• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

neonpheonix

Smash Rookie
Umm.. so I haven't shown my face here but once, and that was so I could be added to the list of players.

Since I'll probably be coming here a lot more now I'm just checking in my main has changed to MK, Marth, and Ness.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaving Friday, it seems. How many people are heading down and how many of them am I stickin' in my car? Just tell me where to pick you up! I'm flexible when I leave according to who I pick up. I'm here to please~. If you don't know where I live, I'm not telling you, stalker. I'll be located right on the edge of metro bham in a little hellhole called Mountain Brook.

I'm assuming everyone is housing at the gym the tourney is being held at as opposed to a smashfest on Friday? I don't suppose anyone else has planned this ahead any further than I have... More dire of a mistake is that I haven't even been watching the tourney thread :X

Oh, and I plan on returning Sunday night sometime after the tournament if everything starts to wind down. Although, if things go into the later hours, I won't trust myself to get out on the road and I'll just have to beg someone to let me crawl into a corner for a couple of hours.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well i can't leave until after 6, whoever i ride with.
i believe the venue is housing on friday. but that will be like a huge smashfest in and of itself i'm sure

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I need to move the hell out of Ozark, I'm out of the way for everything, even Arby's!

*pout*

And my job sucks, who wants to trade places?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
And my job sucks, who wants to trade places?
Oh. Why don't we talk about it. Talking always helps!

My job sucks, too. It's worse than being a bad job; it's a good job that I don't want to work. I can't say a bad thing about it other than I just really, really feel awkward every moment I work it. Since it's a very customer oriented position... Requires skills in personel representation, accounting and communications... Aww hell, I work counter at a fast food joint. To protect the innocent, I won't say which (keep yer trap shut if you know). Dealing with people is not my forte, especially if it's of an ephemeral nature.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I was planning on leaving the morning of, but if you guys want to go Friday night, I guess I could do that too. I imagine Poet is riding with me and Anomaly and Cheap are planning to stick together. However you guys want to split the rides up, I don't really care.

Thestlos

Smash Rookie
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « Caleb [Phenix City] » wsnake [sic], Marth

I hang out with Phil and Reflex, thats how I found this thread...

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
There's a million and a half complex ways we can do this, George; all depending on a variety of factors: relative location, time of departure, gender, gender preference, weight, height, ability to pitch in for gas, hats, no hats, guess who?.

But in short, I want what everyone else whats. Now's the time to pick favorites!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i was gonna ask what our travelling arrangements are, then i realized we can just discuss them when we smash at moogle's tonight.

if Munkus doesn't want to participate in the tournament, i don't have a teammate.

edit: good god, j00t, go to bed :p you were still awake an hour and a half after i got up for work, lol. i swear, kids these days...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I'm a cashier too, I'm good at it and the job isn't too terribly bad. I just don't get paid as much as I want, I used to work a lot higher paying jobs but I got fired from all of them because apparently I'm too worthless or psychotic to handle them.

Anyways, the bigger complaint is living in a town where nothing happens never ever. Everyone who plays Brawl down here sucks so bad they don't know how to do anything but get mad when I beat them with every character on the roster no matter who they use. I really do need to get some time off of work and find a way to drag my crap ride to the tourney scene...

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I did play Melee before Brawl, religously. It was the same situation and worse, I was untouchable in Melee and I barely even used techs to try and keep things interesting. I guess the locals here are just awful at everything.

I'll pick up Melee for a party's sake, but I haven't played it since Brawl came out. Mainly because I let someone borrow it when Brawl came out because they couldn't afford a Wii.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So aside from Iori, is there gonna be anyone else interested in brawl at the GA shindig?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So aside from Iori, is there gonna be anyone else interested in brawl at the GA shindig?
Memememe! I feel like I've gotten better since TCS1, but I haven't had many people to play. I'm also bringing taking a set up, so I'll have some sort of excuse to brawl-hog it.

