• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

lilseph

Smash Ace
lol theres a good chance im not going to be on it because i didn't go to the tourny.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Apologies for the delay. I should have the Power Ranking finished by tonight. I'm busy with studying the menu for Boston Pizza and then I go in for training from 8-10 PM for this Tuesday.

Before and after that when I have time, I can work on it more. I have all the pictures I need and from there I'll finish this Power Ranking.

Thanks for your patience.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
kk first things first, **** YES! i finally made PR, now i gotta work to stay on and move up it

second, NICE images brandon, i especially love dan's and mike's but they all look freakin' sweet

third how'd the training thing at BP's go brandon? do you officially have the job?

MeSSi

Smash Ace
good stuff brandon... it looks really good. but i think u forgot to put down mine and kelvin's secondaries. im not complaining or anything but i dont want to be strictly known as just an MK main

im going to say that mike wong's picture looks the best tho

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wow, that image is amazing. I lol'd at Mike being a PT main on there, but his image does look really cool, so whatever. I'll let it slide this time.

I almost always miss the awesome images.
:cry:

:008:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ Everyone

Thank you guys so much. Oh, and twins, sorry guys about not putting your secondaries down. I didn't know what to do there since when I played you (Alvin) you told me you weren't using Snake. S'far as I know it was your only secondary before. And I didn't see much of Zelda from Kelvin. MK seems to be the char that pushes you guys along.

If you guys would like though, it's pretty easy to just add character heads to your ranks. Just lemme know which characters you want beside the MK reps.

Oh, and Jake? I've got a buncha cool pics for Yoshi too. If BC wants a PR, I could maybe make one for ya guys.

[EDIT]

Oh! And Mike! (Chaos), training went well. I call in on Friday to get my work schedule for next week. I have another training session next Tuesday, same time of 8-10 PM. Thanks for asking. I'm real excited. If I'm lucky, I may still be able to make it out to BC for Phoenix as well. Which has me very excited too.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
i think u misunderstood me brandon, i said that i wont use snake against sonic anymore. but i will still use snake. so if u could just add snake next to my name and zelda next to kelvin.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
image looks sick
but having dan as snake first is bull**** lol

me and jack are the only true snake mains in edmonton

:009:
Dan used mostly Snake at the tourney. So therefore, it's Snake repped first for him. He is a Snake main. y u mad about da b button? :p

And Alvin, sorry about the mix-up there. I'll be sure to add your characters right now. Once Luke comes home I'll give him the updated picture so he can post it up.

lilseph

Smash Ace
of course Dan is snake. I have really only seen him use MK against Luke, and Mark.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh, and Jake? I've got a buncha cool pics for Yoshi too. If BC wants a PR, I could maybe make one for ya guys.

[EDIT]

Oh! And Mike! (Chaos), training went well. I call in on Friday to get my work schedule for next week. I have another training session next Tuesday, same time of 8-10 PM. Thanks for asking. I'm real excited. If I'm lucky, I may still be able to make it out to BC for Phoenix as well. Which has me very excited too.
Thanks for the offer. We won't be needing a PR image for a little while anyway; at least not until after Phoenix 4, maybe later. It would be cool to see what you could come up with though. Hope you can make it out for that. =D

of course Dan is snake. I have really only seen him use MK against Luke, and Mark.
You're both wrong. Dan is obviously a Marth main. D=<

:008:

lilseph

Smash Ace
My complaints about the PR (mike requested :D)

Top 4 i agree with 100%, no problems there at all.

Jamie being 5th, if you look at how he does in tournys its pretty amazing, not to mention he beats a lot of the top players. But i just don't think he has gotten over the hill into the top 5 if you know what i'm saying. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player, i just think 5th might be a bit high, 6th seems better, maybe 7th, Jamie and Arsenal is a toss up for me.

T-Block 7th and Mark 8th... wtf? I understand why t-block is 7th (missed out on the last few tournys) and Mark being 8th (hasn't been doing good as of late and has almost quit brawl), but seriously? Lets say Luke and Dan are crew captains, Jack and Fiji will probablt be picked 1st and 2nd, after that it will probably be Mike or Mark (maybe Jamie cause he beasts in crews). It just seems weird to me that 3rd picked and 4th picked are 7th and 8th on the PR.

Thats really about it, Overall i agree with most of it. But it just seems i had a few more complaints about this PR than past ones.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Mark is definitely better than 8th, but how can that be proven? He lost to jamie twice, who was ranked 9th before. Don't think of the ranking as "skill" but more of "better tournament player."

Frio

Smash Champion
Jamie only beat me though and I`m just a inconsistent player. I don`t understand how that gets him 5th. Not to mention he got 9th last tourney and lost to arsenal and Brandon. Both of which are apparently under him.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
- Criteria -

- Tournament Placing: This is the most important one. Without good tournament placing, it does not matter how well you do in friendlies, you will not be on the list. When it comes down to it, tournaments bring the best (and the worst) out of people, and it also brings out all the important qualities of a player such as startegic play, good counter picking and so on. Along with tournament placing, it is also important to note consistent tournament placing. If, lets say, someone gets second one tournament, and then completely bombs and gets 9th the next tournament, chances are they will not be ranked based on the second place finish.
this for kyle

Frio

Smash Champion
4: Arsenal /
5: Fiji /
5: T-block / (OMG OMG! GUYS!!!! T-block defeated Alphicans in a $15 bo3 MM, w/ Japan Stage List!)
7: Kuraudo
7: Frio
9: Limee

Opps?

lilseph

Smash Ace
WOWOWOWO MARK, i was just about to post that. Anyways yah, Jamie "bombed" the last tourny and still got 5th on the PR.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
they do have a point and jamie lost to kelvin and brandonthat tournament yet is still above both of them, honestly i think kelvin and jamie should have been switched, no offense jamie

Frio

Smash Champion
July-Jamie Beat: Dim, me Brandon
Lost: Alvin, Luke

Aug- Jamie Beat: Keith, Brandon, Kyle, Me
Lost: Alvin Twice

September- Jamie Beat: Stephan and a Bye lol?
Lost: Brandon AND Kelvin

The only high ranked player he ever beat was me twice. He also beat Kelvin and Brandon but they just beat him in the most recent tourney. Not to mention Brandon wasn't even on the last PR. So he only beat 2 PR members; myself and Kelvin (And Kelvin just beat him).

Kelvin: 7th, 5th, 4th Avg Place 5.3
Jamie: 4th, 9th, 4th Avg Place 5.7

Don't skip me next time when you guys make a ******** PR.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Now you see what im saying, Jamie is a great player. Just not top 5 good.

Off topic a little, but to further state why i think Jamie isn't 5th, is that Jamie and I go even generally. He may win 55-60% of the time, but thats close enough, and the games are always close. IM NOT EVEN ON THE PR (not saying i should be), but he is going reletivly even with someone not even on the PR xD

Frio

Smash Champion
You can't give him excuses like that. That's like saying my loses to Jamie didn't count in August because I used DDD or used Bowser in pools in sep.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But who has kelvin beat? Other than his good preformance this time around, he hasn't shown that he's any better than Jamie. Infact, he lost to Mark, who lost to jamie in June. Arsenal has definitely shown he's good by beating Jack, but then he lost to him (close though). This PR looks pretty weird, but if you look at everyone it makes sense.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
jamie has more wins over kelvin ( i think its 3-2 for jamie in tourneys) and mark has more wins over kelvin, so yea i dono.

but... out of theses 3 i can only see kelvin and mark giving troubles to jack and dan.

this is a weird situation... ironically the 3 of them are like trapped in a game of RPS, since one trumps the other.

Top Bottom