• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
get ***** over and over and over

and over

and over
ha ha..

thats basically what carl and shawn did to me like every weekend in 2006.

but it does help.. to a certain extent.

one problem is though, if u constantly get super *****, u just wont kno what to do cause u cant do anything. its mostly better to vs people around ur own skill level and occasionally vs higher skilled level people.

edit: and try vids. it helps to make u use certain strategies and develop them. then u build ur own style from that.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
if i give you tips and you dont get what im talking about theres no point giving tips :)

once you can see it you can see it

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I think that's the way to go, though. It leaves a lot of room for you to determine what you're doing wrong and fix it yourself.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think if you ever get the chance, watch reps of yourself getting tanked. Watching reps of yourself winning can help as well, but watching how you lose helps more I think. Seriously though, vids are like the best way, there is no way you can learn more just from playing.

Yes that's a strongly voiced opinion, but I really believe it to be true.

FastFox

BRoomer
I think if you ever get the chance, watch reps of yourself getting tanked. Watching reps of yourself winning can help as well, but watching how you lose helps more I think. Seriously though, vids are like the best way, there is no way you can learn more just from playing.

Yes that's a strongly voiced opinion, but I really believe it to be true.
By watching your videos over and over again, you may be able to get a better grasp on what you need to be doing in theory, however theory never really counts until it's applied in practice.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah, so you go to a smashfest on the weekend and try everything that you've learned, or want to try. You're still learning from the vids though, so it's not like that practice taught you it.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Playing a lot helps most imo, but reviewing how you play by watching a vid of yourself can really help you see your flaws, without you having to also focus on the match.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Well, when I'm bored and I want to practice, I just face level 1 computers(Melee, level 9 Brawl), then put everything into theory. lol.

But I can tell you now, facing people is much more fun and gives much more experience, it helps you adjust to constant changing events, which is absolutely vital in any smash game.

p.s: sup liberty

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Or you can go ghetto like me and use a digital camera, maybe with a vcr. yayuhz.

Speaking of which, where do you go for Capture cards? I tried london drugs, and I've been too lazy/busy/morejohns to look anywhere else.

FastFox

BRoomer
A capture card would probably run you $50.00-$70.00. I'm not too sure.

Either that or just spend like, $120.00 on a DVD recorder then record straight onto DVD's.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I think if you ever get the chance, watch reps of yourself getting tanked. Watching reps of yourself winning can help as well, but watching how you lose helps more I think.
This sounds like advice on how to pick up ladies at the club

FastFox

BRoomer

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
This thread is so hard to follow.

one day there's like 5 new pages every minute, others not a single post...

Oh and I can probably smash on the weekend. (prefer sunday if an option)

Top Bottom