Outlaw Gryphon

Smash Rookie
Anyways, the bigger complaint is living in a town where nothing happens never ever. Everyone who plays Brawl down here sucks so bad they don't know how to do anything but get mad when I beat them with every character on the roster no matter who they use. I really do need to get some time off of work and find a way to drag my crap ride to the tourney scene...
Not our fault you became that guy.

Yeah I did play Melee before Brawl, religously. It was the same situation and worse, I was untouchable in Melee and I barely even used techs to try and keep things interesting. I guess the locals here are just awful at everything.
Last time I burn anything for you -_-

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
rofl so sensative. Caleb is watching Abenoboshi right now btw.

Play some Mario Kart and get used to it so you can beat me with it, since we all know you're the "that guy" of Mario Kart. Owning all of them hundreds of different versions of them.

At any rate if I really thought you sucked I wouldn't keep you as an option for a teammate. I just wish someone in this county besides me actually practiced at this game on their own and played it at some time other than at MY house.

Ah well, guess I'll always just have to be "that jerk" no matter what.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
i'll actually be interested in bettering my G&W, since i've come to like him in brawl. But other than that i'll probably be playing melee for forever.

Moogle, are we all gonna meet up at your place tomorrow and leave our cars there? i don't think that the apartment people would like us taking up 4 visitors spots for the weekend, but i dunno.

Also Majist, you want to team with me? i'll need a teamate for the tourny, and i definitely don't want Joot :p he just tries to run into my attacks and get himself killed, along with attacking me and killing me sometimes too ^.^

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i'll actually be interested in bettering my G&W, since i've come to like him in brawl. But other than that i'll probably be playing melee for forever.

Moogle, are we all gonna meet up at your place tomorrow and leave our cars there? i don't think that the apartment people would like us taking up 4 visitors spots for the weekend, but i dunno.

Also Majist, you want to team with me? i'll need a teamate for the tourny, and i definitely don't want Joot :p he just tries to run into my attacks and get himself killed, along with attacking me and killing me sometimes too ^.^
I propose that Andy and J00t drive down to my (also will's) neighborhood and pick us up. That immediately takes two cars out of the parking lot, and doing this is en route to GA anyway. Eric, you could park your car in my driveway behind my car if you'd like. That would leave only one car in the visitor's parking lot.

Also, i'll consider teaming with you. I may not have enough money to participate in the tournament. -_- This is bill week for me, and i haven't been paid in three weeks since i got promoted. I don't get paid till the 15th! :O
Totally. I'm all over that.
well dang it. if Reflex is gonna play Brawl, then i guess i HAVE to now:laugh:

S

Spexy

----------------
Tournaments
----------------
June 7-8 - THE GREATEST MELEE TOURNEY EVER SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT - Riverdale, GA
June 21 - Waba Games Brawl Monthlies - Duluth, GA

------------
Player List
------------
1. I'm starting a fresh list for Alabama brawl people
2. Post or message me if you want to be added (or to have your info changed)
3. Give me suggestions to make this list look better

