• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i completely disagree with this blaspemy! Link has an arsenal of great kill moves other than dair: ftilt, uptilt, dsmash (his best imo), fsmash, his BOMBS (ya rly), UpB.

you just have to know how to use him, concerning DR and everything. I do think Link is way too low on that list. I think he's really good. I'm more confident with my Link than my Toon Link. i'm not saying that Link>TL, cuz he's not D:

And you should use Ike's UpB! it's really really hard for people to edgehog him, unless they time the invincibility frames they get upon grabbing the ledge, which i can do. right Kalm?:laugh:

it's also good for catching people off-guard in the air, next to the ledge, etc.

I do agree with you that Ike is too low on the list. I simply believe that there hasn't been someone who can shine through with him yet. Like Munkus said earlier, it'll be 2 or 3 years until an accurate tier list is created.

oh, and Link's recovery is pretty bad. i mean geez, why would they make his UpB worse? It's LINK for crying out loud!! it's not like he had a whole lot to begin with!
links f-tilt, f-smash, bombs, or up-b don't kill until very high percentages. you may be right about d-smash i'm not sure.

and my ike's up b gets gimped way more than forward b. maybe its just my playstyle or something.

Acid Burn

Smash Rookie
So I heard that there is this great games called Super Smash Bros. Melee. Dose anyone still play this great game? If so let me know b/c I would love to play it with you some time. It doesn't have the great and smooth online play that it newer counter part has. So you will have to drive to play it. I am sure it will be worth it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So I heard that there is this great games called Super Smash Bros. Melee. Dose anyone still play this great game? If so let me know b/c I would love to play it with you some time. It doesn't have the great and smooth online play that it newer counter part has. So you will have to drive to play it. I am sure it will be worth it.
I like your way of thinking and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

If you don't go to the GA tournament weekend after next, though, I take that back.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Oh shoot. That tournament is next weekend? I thought it was this weekend....

You all just might get to see me go all out.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure the tournament is this weekend. :O

EDIT: Somehow I was led to believe that I was living one week in the future and thought the tournament was this weekend. *sigh*

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Moogle and everyone else was saying it was this weekend when I was up there.

This has to be some sort of conspiracy.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Psh I've got my group of friends I have to do Myspace with. Besides that I archive my music and fiction work there.

And yeah I'll fight you anytime, I'm still (failing at) trying to rock with Toony.

moogle

Smash Ace
Mr. Kalm, wanna brawl? I see you online.

edit: Seems I missed you... another time, then.

edit again: to make this post worth it:

j00t

Smash Champion
Remember that Night at the Roxbury vid I showed you, Andy? That sig is it, pretty much. :p

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Sorry I missed ya Moogle, hope I get another chance soon. I finally got to fight Munkus, which aside from the absurd lag spikes that I found no reasoning for, was find and dandy. At least all the fights were fine and dandy as long as the fights didn't involve a Meta Knight being used. Elaborating, any other character I stood a great chance of winning or having a near loss, but with Meta Knight it was a situation of "wonder if I can get him down to his last life this time". So anyways, **** YOU META KNIGHT YOU PIECE OF ****!

And now that I've got that out of the way, I hope I can continue to fight a Meta Knight who knows what hes doing, so that I can one day find ways to counter him.
Seriously though, Meta Knight is garbage sauce covered in rotten [random word] paste.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I was hindered by lag more often than not when we were fighting. I don't know about you, but a lot of dodges didn't go through and a lot of attacks just didn't fire. That topped with the lagspikes made it almost unplayable, but I stayed through because I expected more of a challenge for my MK.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I actually felt the same way with a few shields, I dont normally just stand there and let opponents hit me without taking any action. I just stuck through it hoping it would go away, and it finally did right after I started fighting someone else and disconnected. When I get back on the Wi Fi everything was fine, so I guess the lag was either my fault or some odd server fart. That was my first time having the weird spikes, hope its the last time too.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
touche, ballz. touche.

EDIT: hai kalm. fight me. p.s.: no one uses myspace anymore except pr0n bots and pedobears.
it's true!! i just recently deleted my myspace account b/c all i ever get are friend requests from pr0n bots!!

i never did anything on that dumb site anyway. it's such a waste of time. Facebook is at least a useful waste of my time.

moogle

Smash Ace
Hey, I know I'm currently way up north from all of you, but I thought I'd start looking into this thread to see where most of everyone is and what not. And not to forget, I'll be moving to Alabama some time near the end of June. I will be moving into Huntsville area. So once I get moved in and such, I'd like to smash with you guys when I can get the chance. ^-^
(late reply) I snooped around a little, and I found some nice melee videos of you. I'll look forward to playing you.

p.s. did KSO teach you any ssb64? ;)

Hey all, I'm moving to Huntsville, AL at the end of the week. Any tournament communities around there?
Welcome. We have a group of at least 5 or 6 that gets together and plays melee/brawl about once a week at my apartment. A bunch of us are going to the big Georgia melee tourney the weekend after this one.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'm not sure why the Wifi is being gaylishous today Moogle, but if you'd like try joining my room. That fixes the problem sometimes.

Oh and I had fun messing around lol.

moogle

Smash Ace
I have a red or orange connection with the last 5 or so people I've tried to play online. :( Maybe I should invest in a wired adapter.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Have you port forwarded your wii to your router and all that good crap? Most people have connection problems because their router's firewall is slapping their wii around. The only other thing could be a bandwith problem, but thats much less likely.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I hate port forwarding. I'm soo not tech inclined, but I found that it was a lot easier just to make my Wii's IP address a DMZ, which was probably infinately easier than finding out which ports to open.

Oh, and Moogle, who is it that's driving to the GA tourny? I'd like to hitchhike... Atlanta traffic would crush me under it's poorly engineered weight.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Mr. Kalm, wanna brawl? I see you online.

edit: Seems I missed you... another time, then.

edit again: to make this post worth it:
Hehe ever since i say that vid joot showed us, i've shown like half my friends. We do this at work sometimes when we're bored at close. And this really should be someone's sig, i love it.

Welcome new comers to Huntsville. We have an active group of smashers here, and good to see the community growing even bigger.

I still don't have my Wii connected to the net >.< i really need to install that router.

Edit: Duchock, i had offered my car as en extra one to drive. But i'm not making a trip down to Birmingham, so you'd have to come this way to Huntsville first 0o. As far as driving goes and everything else like housing, it has yet to be planned. I tried to spark it up earlier but no one cared :p, do we need to look into hotels now? or are we staying at someone's house?

nice1

Smash Lord
ok guys i finally hav the results to that local tourney i'll post results later. i'm nly gonna post it in this thread since is was a small local tourney

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I am eighteen.

Cue many jokes pertaining to jailbait, I guess. It's the BEST KIND of bait.

nice1

Smash Lord
ok fellas heres the results to that tourney in millbrook

1: nice1
2: Sean
3: Mark
4: Seiji
5: Orlando
5: Asuka
7: Chas
7: Ref
9: Joe
9: W.
9: WOLF
9: Wolf
13: David
13: andrew
13: Dronepro
13: Desul
17: Saki
17: dre

ragnarock

Smash Lord
im gonna get a wirless router this week amd i was goona play online finally. I want to play you guys , but how do I go about doing that after i get the router

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ nice1=dope I should have came, but there was only one prize at this wasn't there? i was gonna say we could have split the pot :-P

@ raggy=follow the instructions on the router to get connected to the net, hook your wii up to the router, set up a connection using your wii's internet menu, test the connection, then just get some friend codes and give out yours (which you will get the first time you connect to brawl online)

Top Bottom