• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my metaknight sucks guys! just make it legal so i and i alone can use him and MAYBE beat like 2 people with him or something lol. seriously its just ridiculous.

but yeah on a serious note, i am looking to pick up another game cuz of the banned situation and also cuz i have friends that are in SRK. does KoF13 have a scene? would that be worth my time? the game looks.... idk.... i just feel drawn to it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i really want to play in a project M tournament. i feel really confident playing this game for some reason. it just 'makes sense' unlike brawl

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah it's like that other game that makes sense ;)

shaslam kof13 has an okay scene, prob gonna be mostly playing online though

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i really want to play in a project M tournament. i feel really confident playing this game for some reason. it just 'makes sense' unlike brawl
If I hosted one in my area (as the main focus, with Melee and Brawl side tournaments), would you come?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah it's like that other game that makes sense ;)
yeah, and they took out a lot of the stupid stuff from that other game and made it not horribly unbalanced :)

If I hosted one in my area (as the main focus, with Melee and Brawl side tournaments), would you come?
if it didnt start too early and i had a ride, then yes

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Isaac wants to start monthlies back up in Birmingham. Apparently he's got a less hood venue now.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
shaslam kof13 has an okay scene, prob gonna be mostly playing online though
i read that the online is dumb and everyone plays it wrong online unless you can play mexico or brazil :/
and not to buy it if you're gonna end up playing it online. but who knows, everyone hates smash wifi and i am an avid fan of it.
Isaac wants to start monthlies back up in Birmingham. Apparently he's got a less hood venue now.
word. i need to hop on it though. its not like I've ever even played the game lol. its very input heavy too so yeah...
Every little bit helps.

I'd probably go if they made a good case for going.
well, they pretty much always have a better turnout than any of our smash tournaments (save a couple) in the last 3 years or so. lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
well, they pretty much always have a better turnout than any of our smash tournaments (save a couple) in the last 3 years or so. lol
The last time I went to one of their advertised events, the venue was closed and there was no tournament.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
The last time I went to one of their advertised events, the venue was closed and there was no tournament.
sorry about that :(

honestly, I'm kinda scared of that happening too, but my crutch is that i know at least 5 people so i have lots of other sources to go to about things. but yeah, they really do seem a lot more unorganized than smash as far as planning goes. I've noticed things just sort of.... happen...

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
Anyone play any melee in Auburn? Just moved here, and the withdrawals are setting in...

PM me

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
http://www.twitch.tv/volcanya/b/329009084

If you can stand it, this is me and my friend from a week one match for a round robin tournament testing a two man draft format for Yomi. Amatuer caster (if you couldn't tell) fro Mexico who is a good friend of mine, but a good chance to display the game.

Power through as many of the 6 games here as you can, I'm looking to catch people's interest. The end of the third game is hilarious and me being stupid, but it worked.

I love his initial reaction to the valuation trap in the first game.

SleepyK

yeah, and they took out a lot of the stupid stuff from that other game and made it not horribly unbalanced :)

if it didnt start too early and i had a ride, then yes
afaik aren't the old melee top tiers pretty much the same?
having played them i didn't notice any differences .-.

you still have to lcancel too

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
afaik aren't the old melee top tiers pretty much the same?
having played them i didn't notice any differences .-.
Sheik had her horribly stupid NTSC Melee D-Throw taken out, but, otherwise, the top tiers had their physics ported and their hitboxes to match as closely as possible.

P:M is supposed to be balanced around the top tiers in Melee, so that those players don't feel left out by nerfs. All the other characters are being worked to match the amount of threat they possess, so that everyone else doesn't just get pooped on by Shine and crazy mobility.

SleepyK

Sheik had her horribly stupid NTSC Melee D-Throw taken out, but, otherwise, the top tiers had their physics ported and their hitboxes to match as closely as possible.

P:M is supposed to be balanced around the top tiers in Melee, so that those players don't feel left out by nerfs. All the other characters are being worked to match the amount of threat they possess, so that everyone else doesn't just get pooped on by Shine and crazy mobility.
yep

pal sheik is balanced sheik

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
there's a few things that are different, spacies get combo'd even harder it seems like, fox up-throw-up-air is harder to connect with, peach's d-smash seems nerfed could just be me though.

i still think the top tiers are too good, because most of them aren't handicapped much, yet several other characters are. like, really, is bowser really any better than melee or brawl bowser lol?

but all in all, most of the characters seem at least 'playable' unlike melee, where about 90% of them weren't

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
there's a few things that are different, spacies get combo'd even harder it seems like, fox up-throw-up-air is harder to connect with, peach's d-smash seems nerfed could just be me though.

i still think the top tiers are too good, because most of them aren't handicapped much, yet several other characters are. like, really, is bowser really any better than melee or brawl bowser lol?

but all in all, most of the characters seem at least 'playable' unlike melee, where about 90% of them weren't
Characters are SIGNIFICANTLY better. Having heavy armor on crawl means that projectiles don't entirely invalidate Bowser like they did in Melee. Forward-B legitimately links into stuff on everyone instead of just fastfallers, and it does massive damage. A bunch of his moves got super armor, Up-B does damage like it does in Melee and can land from the air laglessly. Flame Breath isn't super-punishable and pops people up at the end.