------------------
Huntsville Area
------------------
2835-9807-9459 « Afrotaki » Mario / Toon Link / Lucas / Wolf
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « coach » Melee teams
0946-1928-1474 « DanGR [Madison] » Olimar / GaW
3780-8738-6370 « Joot [Athens] » Wario / Pikachu / Sonic / GnW
1762-2440-3172 « Majist » Ike / Zelda / Marth / DK / Wario
0817-3440-8015 « moogle » Fox / Snake
0731-4443-1056 « Rigor_Mortis [Madison] » Bowser
1418-6373-3900 « Rob » Snake / Ness
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « saintrage » Dedede / Falco / Metaknight
3523-1702-0495 « Sensai » Snake
0731-4448-2275 « Solitaire [Madison] » Dedede
4768-7104-2327 « T4RN1SH [Florence] » Toon Link / Marth
--------------------
Birmingham Area
--------------------
2492-3835-6779 « ahrnygoose » "I need one?"
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « anomaly [Vestavia] » Zelda / DK
5327-0587-6747 « Crism [Centre] » Meta Knight
0903-2420-0085 « Dais [Childersburg] » Samus / Falco / Wario
5069-3692-4267 « Duchock [Jasper] » Ness
3609-0695-2056 « GeorgeTHPS » Kirby / Yoshi / DK
same FC as T1J « Loki » Marth / Ike / Pikachu
1203-8892-0008 « Midguy » Zelda / Wolf
2921-8841-7952 « mslano [Hoover] » Ike / R.O.B.
1805-1831-6412 « Poet [Hoover] » Marth / Kirby
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « ripman3 [Mountain Brook] » Pikachu / Olimar / Metaknight
2664-1788-3992 « SunriseW12 [Centre] » Falco / Weegee
2320-6032-9517 « theONEjanitor » Diddy / R.O.B. / Snake
2707-1472-1663 « Trey [Mountain Brook] » Pikachu
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « Wine [Pelham] » Lucas / Pikachu / Link(s) / G&W
--------------------
Tuscaloosa Area
--------------------
5284-1093-9817 « Deadlypudding » Snake / Wolf
0602-6065-7897 « Lupus012 » Luigi / Ness
4425-1152-6339 « munkus beaver » jiggs-with-a-sword
0130-1690-9865 « Quez256 » Metaknight / Dedede / Marth / Falco
4296-2640-3353 « sethisawesome89@aol.com » ???
1032-0940-6717 « The Executive » T. Link / Wario / G&W
2320-6032-9517 « theONEjanitor » Diddy / R.O.B. / Snake
----------------------
Montgomery Area
----------------------
0903-2642-9950 « ashark8doom [Auburn] » Wolf
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « CatCatCat [Auburn] » ???
2964-8261-5457 « crazy88 [Auburn] » Wolf
3652-0230-6397 « Edgecution » Fox / Falco / Samus
3566-1263-3760 « Geou » Mario / Toon Link
1805-1832-1870 « Kalm [Ozark] » Ike / DK / MK / Luigi / Falco
4983-4653-9825 « Kinsei_Kensei [Selma] » Fox / Falco / Lucario / Sonic / Pit / Zamus
3480-2261-7793 « nice1 [Selma] » Fox / Falco / Lucario / Marth / Toon Link / a lot more!
2492-4952-6237 « Phil [Phenix City] » R.O.B.
0473-7437-7885 « Reflex [Phenix City] » Wario / Ganondorf / Pokèmon Trainer
2793-0254-8315 « THS [Alexander City] » R.O.B. / Snake / C. Falcon
1590-4361-3818 « Z-Magic [Enterprise] » Game and Watch / Luigi / R.O.B. / Wario
--------------
Mobile Area
--------------
4768-7102-2312 « Danon [Lottie] » Bowser
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx « ragnarock » Luigi / Lucario / Toon Link
2750-1738-1856 « Shock » ???
5370-0077-3706 « tanisdourden » ???
With this many people playing melee. Why don't we have any tournaments.
MAKE SOME SOMEBODY .... PLEAZE :urg:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Should I opt to be on that list? Will I get to have my own little Ozark division where no one else is and I'm the best player there? =D

Spexy, read recent posts.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yo ragnarock, if I'm lucky, I might be moving back to Pensacola in a couple months. ^_^

Sensai

Smash Master
Hold on...has it been almost 24 hours since someone's posted something incredibly spammy. Or something AT ALL!?

/breaks silence from Honduras

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hold on...has it been almost 24 hours since someone's posted something incredibly spammy. Or something AT ALL!?

/breaks silence from Honduras

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr!
it's because we've all been in GA at the incredibly fun huge Melee tournament. fun fun fun

I took a stock off of M2K :-)

ok, he was sandbagging.

edit: oh snap. waba is having Melee monthlies now as well

Top Bottom