• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
cause u're just getting use to falco.

when u're use to both, its easy to switch in between, all u do is speed up or slow down ur tech lol.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
fox you have more freedom

falco you HAVE to go beat the **** out of people

you get a new haircut and are going to grind on every piece of *** that walks through that door: Falco
you study world religion and have an unbiased view on everything, but are also a penny ***** who sucks **** for coca cola: Fox

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Okay.. someone want to tell me what the MSN conversation was about?

I was away from my computer for like an hour and there's no way in hell I'm going to read all that text. Is something happening this weekend?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
SATURDAY & SUNDAY

A thousand apologies for being far later on announcing everything. Many things have come up personally, but I can assure each and every one of you? This is happening. Spin-Dash here with the official word.

The Brawlfest located in Spruce Grove at my place is STILL on for this weekend, as planned, people! And now, for everything you need to know. I understand Colin did me a favor and located times and routes for buses. I looked into it and discovered that the bus goes about a route in the city of Spruce Grove as well. I do hope that no one has to use a bus though to get here (if only for the fact I don't want anyone getting lost; hosting is one thing, everyone coming to a small town for a house, is another)

I cannot arrange personal rides on Saturday (and Sunday is my mother's day off of work, I'd prefer if she didn't have to be running errands all day. but that's another story)

Alright, I am, officially, rambling! So let's get down to business, shall we?

--

http://www.sprucegrove.org/Assets/Residents/5295_2454941_Park_and_ride1.pdf

This is where the bus goes to and from Edmonton, to my knowledge. Or at least, it's a stop. There is one that leaves Edmonton very early in the morning, I believe it was estimated 5:30 AM or so, and another in the afternoon at 3:00 PM or so. If I am wrong, Colin or those that are more observant then I am can direct you properly about bus routes.

http://www.sprucegrove.org/Assets/Residents/bus_route_197.pdf

Spruce Grove Bus Route

http://www.sprucegrove.org/Assets/Residents/bus_route_edmonton.pdf

Edmonton Bus Route.

Bus # 197

--

Okay, more importantly, Smash stuff and hosting.

City//Address - Spruce Grove // 3 Marmot Avenue

Use Google Map for further inquiries and directions on how to get there. It's very simplistic. If you need a landmark, the house is located right behind a public school called Millgrove.

Times

- Saturday - 10:00 AM to...an undisclosed end since this leads into Sunday
- Sunday - 10:00 AM (for those that are showing up on Sunday instead) until 7:00/8:00 PM (the only exceptions are a select couple or few that absolutely must spend the night and will leave Monday)

Games

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

. . .

If someone absolutely wants to, we can break out Melee or 64 (wink, wink, Dan, get your *** over here)

Food & Drink

- Soda/Munchies (Chips, Pretzels) will be covered by me, and there should be plenty for everyone, do not sweat! You are free to bring anything of your own. But whatever mess you make? You should clean up; if you don't, I won't hound you relentlessly about it. No big deal, but we're all respectful enough to just take out the trash when we're done, eh? I'll have some black garbage bags around for that reason in the basement.

- Pizza/Delivery - Regarding that? It's inevitable that hosting this would happen. Pizza Hut even has delicious pastas now with plenty for everyone! Chips and Pop are all free, but if you want pizza, I want you to chip in for it. I'll be covering the grand majority of it depending on how much is there, but I want people who are going to eat whatever is delivered to chip in $2/3/4 dollars. If you're epic and generous, $5; I will love you forever, long time. Trust me, you want that.

- Extras - Run out of a kind of pop? Want a snack? Well if you can stand the cold and enjoy a little walk, we can take a trip to the local 7-11 that is down the street. I can guide y'all there for some extras or for whatever you need. That and walking's awesome. Or we can all walk uptown (it's only 20 minutes or so) to the local Dairy Queen for Ice Cream or whatever! We'll see how we roll.

TV/Wii Set-Ups

- I have two televisions, but only one Wii. I'd like someone to bring a television or two. Get in contact with me via a PM or through my e-mail address or AIM which I'll slap up at the end of this.

- If there's 3 Televisions, I need 2 Wiis + 2 Brawl copies.

- If there's 4 Televisions, I need 3 Wiis + 3 Brawl copies.

- We COULD manage 5, but let's not get too crowded here; that and it's just a house event after all. Let's not get too crazy. If that's the case though, 4 Wiis + 4 Brawls.

Now for the important part. I'm sorry, this is RIDICULOUSLY long, but this is my first time hosting something, and I wanna do this right.

RULES

- The Basement is our domain. And that is where we should be at all times. The only reason you should be upstairs is to either come and leave, or use the bathroom. The basement's toilet is broken (you can use it for the sink though); that's all there is to it. THere's no real reason to be heading into my room either, but whatever.

- Respect Property - We have a Pool Table downstairs. We can play with it, but there are to NO plates or NO cups or cans on the table at all times. I've had parties where people carelessly sat or laid down on top of it or almost spilt drinks on it. The only thing that should be going on the pool table are balls. 'Nuff said. Also, no breaking or moving crap. You know the gist of it. I trust you guys.

- Late Night? Silent Night. When it begins getting late, I'm not expecting us all to whisper, but we should lower the volume on games and our own voices since my Mom and Sister need to sleep too. We can stay up as long as we want to, but keep that in mind, respect for my family and for neighbours too, you know?

- No Alcohol - We've got some minors amongst our epic Smashing group, and so? Sorry for the ones who are legal, but we won't be busting out some Jack Daniels or anything (liqour cabinet is OFF LIMITS). There's plenty of pop and water's limitless.

