• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At the risk of people being dumb, it seems I have over 9000 posts now.

I must really like Smash Brothers.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure no ones gonna topple over with vegeta memes and mad face.jpgs at that remark if thats what you're worried about. maybe you meant to say at the risk of 'sounding' dumb?

kevin its like 5 hours away and metaknight is banned lmao. sounds like a fantastically horrible and boring time.
theres a tournament in marietta GA that i posted to Facebook. I'm planning on ATL in October for that and ATL in November for WABA. id have to find someone to ride w/ me to go to the one in Marietta though. its not looking too hot on attendance. its looking about the same as Mobile will turn out probably.

i mean, y'all can sit here and justify **** by saying that metaknight kills hype and attendance, but... you'd have to be using our monthly 6 man tournaments that no one has watched finals at since TCS2 as a reference point to "hype" and "attendance" to be able to do that. granted he hasn't been banned at all of our tournaments ever, but if anything theres been a steady decrease in attendance since he was banned. lol. but I'm not gonna blame one thing or the other its just whats been happening. people need new excuses to justify their saltiness though when their worst enemy

LOGICLOGICLOGICLOGICLOGIC

arrives. ;p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
27 people at the first tournament of Season 3. I'd say that's pretty good, and certainly an increase from the average.

It's hard to hype this game, MK or not.

Also, looks like we'll have some LA people coming to Mobile. Maybe it'll go well.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
in the case of LA people coming
i would maybe go if i was still living in montgomery and the drive was closer. ;p
idk, kevin come grind it out with me and convince me to go and ****.

idk I'm jus stoked for WABA. WABA's gonna be just grand tho, I'm imagining. :D

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
We're live from "Are You Ready for This"
twitch.tv/alabamasmashleague
make sure you follow @ALSmashLeague for updates on when events are happening.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Jape is used in a lot of plays to replace the word joke. There is some Shakespeare (or something) play that talks about "a cruel jape" that made the word semi-known.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
No, you were resentful even before MK got banned. You were resentful when Saint used to beat you or the times you didn't make it on the PR.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
1.) i was joking mostly about the PR thing. i knew that i was good enough to be on it though so i would troll and stuff and then look forward to actually proving myself. it was fun times from what i remember.
i was never serious except i remember attacking munkus around those times but i think those two are unrelated. lol attacking munkus was fun tho.

unless you're talking talking about a more recent PR in which i will say, yeah that PR was just ****ed up though. thats all i was saying. that PR was real screwy lol.

2.) i was salty that saint beat me yeah but bc i felt like he shouldn't have and i voiced my opinion. he continued to beat me and i continued to be salty until i was forced to give credit where credit is due. (me not knowing the MU; Saint not being the horrible of a player i thought he was)

so theres a difference between being salty and resentful.

3.) i am resentful about the COMPLETE mk ban in alabama. but also i was just saying i dont really care that i can't go to tournaments any more anyways cuz they were getting kind of lame, can't tell if its a result of y'all being lame or the tourneys were just getting that way.

so 4.) you're mostly wrong about your synapsis about me. granted, i do voice my opinion on here more than what is right to. it is inconsiderate at (most) of the time.

but lmao at munkus v slam days OH **** LIKE 20 PAGES filled up with flame wars and me threatening to irl beat his *** lmao.

MUAP

Smash Rookie
New

Hey everyone, I'm new to smashboard. I've been looking for some people to play with around the Tuscaloosa area. Anyone interested?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't yet, check out ABXY gaming group. They use to have a smash specific group that got together every now and then, but I dunno if they've been continuing with it. Otherwise, Ingulit is still down there I think... few others I'm sure.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Hey everyone, I'm new to smashboard. I've been looking for some people to play with around the Tuscaloosa area. Anyone interested?
Ingulit is MIA, iirc.

MUAP, are you a student at UA? Sort of a prerequisite of getting into the ABXY group.

:phone:

MUAP

Smash Rookie
Yea I'm a UA student.

I've also been looking at some of the videos I've seen from the Iron Brawls... Damn. How in the world do you guys get that good?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yea I'm a UA student.

I've also been looking at some of the videos I've seen from the Iron Brawls... Damn. How in the world do you guys get that good?
They play a bunch.

I'm bad too, so we can get better together. PM me your phone number.

Which dorm do you live in? I'm assuming you're a freshman. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MUAP

Smash Rookie
They play a bunch.
No kidding. My friends quit playing a while ago, so I've been whooping up on computers for some time now. I haven't played an actual person in a while.

I tried getting on the Wii wifi thing, but I couldn't find a soul to play with.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
No kidding. My friends quit playing a while ago, so I've been whooping up on computers for some time now. I haven't played an actual person in a while.

I tried getting on the Wii wifi thing, but I couldn't find a soul to play with.
Join aib (all is brawl) web-site, It's a wi-fi community.

:pow:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Join aib (all is brawl) web-site, It's a wi-fi community.

:pow:
yeah pretty much this. if you find me on there ill play you and tell you stuffs. but im hardly on anymore though cuz my mac doesn't load up the chatrooms ont he website very well or if it does it is all glitchy and stuff. :c

anyways yeah, wifi rules. do it man. i strongly suggest it.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I wish the Tuscaloosca players would move to Mobile, we need more Melee players. I had no clue Ryker moved so it pretty much just leaves Ragnarok and select few others.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luis won Retribution in Cincinatti! If I'm not mistaken he beat Shugo, MJG, and Zinoto to win the tournament.
Zinoto twice, Shugo twice (I was in Losers for Grand Finals), and Seagull Man twice.

I was 1-1 with MJG at this tournament.

Top Bottom