• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
P:M seems like if it were to be complete, nobody would have a reason to play Melee, honestly.
Fixed that for you. It's more a better Melee than it is a better Brawl.

That said, if a person is still playing Brawl competitively at this point, there's something about the engine that they really like (weirdos), and PM is taking a lot of that stuff out, for better or worse.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i like the slower pace of brawl and that (not) hit stun.
and its not just because i have sour grapes about not having good tech skill either lul

does anyone in this thread watch WWE? i feel like ive asked before but the road to Wrestlemania is getting ready to start and im pretty hype about that.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Good stuff on 1st reflex. Did ya'll play the 2.5v of pm? Im surprised more people didn't enter. I like Melee and brawl so PM Is right there in the middle. My sub par tech skill tranfers over nicely in PM to. I just cant play brawl as much like I used to(at all) cause it can get boring reall quick haha.

Also I haven't watched WWE since WWF haha. Just cant get into it anymore.
UFC is cool though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Good stuff on 1st reflex. Did ya'll play the 2.5v of pm? Im surprised more people didn't enter. I like Melee and brawl so PM Is right there in the middle. My sub par tech skill tranfers over nicely in PM to. I just cant play brawl as much like I used to(at all) cause it can get boring reall quick haha.
It was Demo 2.5, yeah. It was restricted to a 16-man invitational bracket because Alex Strife wouldn't allow us to run a real tournament.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brawl and P:M are just two different games.
melee and P:M are two different games too. but to a lesser extent. Melee is still a little bit faster paced than P:M, and then of course it has a couple of characters that P:M doesn't/won't)
its less like MVC3 vs UMVC3 and more sort of like SF2 vs SF3. the old game isn't obsolete just because someone has updated it.

but comparing brawl to P:M is like apples and oranges.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
That analogy isn't quite accurate. It's honestly probably more like this:

ST:3S:AE::Melee:Brawl:pM

It's still not a perfect analogy, but that's probably more in line with how it actually is. But in 3S, there are still redeemable qualities, whereas Brawl I just can't.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
What a doodoo head.

:phone:
dont worry, i heard he got like, half of his possessions stolen from him at apex. like, i think people even snagged up his ps3 lmao. i just couldnt imagine myself just ****ing grabbing someone's ps3 and just peacing out with that huge hunk underneath my arm.
That analogy isn't quite accurate. It's honestly probably more like this:

ST:3S:AE::Melee:Brawl:pM

It's still not a perfect analogy, but that's probably more in line with how it actually is. But in 3S, there are still redeemable qualities, whereas Brawl I just can't.
:(
i do like 3S better than brawl though on some days.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i hope P:M is a big hit because it's going to be the competitive, nonstupid Smash game that Sakurai never wanted Smash to be

i'm interested to see what will come of Smash 4 though

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I dunno its being made by a company that has made actual fighting games before so I dunno. plus maybe they will take the time to, like, playtest this one.
YO BRO I PLAYED THE GAME FOR I DUNNO 30 SECONDS AND I NOTICED THE SET KNOCKBACK FOR DDD'S DOWNTHROW ISN'T A GOOD IDEA

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Come play PM with us this Saturday! It's getting just as much exposure as Brawl this time, and we can make it less expensive if it means more people will give it a shot. :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if smash4 sucks then yall gonna see some PM jiggs from now until they make meta knight (never really)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well, then at least no one will complain every time i pick the character i want to use then. that'd be really nice for a change in all honesty.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm pretty sure i'm maining pikachu. i haven't checked out 2.5 yet tho.
im surprised pikachu hasn't gotten much love. he seems really good. his recovery might kind of bad though, not sure haven't played enough.

is p:m playable online, i mean does it suck.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'm pretty sure i'm maining pikachu. i haven't checked out 2.5 yet tho.
im surprised pikachu hasn't gotten much love. he seems really good. his recovery might kind of bad though, not sure haven't played enough.

is p:m playable online, i mean does it suck.
Pikachu is the best parts of all three Smash games, mostly. I think he's good, but he's a character that has kind of an unorthodox playstyle.

The WiFi build of P:M allows you to turn on buffer up to 10 frames in order to make things come out as they're supposed to.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to main Charizard in PM. I admit wholeheartedly that Pikachu is good, but I don't like using him. A lot of stuff I loved from Brawl Pikachu is out the window in PM.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i hate brawl and 64 pikachu. but I love melee pikachu. so PM pika is perfect because its basically melee pikachu with all the good stuff from 64 and brawl added ^_^

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wait, smiths station is going on tomorrow? i thought it was ont he 26th?
well, i cant go then because i made plans with this gal.
i couldnt go on the 26th either though, because i had a show. i guess i wasnt keeping my ear open because i had already had it on my mind that i couldnt go. next tournament i should be there though. with some more brawl lucario and jiggs PM practice under my sleeve too. ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I loooooove Project M. I think I'm getting to the point where I'd like to make it the focus of my events.

Also, I just hit 10k posts, because, apparently, this thread adds to our post count now. Crazy.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I dunno. The good characters offer stuff that's more than usable to a variety of players. For example, I play Wario and Ivysaur, and neither of those characters require much tech skill to be effective.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So it's me again. Here to do the same thing I do nearly every time this year.

http://kamicon.net/

Kami-con is coming up, February 15 - 17. Here's the shocker. IT'S NOT IN TUSCALOOSA THIS YEAR! It's all moved to the BJCC on account of logistics. Plus expansion. Logistical expansion. And they'll have Smash!

Yes, brawl only. It's an anime convention. Deal with it.

You should still go, if not for the video games, then for the animu and general good times. I might be there, I might now. Plane tickets are expensive.

Top Bottom