As far as I know, Peach D-Smash is only nerfed in that it doesn't shake the screen and look incredibly violent anymore. Same with Fox U-Throw -> U-Air.

You probably just need to understand the other characters better to tell.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'll just have to see what people do with him. he's still slow as **** and that alone would seem to get him wrecked in any kind of offensive based game when there are people who are ten times faster than him that still kill more effectively than him lol. he's better obviously, but is he really not going to get wrecked by marths and sheiks anymore....weeeelll see

i dont really know much about the game thing its just speculation based on reading the forums and me ****ing around with the cpu and people who aren't good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I personally think he's going to be a very polarizing character, sort of like Brawl Dedede. He'll probably destroy characters who are all about getting in to combo and get destroyed by characters who try to outrange him. I imagine he beats Sheik in this game.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Then don't complain that keep our events low-key, because we have in fact invited you on several occasions. Everytime we have a smashfest, even when we make a big to-do about it on the boards, no one comes except for the people from said city's crew. I'm not going to keep pushing to get out of towners if no one is interested. Instead, they can ask about it on here like CoolWhip did, and they will get an answer.
Name searching is soooo legit...lol

I've been so busy, so i couldn't do anything smash related, that's why i can't go to tourneys now-a-days.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
pretty sure camondorf was talking to me.

kevbo how are we gonna get good at this game if neither of us know what we're doing tho?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
pretty sure camondorf was talking to me.

kevbo how are we gonna get good at this game if neither of us know what we're doing tho?
because we will both want to beat each other and we will figure out what we are doing wrong. also I assume we will discuss what's working and what isn't. tbh we already know a lot of what we do wrong, like i have a lot of bad habits that i just need to erase from my muscle memory and that can be done in a matter of weeks.

me, adam, and geo (mostly geo) got really decent when we all lived together even though we didnt have much practice against great players

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I hope thats how it works. i just don't know how it works exactly.

i feel like there's more to it than just beating someone. i feel like you if you're not playing with Luis (game knowledge, knows what each situation calls for) then you're basically just wasting your time/

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if you're in 'learning' mode you find new things and new ways to avoid punishment. I don't think this game is 'hard', it's just really weird and random and you have to figure it out.

i seriously think that fixing our bad habits that we know we have alone will get us higher tournament placings.

SleepyK

it's about motivation and drive

and being able to punish/correct mistakes

being able to watch other, better players and analyze videos is really important if you're trapped in a small group of folks.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
kevin can u PM me ur number again.
i went to a couple bars last night. last night was my first moving into BHAM. but, i won't be fully moved in until this weekend probably. but yeah, i don't have ur number anymore and I'm living like less than a block away from you lul

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what u got going on monday night janjan?

edit: actually ill just text u an see what ur up to when I'm bored instead of filling up posts here cuz thats what i asked for your number for lmao. but its too late cuz you can't delete posts on here so whatever. alabama thread needs more posts anyways.

im picking up lucario kind of. anyone wanna discuss that ish? like, every matchup feels the same with that *****. I'm never getting ilke, bodied.. he aint bad y'all..

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lucario never gets 3 stocked and can not be 3 stocked. B/c of his power fluctuation.

:phone:

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Lucario is definitely a solid character. Aurasphere is fantastic and if you can recover well with him it pays off with his damage boost at high %. I know when I play my brother with Lucario, I rarely get to high % because he edge guards me pretty damn easily.

BSL- are you going to AUSOM next weekend?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm going to try to make it. As long as homework doesn't get out of control, I should be able to.

Mobilesite doesn't show locations. Are you in Tuscaloosa?

Carpool?

:phone:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if you can get down to birmingham i have a place for you to stay + I'm driving from there.
its like 30 minutes south of you. it depends on if you have a car or not tho. ;/

****.... so y'all *****s gonna edgeguard me and do gay **** huh? well damn there went me playing this *****.
loljk, but yeah, people don't edge guard on wifi so i wouldn't know. i could see me getting gimped 3 times in a row then peacing. not my style. lmao.

Top Bottom