• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
I agree good sir
who all did u play in pools/brackets joot?
The noticeable people I played were Marty, Green Mario, LoZR, and Cheap Peach.

I also played Isu, this really angry Young Link player, and some random Falco player.

I only lost to LoZR and Marty. Marty is reeeeeeeealllllllly sick at Melee... wish I knew sooner. >_>;;

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
The noticeable people I played were Marty, Green Mario, and LoZR.

I played Isu, this really angry Young Link player, Cheap Peach, and some random Falco player.

I only lost to LoZR and Marty. Marty is reeeeeeeealllllllly sick at Melee... wish I knew sooner. >_>;;
good stuff on beating Green Mario then XD
and marty is no joke lol

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I played Kage and Bluezaft in brackets. Lost to both of them.

I should of went Fox against Kage but memories of Sensai prevented me from doing that.

I felt like I could beat Bluezaft but he CPed FoD. I should of banned it instead of Battlefield :p

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I played Kage and Bluezaft in brackets. Lost to both of them.

I should of went Fox against Kage but memories of Sensai prevented me from doing that.

I felt like I could beat Bluezaft but he CPed FoD. I should of banned it instead of Battlefield :p
haha sounds like how I should of Ban YS instead of BF vs Dark Sonic *he 3 stock me on YS >_<*
I had DarkSonic, Rasitlin, Tom, PB&J, Nelo, Dmac, and Nite *only lost to Nite and Dmac*
Then i got a bye and lost to Dop and Nite
I had too much fun though XD

j00t

Smash Champion
haha sounds like how I should of Ban YS instead of BF vs Dark Sonic *he 3 stock me on YS >_<*
I had DarkSonic, Rasitlin, Tom, PB&J, Nelo, Dmac, and Nite *only lost to Nite and Dmac*
Then i got a bye and lost to Dop and Nite
I had too much fun though XD
Yeah, the tournament was amazing. The best one I've been to.

The matches on the projector are the main contribution to this feeling, actually. NES n00b's match on the projector was my favorite.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you guys better start practicing hard. Will_ and George just get better and better don't let them leave you in the dust.
i'm ready to gay some ppl with snake though for real
everyone be afraid
Feb. 7
the return of the double kirbies

I need to learn diddy vs. peach. its weird how everyone hates fighting peach yet she still isn't represented very well in the tier list.
I think diddy might counter kirby
well online i do well against kirby's with diddy, better than snake.

i got 2 points for "replying to spam" a few months ago. this is why I tend to just stay in the Alabama Thread. It's like the mods blind spot.

i was reminiscing about when I used to have smashfests before I discovered the competitive scene. I mained Ness to begin with. [/funfact]
yeah peach a Zamus are my MOST feared charecters. wtf doesnt that "cheap peach" kid main both of them? im screwed if i face him lol.

and one day ill win...
lol i joined allisbrawl ladder. there is this kid everyone jokes on cuz his record is 3-68 or something. its kinda entertaining to chat sometimes on there.

lol if i said HALF the stuff i say in the alabama thread outside of it... i'd get reported everyday... i told this kid to sell crack to make money. REPORTED!
i was serious though...:confused:

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I've gotta think of a new in game name because I used to use Ref but then discovered that there was already an established guy with that name. Any ideas?

lol if i said HALF the stuff i say in the alabama thread outside of it... i'd get reported everyday... i told this kid to sell crack to make money. REPORTED!
i was serious though...:confused:
Nice!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i joined aib ladder a while ago, but I got dissapointed because about 45 percent on my wins were disputed.
i think I play really gay or something

people shouldn't pick gay counter picks. they lend themselves to gay play. some kid disputed me because he cp's jungle japes and I just camped the sides with rob and 3 stocked him.
and I get cp's luigi's a WHOLE LOT because people seem to think its a good snake counter pick. but holy god can snake camp there

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Why the hell would people people think that L's pad stops Snake from camping rofl.

I can't stand a camping ROB though. There are a lot of worse things in the game but man a camping ROB is certainly a top 10 of annoying.

But seriously, playing gay is a natural part of tournies. Gayness isn't broken, gayness should not be banned.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
and I get cp's luigi's a WHOLE LOT because people seem to think its a good snake counter pick. but holy god can snake camp there
oh **** I made that mistake at IC2 against HRnut's Snake. Never again man, never again.

And George, team with me if I find some way to get to IC3?. Team Superstar Dream Team?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
oh **** I made that mistake at IC2 against HRnut's Snake. Never again man, never again.

And George, team with me if I find some way to get to IC3?. Team Superstar Dream Team?
Sure thing.

