• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you know, i don't play lucario, i just realized that. I play every character except Sonic and lucario. i've never actualy had the pleasure of seeing a good lucario, so I look forward to your pokemans goodness reflex

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you know, i don't play lucario, i just realized that. I play every character except Sonic and lucario. i've never actualy had the pleasure of seeing a good lucario, so I look forward to your pokemans goodness reflex
Well, I messed around with him for an hour or so today, so I can't say that I'm a Lucario expert, but hopefully I'll get better. I'm not bad, though.

Either way, we should play online right now. >:0

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Lies and Slander, no it wasn't, etc.

Did I surprise you Majist when I busted out Sonic? (This is JDG from Kalms house)
y'know, i was really surprised. you're the first good sonic i've ever seen. and saying "good" and "sonic" in the same sentence is not something i'm yet accustomed to, as my nose is now bleeding.

you made me realize some things that sonic can do, and i'm gonna have to be wary of them. my poor DK. i'll bet my Ike or Zelda could have handled you better.

nevertheless, those were fun matches:)

Outlaw Gryphon

Smash Rookie
y'know, i was really surprised. you're the first good sonic i've ever seen. and saying "good" and "sonic" in the same sentence is not something i'm yet accustomed to, as my nose is now bleeding.

you made me realize some things that sonic can do, and i'm gonna have to be wary of them. my poor DK. i'll bet my Ike or Zelda could have handled you better.

Yeh, I have problems with sword wielders while playing as Sonic but those were some good games. Better then losing to Kalm again lol

I think I should just forget Snake and master some of my favorite least seen characters. Even though I like Snake as a character and not because hes top tier. It appears to me that since Snake is so high tier that everyone knows what he can do, making him harder for people like me to win with him.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else hosting tonight in Huntsville? Moogle had other plans pop up, so Kevin and I are either stranded or waiting til' tomorrow.

j00t

Smash Champion

What the crap, Majist. I thought I had a pretty decent Sonic. YEAH, YOUR DK SUCKS TOO. :<

I guess you meant to say "y'know, i was really surprised. you're the first good sonic i've ever seen that likes to play Brawl.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
*raises hand*

I threw my controller at the couch the other day when he wasted my Ike with his Fox thanks to the shine gimping.

I was very happy to his kill Fox with Ike today, I think I even got the replay lol. I'm actually trying to learn anti gimp methods now, I think I killed n00b trying to gimp Ike a couple times today.
Fox is God online due to button lag. You simply cannot escape his combos. So annoying.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
What the crap, Majist. I thought I had a pretty decent Sonic. YEAH, YOUR DK SUCKS TOO. :<

I guess you meant to say "y'know, i was really surprised. you're the first good sonic i've ever seen that likes to play Brawl.
MY BAD. EVERYONE, J00T PLAYS SONIC GOOD.

but no one cares anyways, cuz it's SONIC.

j00t

Smash Champion
MY BAD. EVERYONE, J00T PLAYS SONIC GOOD.

but no one cares anyways, cuz it's SONIC.
If that is your mentality then why would you even comment on someone's Sonic in the first place. You're such a jerk! *sobs*

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've decided to pick up Sonic seriously now. If anyone wants me to make them look stupid with him, please let me know.

nice1

Smash Lord
i got first and some other people lost to me :) lol i used snake, falco, wolf, toon link, diddy, and mk. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. o and i only lost one game throughout th whole tourney. YAAYYYYYYYY SELMA. it was a pretty fun tourney. the ref made a lil kid cry and i had to help run the tourney, i hate lil kids, and i beat 2 people who were very cocky.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
and i beat 2 people who were very cocky.
waha this make me want to be good at brawl, so i can beat local cocky scrubs with characters like IC >.<. Either way though grats on firstplace.

When i went to Majist's house, playing Will's MK with Pika renewed my vigor for the game. I wasn't severely *****, but i was beat. Plus my IC vs. your falcon and Luigi will, those were some good matches, i throughly enjoyed those.

I'll be seeing you all tomorrow around 8, and i hope to melee and Brawl tomorrow. T1j, me and you need to brawl abit tomorrow.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Moogle:

Add me to the Birmingham list (Don't take me off the Tuscaloosa one though)
and change my characters to just Diddy Kong, ROB, and Snake to fight Metaknight

also moogs since melee doesn't appear to be dying, you have to have to somehow incorporate the old melee stuff back into the first post rather than just a quote at the end.

Also, sometime during this summer (prolly late summer) , I plan to get an apt. in the Birmingham area.
At which point I will be glad to host weekly smashfests.

If Birmingham still wants to be lame and not get together after that, i give up.

on that note. anyone know any 2 bedroom apts for under 600 in an area where they don't shoot people that often.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Hey, I know I'm currently way up north from all of you, but I thought I'd start looking into this thread to see where most of everyone is and what not. And not to forget, I'll be moving to Alabama some time near the end of June. I will be moving into Huntsville area. So once I get moved in and such, I'd like to smash with you guys when I can get the chance. ^-^

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know I'm currently way up north from all of you, but I thought I'd start looking into this thread to see where most of everyone is and what not. And not to forget, I'll be moving to Alabama some time near the end of June. I will be moving into Huntsville area. So once I get moved in and such, I'd like to smash with you guys when I can get the chance. ^-^
What part of the huntsville area ?
Do you mean around the area or IN Huntsville ?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
on that note. anyone know any 2 bedroom apts for under 600 in an area where they don't shoot people that often.
Under $600? You'll be hard pressed to find one of those. I'd need a new job if I wanted to get myself into an apartment. I might just move up to Huntsville if things work out that way. Or maybe Connecticut. There's no telling at this point.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Under $600? You'll be hard pressed to find one of those. I'd need a new job if I wanted to get myself into an apartment. I might just move up to Huntsville if things work out that way. Or maybe Connecticut. There's no telling at this point.
I found a few, they're usually REALLY small and a bit tore up. But at this point I don't mind as long as the people in the community aren't criminals. and as long as I have power outlets :-P

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
add me to the birmingham (vestavia) list, moogle. also i main zelda and DK for brawl. i guess i need to go find my friend code too...

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Gosh. Now that makes me wish I played more than just one character. Silly me and my stubborn ways.

Top Bottom