• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I might be going to Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash IV!! . (What? Lousiana-Alabama interelations in smash? Blaphemous!)

The deciding factors?
-How many people are expected to go to this?
-Does anyone want to team with me? (I'm probably bringing a friend, but he really sucks, but I might team with him anyway. XD)
-Is the rest of Louisiana planning to go to CoT4 or HOBO14. (This is the main thing.)

So if anyone can answer the first two questions for me, I'd be greatly appreciative. : )

Edit: Oh yeah, and housing would be appreciated too. It'd just be me + 1 guy probably. :x

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
tuscaloosans (and alabamians in general) are notably flaky in terms of their attendance to tournaments.
TCS 1 had about 24 singles entrants
TCS 2 had 8 brawl teams, like 11 melee entrants and will and moogle scared away all the locals, so we didn't even do brawl singles
TCS 3 had 23 singles entrants

so. around 20-something if I advertise well enough is what I'd expect for singles
Even our melee tournaments only brought in about 36 at most

that's Alabama for ya :-D

ask duchock, anomaly, phantom, or munkus about housing

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey guys remember when I used to win money in brawl singles.

george are we teaming at TCS IV?

moogle its about time for you to **** a melee tournament again.
are moogle and coach teaming?
i wont be going to TO 4..i'm traveling to nawlins this weekend hoping to score with as many cajun breezies as possible

i dont know the plan but if there will be any smashing in bham friday afternoon, let me know

@ everyone 21 and up
i think bud light is my favorite beer. am i a n00b

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I can house nobody myself directly. Unless you like sleeping on the cold, hard, unforgiving dorm room ground. (Pro tip: You don't)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'll team with you, Sudai. Just because of the Eevee related avatar.

theONEjanitor, if competitiveness is the overriding criteria for how you select games, then you're in the wrong forum. I'm pretty sure there are games much much more competitive than smash, like Starcraft. Player with the most skill wins at that more consistently. Smash goes back and forth all the time. Actually skip that, you can get more competitive. Did you know they have arm-wrestling tournaments? The strongest guy wins, every time. You should look into those "true" competitions, if competitiveness is the only criteria for a good tournament-worthy game.

j00t

Smash Champion
A comparison between Starcraft and Smash? What?

Those are two completely different genres, dog.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
mabey T1J just likes smash? yaknow, thats why we're all here.
i like marvel vs. capcom and it has a super big scene in montgomery. but i like smash more...

ANYWAYYYS!!!!!!!

who wants to team with me at tuscaloosa tournament??!! if you need a partner hit me up!

PM me or something.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm just trying to challenge some absolutes i think T1J has thrown out. He's welcome to say he thinks competitiveness is a much heavier criteria than enjoyment, but i think calling it the only criterion goes against his actions.
If he likes the fighter genre better, it has to be for some reason, which is probably that it's fun. (if he thinks it develops him as a human being or something weird like that, that would work too actually)
Guitar Hero is pretty competitive too.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
It stinks cause there's all these good tournaments but I can't go beyond about Aurburn or Montomery from where I am. What a minute shaSLAM you live in Montgomery? That's awsome, we should get together and smash sometime.

nice1

Smash Lord

MEEEEEEEEEEEE
My location says GA
but if i drive 10 mins im in AL O_o
so do i get like dual citizenship?
and if so can i get a spot on the power rankings *im better than Nice1 i can tell u that much LOL*
CRANK DAT S.S. METAKNIGHT
SHEEETTTT you mine as well say u gonna be apart of AL. I heard theres gonna be a big flood this weekend i might see u comming down my street in a swim suit

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
you're actually going? =D

sweet, Moogle already said he could give me a ride, ask him if there is another spot.

and he does want to stay over-night.
they're going to. were you gonna have them over on friday?
there's no extra spot :(
maybe i can hitch off someone else going near birmingham.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only reason I dont play starcraft is because i've never owned the game.
and I never said or implied that "i only play games that are competitive"
and its silly to assume that smash is the only game i respect as a competitive game, or that this is the only gaming forum that I frequent

i said/implied "having a tournament for a game that's not competitive defeats the purpose of a tournament; and that competitiveness overrides fun in deciding what's suitable for a tournament"
what you play in your friendlies is completely up to you and whatever criteria you choose is as well.
What criteria leads to the most fair tournaments can be objectively found, and what it is in a nutshell is "competitiveness".

the person who played better does win in smash, as well in any and everything that's competitive.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
the only reason I dont play starcraft is because i've never owned the game.
and I never said or implied that "i only play games that are competitive"
and its silly to assume that smash is the only game i respect as a competitive game, or that this is the only gaming forum that I frequent

i said/implied "having a tournament for a game that's not competitive defeats the purpose of a tournament; and that competitiveness overrides fun in deciding what's suitable for a tournament"
what you play in your friendlies is completely up to you and whatever criteria you choose is as well.
What criteria leads to the most fair tournaments can be objectively found, and what it is in a nutshell is "competitiveness".

the person who played better does win in smash, as well in any and everything that's competitive.
How do you have 2k posts t1j? xD also good luck with those girls you were talking about a few posts back >.>

Will_

Smash Journeyman
DanGR or Alex, call me as soon as you can at 256-468-4595. I need directions to your neighborhood--I got a new phone and I lost all my numbers so I can't call you guys. -_-;

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i think i just misunderstood you the first time.

I think i'll call Daniel and tell him to call you. I'm not attending the tournament

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
It stinks cause there's all these good tournaments but I can't go beyond about Aurburn or Montomery from where I am. What a minute shaSLAM you live in Montgomery? That's awsome, we should get together and smash sometime.
holy ****. why am i just finding out about you?
yeah.
pm me.

Top Bottom