• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is that our actual update?

Why am I not at 10th or gone even?? Don't care what my excuse is, I haven't been around. Ash deserves to be above me until I come back and place and be active again.

Unless when I come back he beats me. Good on him if he does.

T-block

B2B TST
Let's not lose sight of what this is. It is not meant to function as motivation for activity. It is, first and foremost, an attempt to represent the relative "skill" of our players. Activity should only serve to give the benefit of a doubt to the more active player when making the more obscure calls.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Did ally and M2K really have an effect on this PR?
Yeah, they came down for an RPS tournament recently and stayed at Frio's house for the weekend. They apparently had a long discussion about the placements but this was their general consensus. M2K said he was pretty pleased that there weren't any Jigglypuffs on the list.

Frio

Smash Champion
wait how did i go down in this list? i did so much better

and why are brandon and mike wong still in

why is dim so low?

:/

:009:
I didnt agree with inactive people liek Mike being so high but i got out voted. You went lower because I did a little better and idk why mike is higher than u

Alphicans

Smash Hero
wait how did i go down in this list? i did so much better

and why are brandon and mike wong still in

why is dim so low?

:/

:009:
Mike did well that november monthly, showing he can go toe to toe with Alvin.
Mark beat kelvin twice, and kelvin beat you.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Jamie why wouldn't Brandon and Mike still be in? This isnt the "players who went to last two tourneys in Edmonton PR" this is the Alberta PR. If Mike Wong and Brandon were removed from this list due to 2 months of inactivity, I would look at this PR like it meant absolutely nothing. We know that Mike Wong and Brandon are still worthy of top 10. So taking them off due to inactivity would create a very inaccurate PR. Inactivity should factor in, but I don't think 2 months of inactivity is enough for us to assume they can't beat anyone on the top 10 anymore wouldn't you agree?
Me being low isn't quite a concern, I haven't beaten Brandon in tourney yet, and i haven't actually played Mike Wong in tourney, but I haven't beaten him either, and I've lost 2/3 tourney sets against you.
The PR was well done this time around, I'm glad you chose to keep the inactives in the PR Luke.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Y'all didn't have the chance to.

/inb4 assumptions that i don't know you guys are trollin~

7th or 6th or something? Maybe higher if I do good next monthly??? idk /shrug

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Ya the PR would pretty much stay the same. But there were some important things this tourney and in Calgary that could lead to a large impact in the PR depending on next tourneys results IMO.

Frio

Smash Champion
Luke and Kelvin should switch places cause if Kelvin beat Luke he can beat everyone in between :awesome:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I recall, tournament placings outside of Edmonton/Alberta are also factored in as well. Granted that was said a long time ago. I'm not saying for my sake, but it'd be interesting implimenting that in for the future. Say for example Mike Wong is the only one who goes to Genesis 2 out of us, pulls a massive upset/surprises EVERYWHERE and winds up breaking out of pools AND placing high in the main bracket.

Would be a shame to overlook that in terms of PR standards, even if it means it wasn't fair for the others who couldn't have the same chance to make such an impact. Take what I voice with a grain of salt, btw guys. XD I'm just thinking aloud. Maybe this could work somehow.

T-block

B2B TST
I have no qualms with considering WHOBO3. I think we should be careful for now though, since we are only starting to travel to these big tournaments, so although we can have a pretty good idea, we don't REALLY know that making it out of pools at WHOBO should get you placed higher than me, for example.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
some impacts that could change depending on next tourney's results are ash moving up, and jamie moving down. Those are the two that come to my mind first

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
some impacts that could change depending on next tourney's results are ash moving up, and jamie moving down. Those are the two that come to my mind first
Can't forget Mike W, hes doing pretty good, took out Mark in tourney. In Calgary didn't Brandon beat a lot of people in Bo3 pools. Me beating Brandon for the first time, in Calgary pools. Kelvin beating luke for the first time in tourney, And Jack, although it doesn't change anything, has sent Dan to the loser's bracket 3 tournaments in a row now. A lot of stuff has happened, not all of it will have huge impacts on the PR now per say, but if any of it stays consistent next tourney, there would be a lot of movement in the PR

Frio

Smash Champion
Omg, Mike was always good. He's just the ultimate troll and tells people he sucks. Then he does good andhe still says he's bad =_= I've always thought Mike should be 5th/6th on the PR

Top Bottom