****, I need to play. I think I'm falling into a slump.

And you can ban a stage on AiB, T1J. I always make a point to ban Luigi's Mansion even if the person doesn't seem like a ****.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i didn't know you could ban a stage.
i dont really mind luigi's anymore though because i just run away with snake
snake can destroy the stage easily too

i just want people to stop disputing me. I need to get a capture card

ill prolly start banning luigi's in teams though. but that will require me to learn how to play on norfair

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Norfair is a good stage, and the rest of Alabama already counterpicks it constantly. Learning to play it is essential.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah, i'm gonna try some new characters on norfair, i've tried kirby and diddy and it doesnt work for me (even though both of those characters are supposed to be good on norfair)
i'll try snake or
gw and try that planking bull**** out

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
hardly. i still have my Cube. Melee plays better on the Cube anyway. Wii's are worthless.

was any of TO4 recorded? (too lazy to search for the thread....oh, and my computer's dying again....)

Yes a good amount of vids were recorded @ TO4 Sleepy should have them up sometime by the end of this week

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any brawl videos online?
yes i do, but unfortunately, they're only wifi, and i will admit that i am quite noobish......but i have improved drastically since Vulcan.....
but have yet to upload a video due to moving/moving out/job related issues.......
but i seriously plan to enter the tuscaloosa tournament....and im thinking about training my new roommate to be my doubles partner (anyone wanna meet up for a few practice rounds)

but back to your original quiestion.....
i have videos under the names reimeii and glacial_palace

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
yes i do, but unfortunately, they're only wifi, and i will admit that i am quite noobish......but i have improved drastically since Vulcan.....
but have yet to upload a video due to moving/moving out/job related issues.......
but i seriously plan to enter the tuscaloosa tournament....and im thinking about training my new roommate to be my doubles partner (anyone wanna meet up for a few practice rounds)

but back to your original quiestion.....
i have videos under the names reimeii and glacial_palace
You claim you're great with Pikachu. I'm not saying you're not; I just want to see a video to compare.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I just wanted to compare, that's all. My only aspiration for brawl at this moment is to be the best pika player in Alabama. It'll take some work though.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
same here.....yay i have a rival
I took a look at some of your matches, but I know not to take wifi very seriously. It always lags a lot on me, and I'm sure it's the same with you. Sadly, the only matches I have on youtube are from back when I overused QAC and nair.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if anyone wants to record some online matches, I'm down :-D

also remeii i'm sure I can convince George to team with me to face you and your roomate online sometime
just let it be known that double kirbies is broken.

also PIKACHU DITTOS

althought my pikachu is pretty turrible. I play him like melee pika

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
if anyone wants to record some online matches, I'm down :-D

also remeii i'm sure I can convince George to team with me to face you and your roomate online sometime
just let it be known that double kirbies is broken.

also PIKACHU DITTOS

althought my pikachu is pretty turrible. I play him like melee pika

that would be great, but i wont have internet until sometime later this month, hopefully within the next couple of days (tax money is the Jesus light right now and im just waiting for it to shine through)

and the melee pika thing....i CAN NOT play melee and brawl as pikachu (i know why cheap peach got a new main now)

so i had to go back to mewtwo.......and im on a crusade to be a good mewtwo (i know id sooner successfully block a cannon ball with a sheet of paper but i think i have a chance)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've got about 50 replays on my Wii that aren't on the tube, and a good 20 of them are quite entertaining. I've got no way to get them on the net like I used to though. Who wants to help me out here? =D

And though I'm a bit late, Norfair > Mansion.

_Keno_

Smash Lord

Yes a good amount of vids were recorded @ TO4 Sleepy should have them up sometime by the end of this week
Sadly, I never had any of my matches recorded. =(
Moogle, you were an awesome team-mate, and j00t...you were awesome. :laugh: Hopefully we will all get a bit farther next time we go to a tourny.

Also, if anyone wants to brawl in/near B'ham, I would really appreciate some practice (maybe with recording :chuckle: )

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i only have a stupid 30 second clip of me on youtube lol

well i got beaten 10 times in on allisbrawl today.
i only played 10 times. i ****ing suck.

j00t

Smash Champion
Darnit Cheap, I left my controller at your place AGAIN.

Oh well, you can keep it. I just ordered a new shiny white one.

And hopefully I'll send it off to some guy and get the GnW logo sprayed on it :3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
can i have the extra controller.

i want to play some melee.
its been awhile.
i miss the real captain falcon

luigi's mansion is a terrible stage. Everytime anyone plays on it its proof that it should be banned but people continue to play on it.

mewtwo's easy. just spam b, dash dance camp and grab and d-tilt. and nair. and wavedash if you want to look cool. and moonwalk if you want to look extra cool.

i play melee pika almost exactly the same as brawl pika so it doesn't bother me. except I dash dance in melee and wavedash. and I qac in brawl all the time just because its fun
but I know what you mean. I have trouble playing some characters in melee. but usually i can get used to it. but i suck at melee so what am I talking about

Will_

Smash Journeyman
George, could you pick me up from the bham greyhound station if I took the bus there?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
wow our connection sure does suck a lil bit, no?

yeah that was pretty lame, you need to buy better interwebs

Top Bottom