• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
lol that is awesome, i think a new list should wait until after next monthly, cuz really the only legitimate monthly we've had since the last update was this one

Alphicans

Smash Hero
lol that is awesome, i think a new list should wait until after next monthly, cuz really the only legitimate monthly we've had since the last update was this one
Thank-you! That's what I said, and then mark was all like "stand by your word blah blah blah..." so I just gave him control over the PR.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Thank-you! That's what I said, and then mark was all like "stand by your word blah blah blah..." so I just gave him control over the PR.
it's just been so long since the last update, but we need more than just 1 tournament to make an accurate PR, if we do one now, it'll just be for the sake of people wanting an updated PR right away

Frio

Smash Champion
We have Nov and Jan. Nov will be more of a player vs plater record though, rather than placing.

at least that's what luke wanted to do

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
nov was a no money tourney though, meaning some ppl may have sandbagged, a lot of those player vs player records aren't accurate

Frio

Smash Champion
你好!

To be honest, I was thinking about changing the PR into something fairly different. IMO I don't find the PR very helpful =/ The top 4-5 pretty much stays the same while the bottom 5 changes between 5-6 players. I was thinking we could do something like Victor's Canada award where people nominated each other for certain categories. We could maybe do this after every tournament and have categories like: Most improved, Best, unpredictable, ect. Then we can see who thinks who is the best at what and ask the best person for help =/ IDK just a thought.

再见!

EDIT: Chinese was to troll luke

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
same here I think that's a great idea.... it's weird seeing mark being serious though

we'd have to come up with a ton of categories though and I think people should only be able to be nominated for a single category, never multiple

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
*shudders* I unno, It's not a bad idea, but it might be hard to think of a proper list and actually attach it to people. In theory its great, but I can't imagine it working to well at the end of next tourney when were trying to assign these awards. Especially since attendance is so poor right now. But It could be worth a shot

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
.... what in the flying @#$%. lmao

I lol'd at the list. I kinda like the idea. But I think we still need a Power Ranking to keep in line with the rest of the community.

So what if the top 5 usually stay the same? Isn't that the case with most PRs that have consistent players??

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
I personally like the PR, sure the top 5 stay the same, but that just gives me the drive to try and do better, to take their spot. I know its difficult, near impossible, but that's what drives me in games,the competition, and the difficulty to beat out those guys

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i agree with ash, i choked SOOO hard this last tournament against Jamie, I should've won that match easily but made two terrible mistakes which ended up costing me the set.

I was frustrated after that but it's given me the drive to learn to play more consistently and aim to beat those better players.

also it SHOULD be a big deal when someone in the top 5 gets beaten or replaced. Does everyone remember how hype everything got when jamie ended up beating luke and jack? the top 5 are up there for a reason

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
yea brandon we never had too many matches, mostly just friendlies, although when we did they were always soooooo much fun!

careful though my falco seems to do better than my marth did, and after learning to play falco my marth has for some reason gotten a bit better as well, can't wait til ur back

KillLock

Smash Lord
i agree with ash, i choked SOOO hard this last tournament against Jamie, I should've won that match easily but made two terrible mistakes which ended up costing me the set.

I was frustrated after that but it's given me the drive to learn to play more consistently and aim to beat those better players.

also it SHOULD be a big deal when someone in the top 5 gets beaten or replaced. Does everyone remember how hype everything got when jamie ended up beating luke and jack? the top 5 are up there for a reason
that's key to improving

i approve.

Frio

Smash Champion
Top 5 has changed a lot =_= Mike use to be there, I use to be there. It changes, just not as much as bottom 5

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just gonna say, I am getting onto this sooner or later, and if the pokemon theme is around at that time... well I think you might be able to figure it out.

Limeee

Smash Champion
or we could have awards and PR lol

1.Dan
2.Jack
3.Luke
4. Alvin
5.Kelvin
6.mark
7. Me
8.Dim
9. Brandon (due to afk, still *****)