• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Frio

Smash Champion
Kelvin beat Japan Man(PR), Jamie (PR), jack (if this counts idk) and Mike (PR). Three people from the past PR. And if you pull that "beat a person he beat another person" crap Kelvin beat Brandon who beat Jamie.

And what Alvin said. Kelvin gives more of a fight to higher players. He has beaten Jack, Beat luke in pools, close matches with me, beat Mike, ect. All Jamie has done is beat me and Kelvin but he lost to him recently.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Japanfox was 10th, so idk. Jamie beating you twice since you were 3rd ranked is actually a big deal, sorry. It's actually bigger than arsenal beating Jack (for the time). It's really hard to say who should go where, but everyone seemed to agree or at least did not disagree with the list. I even showed it to Dan.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
idk...

in MY opinion..

5. kelvin ( based on recent performance and consistency)
6. mark (kinda slumping but can still do damage)
7. jamie (gets wrecked by nado lol)
8. Mike wong (really good but wasnt here for a couple of tourneys plus i dont think he cares about his PR placement enough to fight about it)
9. brandon
10. mike H.

the current PR list is good and i can see why some people are where they are, but just my two cents. overall, if anyone has a problem with the current list then they should step up their game and place higher and beat the top guys at the next tournies to ensure a better PR placement, this way no one can object to the decision.

kelvin knows that he has to be consistent from now on so that no one can question who the 5th place belongs to. and this really applies to any one on the PR or anyone trying to get on.

yea mike this is good discussion.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
well next tourney im beating mike or brandon if i face them in bracket so that'll help me out

just wondering, do you ever look at pool placements/whos in pplz poolz, when doing the PR?

edit: also i agree with alvin's PR except switching mark and jamie

lilseph

Smash Ace
beating jack once > beating mark twice

No offense Mark, but the top 3 (Dan, Luke, Jack) are on a whole other level. Fiji is getting close to there but hes not yet. Beating anyone in the top 3 in a legit match is pretty big.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
**** straight it looks cooler. ^^b

Though if Melee wanted one, I'm sure I could come up with enough Sheik, Falco, Fox, Marth, whatevs pictures to make one that's sweet.

T-block

B2B TST
this for kyle
That quote should be reworded, because we really don't care about tournament placing. In a region where there are ~16 regulars with 10 of them making it onto the PR, the actual ordered results are not going to be nearly as significant. It is completely about who beat whom, and I can't speak for other "panelists", but I've made an effort to ensure that any PR discussion I'm in follows that.

July-Jamie Beat: Dim, me Brandon
Lost: Alvin, Luke

Aug- Jamie Beat: Keith, Brandon, Kyle, Me
Lost: Alvin Twice

September- Jamie Beat: Stephan and a Bye lol?
Lost: Brandon AND Kelvin

The only high ranked player he ever beat was me twice. He also beat Kelvin and Brandon but they just beat him in the most recent tourney. Not to mention Brandon wasn't even on the last PR. So he only beat 2 PR members; myself and Kelvin (And Kelvin just beat him).

Kelvin: 7th, 5th, 4th Avg Place 5.3
Jamie: 4th, 9th, 4th Avg Place 5.7

Don't skip me next time when you guys make a ******** PR.
Did you really just average tournament placings and expect it to hold any sort of weight? -_- Even if we were considering placing as a criterion, straight averaging like that means nothing. Now remember that we actually DON'T care about placings - if Kelvin places 9th but loses to Dan and then Luke that tells us nothing.

I may have won, but I only semi-count that victory due to winning the first match with a game of RPS.
I still can't believe you guys agreed to that lol (<3 you for it), but yeah, a win's a win.

8. Mike wong (really good but wasnt here for a couple of tourneys plus i dont think he cares about his PR placement enough to fight about it)
Being willing to fight over PR placement should never have anything to do with where someone is placed. That should be obvious... there's no way an accurate ranking can be reached if we consider things like that.

well next tourney im beating mike or brandon if i face them in bracket so that'll help me out
MM?

My goal is to *** this PR up as much as possible now.
So you're entering singles? ^_^

im guna dragonz combo my ***** way into this PR

looks cooler than melee PR
lol david <3

<hr />

All in all, the ranking looks fine. Arsenal over Jamie is probably more accurate, but isn't actually obvious enough to be definite in my opinion. I think people are undervaluing Jamie's wins over Mark, despite Mark's tendency to be more inconsistent than most. There's no doubt that Mark is a good player, and I felt he deserved the #3 spot he used to have, so we should count those wins respectively.

Frio

Smash Champion
Now remember that we actually DON'T care about placings - if Kelvin places 9th but loses to Dan and then Luke that tells us nothing.

Kelvin has only lost to myself, Alvin, Jack Dan and Luke. He only lost to the top 5 players. While Jamie has lost to Brandon and Kelvin in the most recent tournament. He never lost against some random non PR player unlike Jamie.

KillLock

Smash Lord
holy **** that PR is sexy as ***

ps.

dan's snake has sharingan :colorful:

also i think jamie should of been raiden

jus sayin

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This list is final. And that's that. We wait until the next monthly here in Alberta for a new change, while also taking into account BC and if we get a significant enough of a smashfest like the Morrinville one inbetween.

Jamie, you're 5th and you've earned the spot. Now make sure you can stay there or go higher. Don't play RPS against me. ;)

lilseph

Smash Ace
Nah, I fully believe in this list. You and Arsenal are interchangeable, but he's not easily over you.
Agred, Jamie your good, take all this criticism and use it as motivation to get even better than you already are. Who knows, you might even over throw fiji on the next update:laugh:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmfaoooo look at all that mk and snake

good **** luke for not being completely gay.

gaw♥

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
im not sure whats funnier.

all the mk and snakes

or the fact that maiko listed himself as a pt main

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
why does it say D in my picture

does it stand for dumb snake?

:009:
There's more to the picture. lol It said Solid Snake.

[EDIT]

Maiko. Support right here. I was the one who put the Pokémon Trainer. He does use both. Besides, we've known him as the epic Pokémon Trainer for so long anyway. That, and all the Diddy fanart/artwork I've got sucks and I'd need to find more stuff.

Top Bottom