• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
okay, so i got a new cell phone b/c the one i had asploded. luckily it's still under warranty so i get the same model for free. one problem is that not all my saved contacts were saved to my SIM card, so i've lost a lot of numbers.

among those numbers are those of Sensai, J00t, saintrage, and moogle. if you guys would please either just call me or PM me your numbers, that would be great. such a pain in the arse.

this wouldn't be an issue if my buttons just stopped working o___o

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I'd like request a ride for Cheap and myself to the GA tourny coming up. Also, whats everyone's plans for Housing? Its a two day tourny, right??

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you know, that's a good question. I'm sure Prac and some others will host, but they'll get crowded quick.
i'm down to put in for a hotel.

moogle

Smash Ace
From the tournament thread:
Venue:
The Venue is going to be at a Gym provided by Carter *and his Aunt* and we have the venue throughout the entire weekend so housing and showers *yes showers* will be provided at the venue. Also Carter's aunt will have concession stands running as well so food will be provided as well, but i am not to sure what all she will be selling and the prices so ill update this portion later when i get more info.
There will be housing supposedly at the gym.... who knows if it's suitable for sleeping though. :p

how in the hell i find out my wii number
On the Wii main menu, click in the lower right to open up your messages. Then click on Create Message, then click Address Book, and it'll show your Wii number. It's 16 digits and it's different from your Brawl code.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So, Birminghamians, taking a look at this situation, it's highly unlikely we'll all make it to the Melee tournament all in one car. Poet, t1j, Anomaly, Cheap, Duchock, and myself, supposing that's everyone who is going from the area anyway. My car only seats four and gets some of the ****tiest gas mileage in the first place. So unless we have another person willing to drive, it seems unlikely all six of us could go, unless people are bribed to pick us up if they're going through Birmingham.

Oh, I definitely suggest taking a pillow or something. Gym floors are usually pretty hard.

nice1

Smash Lord
theonejanitor- yea it was one prize but sinc ei was leaving for ga that same weekend i went on ahead and went to it. they say they gonna try to do another but i told them how it should be run with a bigger pot and stuff i'lll let yall know in the future. If it was a bigger pot i hav no choice but to split with me Alabama *****s :)

saintrage- i used majority falco and snake the whole tourney then i used mk a few, wolf once, tl, once, and diddy once. i was beasting with the snake dash and using falcos cg to a dair spike on delfino plaza

and IF ANYONE WANNA KNOW HOWS THE HOUSING AT THE VENUE I'LL LET U NO LATER ON TODAY AFTER I FINISH SMASHING WITH THE ALPHA AND THE GUYS. ALSO IF I'M NOT MISTAKIN THE GYM WE SMASHING IN IS NOT BIGGER THEN THE GYM THEY USE AT FCD

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I like how none of you guys have the balls to stay awake on the ride back from Georgia ever. Good passengers make sure their driver doesn't pass out, although that's only been an issue a couple of times, and I've gotten better with making the trips.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Well, i certainly can't drive. anomaly and duchock have cars, but i dont know if they are willing to drive.

if it comes to it: Dibs on a seat :-D

I like how none of you guys have the balls to stay awake on the ride back from Georgia ever. Good passengers make sure their driver doesn't pass out, although that's only been an issue a couple of times, and I've gotten better with making the trips.
i didn't know you cared. i need to get a DS or something to keep myself awake

also george, how much money do you regularly spend on gas per month. someonei know is selling a vehicle similar to yours...but i may not bother because of big gas tanks and crappy gas mileage

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
theonejanitor- yea it was one prize but sinc ei was leaving for ga that same weekend i went on ahead and went to it. they say they gonna try to do another but i told them how it should be run with a bigger pot and stuff i'lll let yall know in the future. If it was a bigger pot i hav no choice but to split with me Alabama *****s :)
Yeah, yeah. You won, big wup. I shoulda at least been in 5th though, stupid Delfino Plaza. I wanna hold another one soon though, with better organizing this time.

coach

Smash Apprentice
^^ and a prize pool that doesnt completely **** it's playerbase and overly advantage the store.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Well if this tournament is anything like the house i stayed at before going to reflexes tourny, then most of us won't get much sleep. there will be to much smashing going on at night >.<

I'll probably end up sleeping in my car or something if its too noisy, and i'll make sure to bring sleeping gear as well. Its seems like there was something else i wanted t ask, but i forgot what it was... Oo

