worried about localization issues messing with the balance (ie; "Igiari" in Japanese is only four characters, while "Objection" is ten), but seeing as they are localizing TvC with five more characters added there might be a good chance that he could make it in.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
This whole edmonton gamers thing is sounding really skecky. how do they make a profit/stay in buissness hosting free tourneys with a free venue. It makes me assume 1 of two things.

1. Some evil corporation is in the backround providing money(like solaris said on their forums)

2. THe store will soon go out of buissness because it doesn't make any money.

Neither result is desirable.....

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Or, they make their money when they aren't holding tournaments. It costs money to use their stuff; they charge an hourly rate. This place is legit Fraser.

Sai_dk

Smash Rookie
This whole edmonton gamers thing is sounding really skecky. how do they make a profit/stay in buissness hosting free tourneys with a free venue. It makes me assume 1 of two things.

1. Some evil corporation is in the backround providing money(like solaris said on their forums)

2. THe store will soon go out of buissness because it doesn't make any money.

Neither result is desirable.....
They make quite a but of money from their computers. and their ddr cab. They've been in business for a few years now, they only now are doing tournaments for games

Or, they make their money when they aren't holding tournaments. It costs money to use their stuff; they charge an hourly rate. This place is legit Fraser.
Yup
They have a really nice LAN centre in there, 30 high end computers which you pay by the hour to use. I've been a occasional customer of theirs since they opened.
I go there for WoW because I'm a loser!
It's how newcomers get the word out. They don't know where the best place to post is so they just post everywhere.
Truth
oh nice I can participate in ddr and smash
I'll win ddr with my *** skills

Top Bottom