• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
^^^

Thanks, haha.

And it's not that I'm NOT looking forward to Bham, it's just that I'm gonna miss Huntsville.

Speaking of my move to the Ham...I'm living in a basement, so we can probably do Smashfests at my house. :-)
Coollllllllll

j00t

Smash Champion
Man Sensai, i'm really gonna miss you. We have to play a lot more TF2 together. :<

But it's not like you can't drive up here with the rest of the bham people to play with us! :D

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah. And on top of that, if Coach and Moogle will have us, me and Bloshi intend on driving down quite a bit more next year.

Sewanee gets boring when it's just us two to play Smash....so, we'll visit.

Anyways! I leave tomorrow for Honduras and won't be here for a good week and a half (til Sunday the 15th or so). So, if you never hear from me again, that's what happened.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
when exactly are you moving to the Big Ham? (that's what b-ham really stands for;))

hopefully not soon cuz i've only been in your awesome manly melee-ganon presence ONCE this summer!! D:

it doesn't matter. i could have seen you a hundred times already and it still would not be enough:cry:

EDIT: holy geez you have a lot of posts

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Well to bad I won't be able to make it. Because I be glad to so you what i made of. But make it on a better day so i could come buddy.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I have a lot of posts. I'm pretty sure that when I discovered this site and competitive Smash, all I did was sit on my computer and ramble on and on about nothing.

And I'm moving sometime soon. Probably the 20th, give or take.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I have been bamboozled into going to GA.

I will bring a DS and grumble while people play melee.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Bamboozled Celtic Guardian!!

I feel the same way too, I spent so long and so much time on melee I'm pretty much sick of it. I need a lot more time to get to where I can actually enjoy it again.

Time to rant elsewhere, and eventually have 4k posts myself!

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I played melee tonight and was so **** frustrated.

I never knew that there was a stun from releasing the shield where I couldn't do anything.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

I never knew that there was a stun from releasing the shield where I couldn't do anything.
That's why jumping out of shield, and certain character's Up+B out of shield is too good in Melee. In Brawl, it's just let down shield > Smash.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Yeah, it took me a while to get back used to that. I couldn't even shield grab properly for like a week.
Theres also a longer stun time after spot dodging and rolling too.

I had to get used to jc grabbing again too.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking a brawl set up. We can just sit in the corner and sulk it over.

OR. Tin Pin Slammer money matches anyone? I could get into that!

Edit: better idea. THIS!

j00t

Smash Champion
I think GnW's up+b out of shield is good too, what about you guys? But only on YS and BF and FoD. :p

I propose that Huntsville has a smashfest tomorrow, so we can practice for the tournament.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I propose that Birmingham has a smashfest tomorrow, so we can practice for the tournament.

Going to Huntsville for a big gathering would be nice, but that's too much gas in one week.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
And I'm moving sometime soon. Probably the 20th, give or take.
well then we need to smash many times:p
are you going to the GA tourney?? i can't remember. head hurts.
I have been bamboozled into going to GA.

I will bring a DS and grumble while people play melee.
i'll bring my DS as well. i have FF3 and EBA.... that's about it.
Bamboozled Celtic Guardian!!
omg <3 YuGiOh: abridged series
that's cuz you got ***** son.:grin:
I think GnW's up+b out of shield is good too, what about you guys? But only on YS and BF and FoD. :p

I propose that Huntsville has a smashfest tomorrow, so we can practice for the tournament.
seconded. i would be willing to have one tonight as well if anyone's up for it.

j00t

Smash Champion
well then we need to smash many times:p
are you going to the GA tourney?? i can't remember. head hurts.

i'll bring my DS as well. i have FF3 and EBA.... that's about it.

omg <3 YuGiOh: abridged series

that's cuz you got ***** son.:grin:

seconded. i would be willing to have one tonight as well if anyone's up for it.
Sensai's going to the Honduras today for a mission trip.

HURRAY! I REMEMBERED.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Well, I've moved to Mississippi so you can take me off your stupid Alabama smasher's list since I hate you all and hope to never see any of you again.

Haha, j/k. Guess I won't get to play live with many/all of you anymore, but maybe I'll catch some of you online sometime.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Well, I've moved to Mississippi so you can take me off your stupid Alabama smasher's list since I hate you all and hope to never see any of you again.

Haha, j/k. Guess I won't get to play live with many/all of you anymore, but maybe I'll catch some of you online sometime.
Where in MS? Maybe we can play sometime.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Play Iori in Brawl.
Sounds like a date.

You still gonna make it to some smashfests and AL tournies?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i can host for the bham smashfest if you guys feel like coming. I don't have a lot of room though, so if you guys are planning to have multiple set-ups I can't do it. I have one very large TV we can use though.

Majist

Smash Journeyman

NOOOOOOOO!! Midguy, you will be missed:( now we're gonna have to keep up in the WFC

dun dun DUNNNNNN

well, at least you'll be able to possibly play with 3GOD and NES n00b.

Top Bottom