• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I suppose, but I'll rank anyone from Alberta. Technically we have someone from fort sask, and spruce grove on here and potentially someone from stony plain. All basically suburbs of Edmonton, but still not officially Edmonton.

KillLock

Smash Lord
As long as you attend consistently I'd see no problem with you on the PR. One tournament doesn't hold much merit if you don't show to any more tournaments for the next 5 months, basically.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
tbh, i think it would be fun to see carl, mike and tyson play again. I agree with you brandon.

I want every brawl player playing melee too

maybe one day we'll make a really cheap/free tournament where everyone can play for fun and not worry about being bad at the game. Just playing with some friends.

I would like that.

We could even do 64 LOL
This, this, and this SO hard. The biggest reason why I don't attend Melee stuff as often is because I have to get a job soon. When I do that? I can afford to do more tourneys. I know, not the most legit john, but I'm gonna hit the Melee scene pretty hard again soon.

Totally would like to see the Melee scene rise again with Brawl players that can learn, and vice versa. I know that Stu was interested in playing again one time. S'pecially with how the game has evolved. I think we need a Bi-Smash event in the future. Maybe RPS hosts both Melee & Brawl? The one thing would be that if we host the games on seperate days, that's just going to lead to problems (by that, I mean no-shows and favoritism for one game)

In the end, it'd be stressful to run both at once though...so, tough call. We can't exactly force anyone though, so, s'a matter of choice in the end.

I can dream. It'd be cool to see some more people come back. XD

[EDIT]

Also, Icy. You gonna get owned boyo.

T-block

B2B TST
I said it to t3h Icy and I'll say it here - he'll have his work cut out for him to make top 5. I don't think he can do it =P

I wouldn't mind trying to host both games... thing is, I really want everyone to play both games, but I don't really want to force anyone to play if they don't want to. If there's enough cross-interest, I'll consider it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
We should host a free tournament where everyone plays everything. Kind of like a massive smashfest with our entire smash community, brawl and melee. Like, hold all differences aside and just play with people/friends.

I would really like that. ^__^

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The thing is, brawl is an acquired taste. You have to play it more than melee to like it just as much as melee. Lots of people won't like it at first, so they just don't play it. Kinda like wine =D.

Even if everything is free, no one will play brawl because they find it too painful to play.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tyson played a little bit at Pauls house the other week, and Carl, Alex and Levi played that weekend as well over at Levi's house. I've also played with Carl at his house before as well ^^

Like, for me at least, its fun playing brawl cause you're playing with your friends and stuff. Its not so much about the game itself. I think if we did a free tournament we might be able to get cross attendance. Maybe =p

Carl's Pit, Levi's Lucario, Alex's Ike, Tyson's Snake....it'll be like, so hilarious.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Tyson played a little bit at Pauls house the other week, and Carl, Alex and Levi played that weekend as well over at Levi's house. I've also played with Carl at his house before as well ^^

Like, for me at least, its fun playing brawl cause you're playing with your friends and stuff. Its not so much about the game itself. I think if we did a free tournament we might be able to get cross attendance. Maybe =p

Carl's Pit, Levi's Lucario, Alex's Ike, Tyson's Snake....it'll be like, so hilarious.
I'm down for that. Experimentally so, even.

I have an idea.

Hey Mike (Asian & White Mike both!), what do you guys say that the next RPS is a free event? Just for September to encourage this bi-smash event for everyone to have fun. See how everyone feels, you know? I know that people like Dan would be hard-pressed and be like, "No money? Gay."

But I think it's a good idea if we want to play somewhere that actually has a lot of room and can be run like a tourney. Or if people just manned up and the cost was reduced by $5.

Smaller entry fees for more events to compete in.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
we don't have to make the next monthly one of these, that way people don't lose out on a chance to make money. I could just book the room for a day that works for alot of ppl and get everyone to bring setups and we'd just play brawl/melee for like 12+ hours, doubles and singles, tournies and friendlies, and people could even still have money matches on either game

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i like the idea a lot. makes me feel better because its not like im handing money to dan/jack/luke/mark to have fun.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Maybe we could do that more often? So everyone get's to practice up in between tournaments basically and just have some fun.

Someone would have to bring a 64 and Goldeneye/Perfect Dark though, no Johns!

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Brawwwwwllll....

I'd attend. I dont even remember the last time i played Luke or Jack in Melee ;(!

Limeee

Smash Champion
doesn't he mod PT boards, he hardly plays PT anymore o.o

also, i didn't know you could only mod one specific thing lol

the more you learn

:009:

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
well t-block, japan and firefly would be out, would we still have dan at the top even though he hasn't attended the last 2 tournies? that leaves about 6 or 7 spots still and then can we fill in the other 3? Brandon should make it on there

so assuming we leave dan on it, that's 8 spots, im sure you could fit 2 more ppl on, or just leave it at top 8?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah I was thinking top 8 right after I posted that. Top 5 makes it too easy to make lol, half the fun is filling in the bottom 5 of this list. Who would be opposed to a top 8?

T-block

B2B TST
Top 8, and then leave Dan and me in for 10 ._.

We'll both be at the next one, and you probably still have a good idea of how good we are. My inactivity could drop me below Fiji and Arsenal.

lilseph

Smash Ace
No, keep it top 10. 8 is a weird number, 10 is better :)

I agree we should update after the september monthly, that sounds like a good time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mike and Dan just don't wanna suffer for not being around. lol

I bit the big one for not being around. You guys can too if we wanted to update too.

Doesn't matter to me though.

[EDIT]

Okay, I guess it does matter to me a little bit. But this is just my perspective and opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

We had some good upsets and matches happen. The constant 3-way ties between myself, Kyle, and Alvin, Alvin beating Jack, Jamie scoring 4th again even if we had a small attendance, etc.etc.

Also, the matches in Morrinville. Everyone that played together has close skill levels and Kelvin beating Jack there too was nice to see. I know some of you are gonna wanna throw this back in my face and say something amongst the lines of how some of these don't count or matter.

At this rate, anything amongst us counts because of how people like to show up or not. And at any rate, it makes things more interesting for us! It's better then sitting on our thumbs going, "Eehhh... We'll wait until next time I guess..." That's counter-productive and unmotivational for a scene that we want to make better and highly competitive.

Seriously, I was gone for how long? Not too long, and we waited THAT long to do updates to the PR? Let's not make this a common thing. I like seeing new updates. It makes things more productive, in my opinion. That being said, I do support a Top 8.

Until our scene gets larger again and more consistent 20+ players for Edmonton (which is decent even in the states for one city, like in San Antonio who gets 25+ people just from that city in Texas), a Top 8 seems fair and logical.

If we want a Top 8 in our Power Rankings, everyone better come back to these things or else they won't have a chance to make it back in the lower rankings.

Like I said, grain of salt. Easy enough to just say, "Nah we'll wait" or something. But I'd like to see way more updates. I'll even create the next PR graphic and base it off of something unique for us.

T-block

B2B TST
lol "bit the big one". It's just a PR ._. Leave me off if you want lol

Top 10 encourages some of the weaker/less consistent players. Kyle, Dim, Chaos, etc. can all compete for those last two spots. Once Dan and I come back, top 8 is going to be pretty static as far as who is on it goes imo.

Top Bottom