• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
can anyone explain to me why wifi is bad for you or how it makes you worse at smash or how it is not playing the game right?
im just curious bc i hear these things all the time and have never actually asked "why?" before. i know it lags but other than that i dont really see anything wrong. once you get use to lag...
you have to have the right mindset, and realize that you're not really learning anything when you play wifi.

MK D-smash is virtually unpunishable on wifi for example. so i dont ever bother trying to punish it. with the wrong mindset, i may think that this applies in real life as well and miss out on some good punishment opportunities.

and smash is so much about timing offline. so you dont really get to practice your reaction online

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wi-Fi is for getting a basic understanding of your character, then trying to build mind games while keeping note that things on Wi-Fi may not work on offline play.

I'm for learning from Wi-Fi. :/ It's helped me in the past and I hope for it to keep helping me now (with my MK 8D)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I don't approve of internet ever.

Oh, and Ika Masume is hilarious and too freaking cute. Kola, I had a hard time finding this anime when you told me about it. You're ability to pronounce things wrong is beyond me. It was near impossible to find, "Ika Matsoon."

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
IT IS!

Probably one of my favorites, I enjoyed every last minute of it.

Shut up, I'm terrible at pronouncing anything. Dx

Twinster

Smash Cadet
lol.

I am irony.

I don't know your number, Twinster.

Guys, I've finally re-logged into Runescape. I think I'm hooked. :I
WTF RUNESCAPE?!?! OMG What are you doing? Just sitting there closing doors on people for hours and hours and hours???
Anyway, my number is 205-616-3207 call me when you guys get in town so that I can smash with you! I want tooo soooo bad. And are you guys ever going to be coming back to alabama once you move to NC?
Also, kola teach me marth?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also i still think wifi is good through and through lol
i dont rly believe that things work on wifi and dont irl.
:///// guess ill find out when i get better and little things start mattering more though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
guys I'm drunk and hungover at the same time

nothing has ever sucked so hard ever
4 loko?

one time i satyed awake through a hangover and into sobriety aka all night and all the next day. this was after 3

Winnar

Smash Lord
That's really not supposed to happen.... unless you're just at the one-beer headache.
Yeah I have no idea, it's never happened before

I mean I'm not even hungover right now and it's 8am
4 loko?

one time i satyed awake through a hangover and into sobriety aka all night and all the next day. this was after 3
pretty sure this is what was going on, except eventually I decided to go to bed anyway

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im in montgomery MLE :(:(:(:( my parents are forcing me to stay for the rest of this week cuz im grounded cuz i failed college.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
New plans...since nothing has gotten done concerning moving, Lastfest has been postponed until tom.

We'll keep you updated.

Our dad is with us, there could be some major upset if you come over today so just don't.
Idc what Zero says, for the time being, NOTHING is done and we have 2 days to get packed, loaded, and on our way. We need some uninterupted time rt now.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
We'll be giving away things,

Huge tv--I think we're giving to Cheap
2 beds
end tables
rolling chairs
2 cabinets
Shelves
Possibly workout bench

idk what else, call dibs if you want it and can come get it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
shaSLAM rocking that 14yo status
i know tell me about it.
We'll be giving away things,

Huge tv--I think we're giving to Cheap
2 beds
end tables
rolling chairs
2 cabinets
Shelves
Possibly workout bench

idk what else, call dibs if you want it and can come get it.
i would call dibs on the workout bench lool but i wont be there so blaah

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
New plans...since nothing has gotten done concerning moving, Lastfest has been postponed until tom.

We'll keep you updated
Did not see this coming~ :awesome:

Anyway : P Hopefully Jason gets stuff done today. It'd be pretty dumb if we didn't get to see you all off because of this.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hey, y'all can come over now, if you like. I am not absolutely certain if y'all can spend the night though.

Feel free to ask us about stuff you might want. We're finding more and more stuff we're willing to part with.

Ed, I have your coat and blanket.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I left a coat and blanket?

the lighting on my car is poor, so driving is a no-not-really...and its no good if i cant spend the night either(though if we came over earlier we coulda helped out)

so who exactly is planning on coming over?

Top Bottom