• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
Thanks for reminding me, SleepyK. Doesn't the fact that you can throw off an l-cancel's timing by angling your shield mean that it isn't really artificial? I mean, yeah you still have to do it, but if you don't time it properly you won't l-cancel. And then you die. >:[

j00t

Smash Champion
I thought it was "cancel specials into supers" as with Ryu's uppercut into ultra.

I miss you Jason. :(

Winnar

Smash Lord
at first I thought this was a brawl vs melee discussion (again)

but then it was secretly about project m

<3 that game

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I thought it was "cancel specials into supers" as with Ryu's uppercut into ultra.

I miss you Jason. :(
Ryu:

LP Anti-Air Shoryu --> Ultra I is a link. An easy-mode link.
as is
Grounded Shoryu, FADC, Ultra I. Still easy though.

punch to hadouken is a true combo (/lol)
Those are called specials.

Most normals cancel into specials/supers and some specials cancel into supers.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Thanks for reminding me, SleepyK. Doesn't the fact that you can throw off an l-cancel's timing by angling your shield mean that it isn't really artificial? I mean, yeah you still have to do it, but if you don't time it properly you won't l-cancel. And then you die. >:[

its still something that you have to do, every time. if there is even ONE situation where you would prefer to not L-cancel upon landing an aerial, that alone would make the move not an arbitrary skill gap increaser.

I don't think we disagree that it is "artificial" maybe you'd use a different word, but I think the main disagreement is whether or not thats a good or bad thing.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey teach me to play street fighter.

also, I kind of like snakes new uptilt in Project M.
obv I miss the brokenness of brawl uptilt, but project M is combo city, its like ftilt first hit, stick, chase grab, bthrow, run uptilt, upair, detonateeee ahhhh

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think it's a good thing

and i think at this point the argument comes down to preference.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I told Russ this, but I don't think he understood the significance of it; I finished all of the trials on SSF4.

It was glorious.
Don't expect me to do that anytime ever.
Or C to Shining C omg.

hey teach me to play street fighter.
Pick a character with a dive kick.

I miss y'all.

Haven't played Smash in a month.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im gonna try to take lou's advice and play on wifi not really playing to win but just playing to learn the matchups and figure out people's tendencies

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok cool janitor but to do that, you must play wifi.
so play wifi. dude get on that **** 24/7 dude

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I think I might be getting a Wii soon, which means... I MIGHT BECOME GOOD.

Oh, and now I'm pink...

naw, posting in pink is for the peach boards...

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I wanna play wifi brawl but only dubs. I want to be a doubles ladder champ.

I was thinking Project M was gonna get me into Melee,but it's not. It'll make me watch it more but not play it. Like playing Brawl and Melee will be hard for me cause it's the same game but 2 completely different physics. I gotta ween off that buffer

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
/namesearch

Mike, you're a terrible troll lol. But that was such a nice compliment. :3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I feel like I don't belong here.

No wait, I do. I live in ****ing Alabama.
Hey Duchock, wanna make homosexual jokes while using gay as a synonym for stupid while reading my stories?

While declaring Timbers and Infi-tan and Flamewavek and Col. Stauffenburg and all the other Lucario users to be furries using our penises on the keyboard with nude avatars of sexy squirrel girls?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
with marvel 3 basically here i would like to make something clear:
if you joined this site in '09 or '10 and have never ****ing played marvel 2 then you are not allowed quote yipes at any time especially not at a tournament. and playing as ryu / hayato / jin once with your friends does not ****ing count as playing marvel 2 so dont try to pull that **** with me, your mailbox is getting ****ted when i hear "mag ****ing neto" or "pringles" or "mahvel baybee" coming out your mouth... it might not happen that day but i am a patient man so you have been warned. and dont think i cant tell when you joined by just looking at you at the tournament because i can ****ing tell.
Spoken from the master.

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm tempted to post just a huge list of players' names and see who name searches into this thread.
$up@ N0v@, (*Jman*), (Lux), 0Room, Alex 615, Alphicans, AnakyUK, AnDaLe, Atlus8, BengalsRZ, Berserker Swordsman, BestNessn00b, Binx, Bishkin, Black Mantis, Blitzkrieg98, Can't Be Faded, CaptainNanD0, ccst, CHAiN-ACE, chamberlin, Charz, CogSmooch, crismas, Dai Tian, Dantarion, Dark Sonic, darkatma, Darksyde, Dekar289, Dr Drew the Dragon, drpepper111, Druggedfox, ds22, earla, Eternal Yoshi, EWC, e_alert, Fisfity, Flayl, Fletch, fortunecookie, FrankCastleAZ, function1, Fuzz, Gamegenie222, Ganonsburg, GOD!, Gonsasuke, Gonzalo Barrios, GreatFalco, hamburglar, Hazygoose, HomeMadeWaffles, Hot_ArmS, Hunch, Hylian, Ingulit+, Invadergirjr, ipitydatfu, IShouldBeStudying, I_Am_Plum, Jazzy200084, JCaesar, Jeapie, JesiahTEG, John12346, JonathantheMeSa, JustKindaBoredUKno, Juushichi, Kail, kaizo13, Kasper!, Keatsta, Keitaro, Killua, KingMarth, KirbyKaze, KoRoBeNiKi, Koru Barton, Kuares, KumaOso, LatexRhombus, linkoninja, Lionman, Lokinario, Lord Chair, M, M@v, maaple, Maharba the Mystic, Majority, Marc, Master WGS, Matador, MaverickZ, Mch12, memk, Metaknight457, Mini Mic, Mixmastermikey, mizujin, MK26, Mogwai, MookieRah, Mr. Doom, Mr.C, MT_, musashi, mydadsacop123, nawgui, NovaSmash, Octave, Odessa, Ohmu, Omari, OmegaMuffin, only1Z, Owsla, Pakman, Patriotic Zero (PTZR), PEEF!, Pimpfish, Plairnkk, Primer, psik0, Rachmaninav89, Raziek, Red Ryu, Red X, Richard7, RiKu.757, Roller, Rutger, S.O.L.I.D., Scarlet Jile, ScAtt77, Schtizzel, Seagull Man, Seikend, Senliten, Sensei Afro, shanus, shaSLAM, Shaya, Silent Wolf, smargaret, smashkng, SoniKupo, Spin, spiritdragon, SSBBWorm, standardtoaster, StarWaffle, stelzig, stingers, StriCNYN3, Surri-Sama, sycon, Sync99, TakFR, TANK64, tarmacker, TheCrimsonBlur, TheReflexWonder, THuGz, Thunderhorse+, toki, Tokyoinamerica, Twinkie, Typ_Ex, VA, Vigilante, vVv ChiboSempai, WaterTails, White_Mike, Wiscus, Wobbles, X1-12, XkaruX, Xyro77, Xzax Kasrani, Yami 2b, Yikarur, YOSHIDO, Yoshimanssbm, Z'zgashi, Zaust, ZenJestr, Zephyros, ZodiakLucien, ~N9NE~, ~Shao~, ~~X~~

Top Bottom