- If you're staying overnight on Saturday (and one or two people on Sunday), BRING A SLEEPING BAG. Or bring something to sleep on. Just a suggestion. I have some couches, but I can't guarantee everyone a spot somewhere super comfy. We're all sleeping in the basement. I can supply a couple or so pillows and blankets or so.

- MOST IMPORTANT RULE: If you are bringing a television or a Wii (controllers are a given), for the Wii and TV especially? MARK IT WITH YOUR NAME. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. We will know whose Wii or TV belongs to who if they somehow get lost or go missing and I find it later. Or we don't know whose is whose. If you don't mark it yourself, then I will. The last thing we want is a buzzkill to the party because someone lost their Wii and Brawl.

- no johns

--

I apologize for the the length of this info, but I'm hoping to bring Brawl back in a big way. And this is only the beginning. Let's have a good time, and I hope to see you all out here! I'd leave my telephone number, but you can contact me personally if you need it.

Your mothers or fathers or whoever needs to talk to me or my mother or whomever, are free to do so anytime. This is a public forum so #'s aren't the best of ideas. That being said! I'll leave with a quick note. Contact info.

MSN - spin.dash@hotmail.com

AIM - hikari to yamii

The MSN is my e-mail address as well if you have to contact me ASAP. I'd recommend you do it, like, uh, NOW? So that I can give you my number in case you have further questions/concerns. Or just PM me over Smashboards.

We'll have a cap of people coming, but I'm sure there won't be a massive swarm in the first place. That's all I have to say. Thank you so much for your patience, and for those that can make it? Let's make this a hell of a weekend to remember! WOO!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
wow wtf.

its like a tourney. where only 4 people are going to go.

so... who wants to play melee on sunday? im not free on sat.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
wow wtf.

its like a tourney. where only 4 people are going to go.

so... who wants to play melee on sunday? im not free on sat.
I'm trying to arrange something for Sunday at my place.

Hopefully I'll be able to drag my tv into the basement and we can play there. Carl and I are both attending night classes starting in the next few days. 4 nights a week, 6:30 - 9:30, so smash time might be a bit scarce.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to arrange something for Sunday at my place.

Hopefully I'll be able to drag my tv into the basement and we can play there. Carl and I are both attending night classes starting in the next few days. 4 nights a week, 6:30 - 9:30, so smash time might be a bit scarce.
If you don't mind me asking, could I inquire as to which ones?

Levi5

Smash Ace
LOLOLOL +1 postcount. Brought to you by the help of ShiroDK??!?

You won't need to drag yourself out of bed to go to class! Good call.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
A note for Spindash's thingy: It doesn't appear that regular ETS passes are valid on the 197.

I'd like to go, but I'd have to bus and the times are terrible :(

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Spin-dash, you must have misinterpreted something I said because I didn't say I'd research the relevant bus route. If I can make it I probably won't be coming by bus.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Spin-dash, you must have misinterpreted something I said because I didn't say I'd research the relevant bus route. If I can make it I probably won't be coming by bus.
I could have sworn that someone said that they already looked into the routes for me...

Sorry, man. I must have had names mixed up. Doesn't matter. In anycase, not by bus = better, because that means you can come directly to the house.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
yes. do it.

host one joel.

we can practice teams.
I'll definitely try. I'm gonna have to kiss a lot of ***, haha.

I'm going to try and bring the TV into the basement. That way there's no mother/sister to get in the way of HARDCORE GAMERS like us.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
I have three televisions, actually. I just found that out.

So all I need is either two Wiis + two Brawls, or three Wiis + Three Brawls, and one extra TV.

Luke is offering a Wii + Brawl combo for one of the set-ups, so all we need is either one more Wii and one more Brawl, or two of each.

And whoever brings one more TV gets extra ♥s

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Spin Dash, I'll try to make it out to your house on Sunday but I just need a ride there and back (I'll talk to my mom first).

Btw, what buildings are close to Marmot ave? I'll be able to find it easier if I have something to go by xD

And I could possibly bring a TV, but it depends on how much you'll need one =D

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Millgrove School, that's the best landmark you can go by. Google Map it complimented by the Millgrove School I just gave you.

3's a good number that I already have, but if we could get 4? You'd be made of complete and total awesome. If you bring the TV, could you bring a Wii + Brawl set-up as well? That'd be greatly appreciated.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hosting for sunday right joel?

CARL AND MATT MUST COME

joel+tyson vs carl+matt

get owned

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Millgrove School, that's the best landmark you can go by. Google Map it complimented by the Millgrove School I just gave you.

3's a good number that I already have, but if we could get 4? You'd be made of complete and total awesome. If you bring the TV, could you bring a Wii + Brawl set-up as well? That'd be greatly appreciated.
Lucky for you I am made of awesome xD
And I could possibly bring a Wii and brawl, but I hate carrying around game consoles. That and it would be too much to carry xD
If I had my own car I'd bring it all, but I think I'll stick with bringing one or the other, assuming I can make it out to your house of course cause it's not a for sure thing D=

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Okay! Here's the situation now.

Spin-Dash - 3 Televisions + 1 Wii/Brawl
Alphicans - 1 Wii/Brawl
KillL0ck - 1 Wii/Brawl

The numbers are even'd up now.

Yoshara, Samusbrawler! This is where you two come in. If you both can make it, one of you can bring a Wii/Brawl combo and the other brings the television. We would have 4 set-ups. More then enough.

Can you guys do that for me?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yes, yes I can =D
But I'll feel bad if I don't make it out xD
I'll do my best! I want to play offline for a change...

Oh and I'll bring..... which ever one Yoshara doesn't bring I guess

Top Bottom