• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just so everyone knows, Brandon is still hosting brawl over the weekend, in case some of you people have forgotten and were interested. He said he'll post his info tonight, but I wanted to say this so anyone thinking of going to carl's as a compensation for not going to brandon's would realize that brandon is still hosting.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
spruce grove = gg distance and brawl = gg boring

well i wont get back into edmonton till 5:30pm on friday anyway so ya.

as for sunday, it sounds good :)

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Okay let's say you're playing Falco vs. Fox on FD.

When you're shine combo-ing Fox, is the waveshine (ie. either forwards or backwards) just guessing? Or is it based on pure reflex?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am not really sure actually. I think guessing, but is there enough time to look where he is going and then waveshine that way? I don't think that would be fast enough.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If anyone is hosting this long weekend lemme know. As long as Connor doesn't have any more dieing relatives, we could probably come. Brent is really eager to come. He's gotten a bit better. :3

Tyson651

Smash Lord
when u do the dair to waveshine, u can see how they DI the dair.

thats why higher level gameplays, they say dont DI the dair, and just DI the shine.

so in that case, yes its purely a guessing combo.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
you always have to guess their DI for combos. falco is probably the only character where you can cover up guesswork with techwork though.

For that situation you could even spot wavedash and have enough time to keep the combo going. That's how ridiculous falcos combos are.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Don't call it guessing, call it prediction.

It makes you sound like you're a better player :p

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I don't think I ever DI the dair. I just DI the shine. No matter which way you decide to DI the dair you're either going to be shined or jab -> something'd. utilt scares me.

Falco is awesome and even if he doesn't follow your DI properly there's like, 10 gabillion other things he can do to compensate for it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
funny how matt took the same char route i took when i first started

marth -> fox/falcon -> falco

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh god, more falcos. =(

I just when I was thinking about picking up Falcon again.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol.. to be a bit more accurate it was more like...

marth -> fox -> marth -> fox -> marth -> fox -> falcon -> fox/marth -> falco.

Yay.
Well that's boring. =(

I went from like

Peach/Samus -> Luigi -> Luigi/Ganondorf -> Ganondorf -> Falco -> GaW -> Falco/GaW-> Ganondorf -> Ganondorf/Fox -> Falcon/Fox -> Falcon -> Falcon/Marth -> Fox/Marth -> Fox/Falcon -> Fox/Ganondorf -> Fox-> Fox/Falcon

=D

I wanna try picking up DK too. LOL.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah but that match was actually boring to watch. The one I linked was actually pretty cool. I suggest watching all the matches posted by that guy, those are some really high quality brawl matches. I was thoroughly impressed.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Allan got better. His falcon has some bad habbits, but is on the way to being awesome. like some pretty funny ****. we double falcon teamed.

His samus got better, though he may not like to admit

Top Bottom