• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm not sure why everyone is saying smash 4 will suck

smash is dubiously competitive, but none of the games "suck". the smash bros. series is one of the crowning achievements in gaming history

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Already spent monies on Kamicon, plus i finally actually quit brawl (except at local tournies where its free money).

I hope the announcement of Evo doesnt kill the huntsville tournament tooo bad in terms of P:M.... seems like it has been so far =(

Still going regardless though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm not too invested in brawl atm, but i've had a little fun with it lately. it got really frustrating for a while, i got into a big rut, and I actually think I got worse at the game that I used to be
but mainly
i'm hoping PM catches on in a big way, its looking to be the smash game we all deserve.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
did ausum already happen?
is meta knight still legal for that tournament? if it happens next weekend im down but mostly im down if metaknight is legal. maybe I could go and bring kevin and play PM, otherwise.
I hope PM catches on solely because of the positive morale I see people have behind it. I haven't even played it yet but compared to brawl's general reception, it can't help but seem refreshing.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
"Congratulations, Ausum you just graduated from the kiddie table, but you just bit off more than you can chew. Alabama has been playing little league with their little insults and their bans and their exaggerated talk of bottlenecking 'competition' and their useless 'character viability'. AND IM IN THE BIG LEAGUE AND IM SWINGING FOR THE FENCE. You need to understand that your little bans and your preferences, it's all kiddie games. You're just too aggressive and impatient to leave a mark on meta knight's face! Come Ausum, understand.. when you step in that place, that your arms are just too short to box with God!!!"

GIT HYYYYPPPPPEEEE *****ESSSS ;/

( bleh that may have been in bad taste but it was just a really awesome wrestling promo by a heel character and i just couldnt help but tweak it and apply it to my own heel persona on here. i mean no harm by it. mostly, im just a big fan of wrestling p: my meta kngiht is only barely half way decent at it's best also so yeah.. wrestling. thats all.)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so for some reason when I first read that I thought it was Spade, and i was like what the **** are you talking about
but then I realized it was slam and then I was like...oh ok everything's normal here, carry on

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to play on Friday, to prepare for AUSUM i'm off of work (PRESIDENTS DAY!) I doubt i'm coming to Ausum, but i don't mind playing some games if anyone's free

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i know i wanna smash the night/ day or w/e before the tournament.
bham im looking @ u
or raf, if that could conceivably work out somehow.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ban aside, its funny because when i lived in montevallo i was making alot of tournaments.

what can i say, the city goes hard.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I can't make it to any more tournaments at this point. Don't know when my situation will change. Project M is fun, and I'll always be down to play with anyone who comes to GameBox, though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
do any of you play street fighter 4 AE?
i've been playing a lot lately. only against the CPU so far but I love this damn game. i spend hours watching tournament clips.
someone bring it to some tournaments yooo

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I play it sparingly. I enjoy it, but I have a few (personal) issues with it on a fundamental level. Fun game, though!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want to start playing more games and start travelling more to tournaments, including for smash...I either need to get good at one of these games so I can win some money back or increase my income for that to happen

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
so for some reason when I first read that I thought it was Spade, and i was like what the **** are you talking about
but then I realized it was slam and then I was like...oh ok everything's normal here, carry on
Lmao, MK? **** that guy. Funny, nonetheless.

EDIT: YES, Kevin. That would be super legit to see you at more tournaments. Actual real life interaction with this dude I'm subscribed to on YouTube and have seen all his vids. :p

It'd be nice to see you as well, Slam.

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Finally.

Gotta learn how to change settings to get everything looking like before. I don't like change.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That would be wonderful. Also where is the "disable signatures" button? I can't tell when signatures start. Maybe on a computer would make it easier, but I'm on my phone ATM and it's indistinguishable.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I invite anyone to read this last page of the AL thread, go look at the AUSOM results, and see how true the Birmingham cycle remains.

Top Bottom