• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yep, this is the Alabama thread I'm used to.

Though while remembering the joys of this thread I totally remembered one thing.....What happened to the awesome gifs Moogle would put on the first post?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
like i've said I think its incredibly bizarre to base your entire enjoyment of a game (especially one with 30 characters) around one character. I wouldn't even bother playing a game, much less paying money to enter a tournament for a game that I didn't want to play 90% of the content.

if you knew in advance a tournament would be MK banned, you could pick up a character pretty easy. I don't buy the 'handicapped' thing. you're just being a brat. and catering to brats, much less BEING one, it not something i think is good for the community in the long run.
why would i play a game based around the characters i DONT want to play...

also im not saying I'm handicapped I'm saying i don't have interest in going to play a character i could care less about. sorry but its the truth i just wanna play metaknight believe it or not.

if I'm playing w/ other people and stuff then I'm down to experiment though i guess. ill just have to see when i smashfest

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
why would i play a game based around the characters i DONT want to play...

also im not saying I'm handicapped I'm saying i don't have interest in going to play a character i could care less about. sorry but its the truth i just wanna play metaknight believe it or not.

if I'm playing w/ other people and stuff then I'm down to experiment though i guess. ill just have to see when i smashfest
you shouldn't play a game if you don't like it lol. I dont even understand why you still play. but you also shouldn't yell about it to everyone every day or expect special favors either. not directed at you specifically but in general

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i want to play Yoshi and only yoshi.

but hes terrible and so am I.

Im better with other characters but i dont like playing them, its not
fun

I should quit.

but what if Yoshi was so good they had to ban him.

I'd quit too.

Its not so much being childish, its playing the character you like, why do you think low tier mains exist?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i never said i don't like it, in fact i said id rather be playing it as i think brawl has a lot of room for competitiveness and uniqueness compared to virtually... every other fighter.

I'm just not gonna bend to the commands of people because it makes them -feel good- to not see metaknight around. and thats all I'm feeling about the situation.

but yeah, i just only like metaknight for real. i don't want to be forced to do something i ultimately -dont want/feel like doing- because other people are telling me to. that'd just be dumb of me.

Bloodshot AC

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just moved into UA from Texas, and I'm in need of all new people to play with :( I brought my copies of melee, brawl, and Project M, as well as two controllers, but unfortunately i don't have a system or a car. Idk if there's a smash group for this school or not, but if any of y'all are here and want to play, please I'm dying without my smash fix.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
There's a club at UA called the ABYX club that plays video games including smash, the smashers themselves meetup outside the main club activities and play together at certain centers around campus. A carpool group to tournaments in AL and GA probably won't be too difficult to find.

They really only post in the facebook group (and not so much in this thread) so you'll need to get into that.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Oh wait it's ABXY, i got letters mixed up. But yeah, I think they met yesterday or today already? Once you join the group just ask on the wall if anyone wants to play and people will respond probably.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh there's a Facebook? I need that. Bloodshot, where do you live?

:phone:

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to UA. Former grad here.

I'll echo everything Cheap said. Hook up with ABXY. They're great folks, play video games and doesn't afraid of anything, etc.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Bloodshot, I'll add you to the group. What's your name on Facebook?

EDIT: If you don't want everyone to know your name, you can PM it to me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
word, we should play, I'll be a 30 minute drive from you in a couple weeks when i move.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Classes starting soon, right? They should have some sort of game night in a week or three. They do that every friday night from what I recall. Open to everyone. Go, socialize, etc. And make sure to find 'em at get on board day.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Next friday is ABXY game night.

Also just got accepted into the FB Group last night, so you should be in too, BAC

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my dad borrowed it without asking me then promptly lost it, as he is wont to do.

i'll buy you a new copy. i totally forgot that I still "had" it because.. i don't have it ;<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
my dad borrowed it without asking me then promptly lost it, as he is wont to do.

i'll buy you a new copy. i totally forgot that I still "had" it because.. i don't have it ;<
I appreciate it.

Did your dad find the concept interesting? Did he get through the book?

SleepyK

i think he would have found it very interesting

but he just took it and lost it in some other country

SleepyK

if you could message me your address i'll promptly order you a new copy @-@

SleepyK

ok sent
Amazon.com. Estimated delivery: Aug. 27, 2012 - Aug. 29, 2012

kismet2

Smash Ace
Slam, I recognized that we might lose some people if we went there. I made my choice on that a long time ago. I don't want to see you go, but I won't be changing. I can, and have been, trying to convince you to stay, but if you're going to be so antagonistic towards me trying to help, then why in the world am I supposed to care if you enjoy the game. I obviously do care to some degree, but you've got to work with me a little because I can only go so far before I get tired of it and don't care at all anymore.

Yep. I'd try and host successfully in my area, reach to other places and try and see what I could make happen that was MK banned, but I'd be done if the local scene was MK Legal and I had no alternative.

You'd be one MK. Kismet would be another. DRN would play MK in at least some situations. Over time, I don't doubt that multiple other players would get frustrated and trade-up (I did originally) if they didn't do it immediately. Especially players on the lower end of the spectrum who would see an immediate improvement because of how good MK is at beating bad players without much effort. Any large event we host would bring in more MK players. But past that, the only rule sets that can contain MK sacrifice a lot of stages and I love stags. If I had my way, Norfair would be legal. It would take a lot of why I love the game out and it then it is no longer worth my while to sink that much time into the game as I would be having more fun sinking it into Persona 4 Arena or League.
i don't main mk anymore lol i'd only use him in teams and maybe for ics

Top Bottom