Edit: I remember now. Are we smashing tomorrow or sunday? because tomorrow really is the best day for me. which is best for you moogle?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Okay this is true, but is not necessary. Don't you think I know this by now? It was my first tourney so leave me alone and let it be!
Here's a hint to success dude: don't take **** personally and if someone calls out a mistake you made don't ***** about it.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Here's a hint to success dude: don't take **** personally and if someone calls out a mistake you made don't ***** about it.
:laugh: Actually I wasn't being serious. The only thing that kinda annoyed me was nice1 at the actually tournament cause he wouldn't leave me alone about the pot/prize situation. Oh and Majist I would love too but my Wii is currently not connected to Wifi so I can't right now. I will hit you up as soon as I get it reconnected though.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: Actually I wasn't being serious. The only thing that kinda annoyed me was nice1 at the actually tournament cause he wouldn't leave me alone about the pot/prize situation. Oh and Majist I would love too but my Wii is currently not connected to Wifi so I can't right now. I will hit you up as soon as I get it reconnected though.
that's cool. i got your PM and have you added on AIM, whee.

i'm gonna go chill at Rob's for a while, so i won't be getting online until later tonight. If you're still around, i'll fight you Kalm.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
just charge 10 dollars for the pot and 5 for the venue. thats what almost every one does and people are willing to pay. its easy

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm here, and with a messed-up copy of Brawl.

No Link, no Bowser, no Kirby, no Ike. They make my game freeze.

That aside, does anyone still want to play me online? >_<

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hey guys, it's likely that the gaming center I work at will be having a smash tourney in July (date pending, probably the 5th). It'll be Brawl because that attracts more people since it's the new game. I'll basically be the one organizing the whole thing. I can't even really guarantee teams and singles at the same tournament right now; I'll have to run that one by them. Once more stuff is figured out, I'll give you guys an update.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
cool.

guys I think I main marth in melee again. He's like, the best character. Although I still prefer roy against fast fallers and heavy characters. and i'll play fox sometimes in tourneys. and IC's against JWT :-P
i also want to get good with falco and captain falcon and link.

nice1

Smash Lord
o hold the phone ref don't com at me with that bs about that pot size ****. Yea it was ya first tourney but it's wouldn't kill to search forums about tournies and how to control the pot. So you fail at using the search function. Yea maybe more people would have com if the pot was bigger and if we started before 4. If i wasn't there ya tourney would hav flopped big time. cuz you got tha **** seperated by skill level. you placed your self lvl 9 along with me and others. What did you place in the tourney? So before you com on the forums talking **** bout me do some searching about how to run a tourney. Maybe you can run one by ya self next time and get a big attendance like my crew in ga. You wonder y alot of people ain't show up. look at the prize $50 com on now thats gas money for people comming out there. but yea i did get on u about the pot cuz u Bltchin about u want more people. it's good other al people didn't com cuz trust me you wouldn't hav placed liked you did. But it was fun ****** ya trash *** and ya friends in brawl. maybe you'll get on my level and take a game off me but maybe not peace

j00t

Smash Champion
o hold the phone ref don't com at me with that bs about that pot size ****. Yea it was ya first tourney but it's wouldn't kill to search forums about tournies and how to control the pot. So you fail at using the search function. Yea maybe more people would have com if the pot was bigger and if we started before 4. If i wasn't there ya tourney would hav flopped big time. cuz you got tha **** seperated by skill level. you placed your self lvl 9 along with me and others. What did you place in the tourney? So before you com on the forums talking **** bout me do some searching about how to run a tourney. Maybe you can run one by ya self next time and get a big attendance like my crew in ga. You wonder y alot of people ain't show up. look at the prize $50 com on now thats gas money for people comming out there. but yea i did get on u about the pot cuz u Bltchin about u want more people. it's good other al people didn't com cuz trust me you wouldn't hav placed liked you did. But it was fun ****** ya trash *** and ya friends in brawl. maybe you'll get on my level and take a game off me but maybe not peace
...Wow. Completely necessary. /sarcasm >_>;

nice1

Smash Lord
Two words: Spell Checker
so how bout a few words for you MM at the GA tourney next week. I would use "Spell Check" but the part you quoted the words are spelled right, maybe you can't read. either that or you can't come out the house and travel to big tournies to play more smashers which one is it?

Top Bottom