• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
Hey the name's Zega and i just reccnetly when to my first Melee tournament which was FAP2 and i'm hoping to get better, if anyone live's near hartselle, AL or Deactur send a message my way plz C:
Welcome! We play Melee every Thursday night in Huntsville. Let me know if you're interested.

Where's this at?
Near Mobile, AL --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292833
p.s. Check the first post of this thread for some more tournament listings. :cool:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Post from SRK:

Hey guys, need your help on this. Me, Colin, Rocky, & a few others within the group have been trying to talk to LuuAnn in the arcade to put SSFIV:AE in the arcade and she's trying her best to get it in there. The only problem is the owner of "Players" (arcade in Eastdale) whom doesn't like fighting games and keeps blowing off all notions we've been throwing at him about it.

Anyway, Colin contacted me to start up a petition after he talked to Rocky today and I have done so. All I ask is any of you can post on my site your name, state of residence, & possibly an email, I would really appreciate it. We need as many names as possible by Tuesday. Im going to try to ask for help on SRK if possible to round up a few more names and such. Here is a link to the post for the petition (Yes, I know, its an anime-type board....you don't have to register to leave a name, just use the quick reply):

[A-T News]SOS - SSFIV:AE FOR ALABAMA! - Anime Toshokan Forums

PS: Yes, this is Hideki-Motosuwa (Mike)....I forgot my old account pass so I made a new one.
GO GO GO

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
where is that arcade at?
do they have a GG machine there? cuz... you know me and GG

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
You guys have no idea what the NC smash community is like.

Great in the aspect of good gamers and familiness...but if ALL types of drugs and loads of alcohol aren't for you, then, yeah.

Don't let others hold you back though, including family :/
Happy Birthday J.

:/

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
heheheheh i luv u serin dont worry only like 9 people showed up.

i need to move to NC. lol nah not really. ive all but quit drugs. alcohol is a diff story.
but snap was funny as hell at Siege when i saw him. he was so hype.
i wish i could be hype sometimes but i just never know what to say.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
man i wanna know how brawl works i wanna know how mk works.
i feel like i still dont know these things yet.
when m2k gets beat you never hear anyone say "adhd did blah blah blah to blah blah blah and just reacted better to the blah and played more aggressive when blah happens and punished blah by doing blah" you hear "omg diddy metaknight counter." or "thank god someone beat mk."
when the **** is this community gonna stop revolving around complaining about how mk is broken. i dont care. i just want to understand the game and i have yet to have a discussion with someone that actually helped me undestand jack **** about brawl. its all just "m2k didnt play gay enough." or "m2k sucks now"
im sure m2k doesnt suck all of a sudden.
why is there never any intellegent brawl discussion why do i have to say "yeah mk is stupid" everytime i win to avoid ten thousand johns falling from the ceiling and around the room. i know mk is broken goddamn deal with it we established this like a month before it came out stfu i am so tired of ppl and their mk hate its build a bad community.

/rant/sounding like janitor ova HURRRRR

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I agree with you Slam. People are never straight up like omg M2K got outplayed. Thye try to think of some way the chaarcter significantly countered M2K

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah its just like you never hear melee players be so obssesed with charecters. they talk more about strategy.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
I played dat man Ali at Smashmas and had no idea...

to play someone that good,

lol, I was flustered, to say the least, at my performance. We didn't make introductions until after the match when we shook hands, in a very laid back tone he said, "I'm Ali."

FuUuuuuUUUuUuu...

Can't say I ever felt that way after a Brawl match.

j00t

Smash Champion
Ali's pretty good, I haven't played him since TO5. I played his Falcon with GnW in pools, he edged me out but I beat him in a couple of friendlies :D

MLE and Zero I will miss you!!! :(

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm coming back on December 26th, hopefully, for my final week in Alabama.

Would you guys like to have one, final Smashfest for little ol' me? Mayhaps a going-away party with many hugs and tears and sea men.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
zero i would cover your butthole at the smashfest.
this is going to be my last chance.

to that that fresh.
virgin.
butthole.

and i
will stop at nothing....

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Our final smashfest will be on the 29th, a Wed. Friday we leave for NC.

We need a good name for this...

/suggestions
"A Family Portrait Smashfest"
why? becasue when i think about the south's smsahers, were friends who treath each other like family;)

anyways, zero...i "finished" NANA. only 47 eps and thats not the true end because it stops at Vol. 11/12 in the Manga, there are 20 Volumes, so i dont reccomend the anime anymore despite its ecellent music, YOU HAVE TO READ THE MANGA FOR THE FULL STORY

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
Just stopping by... hi peeps!

On a certain note:
Can someone answer me.....why are smash 64 computers so &*$%#^#^&#&.....***BEEP*****BEEP**** DUMB*****@#$%^@$^@^!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas? Pulled out the game to play and am frustrated.
They keep rolling and stuff....like the're cool or something..then get grabbed...when they get a smash on me they taunt like the're the shi*****....my favorite one is letting samus charge her 'B' while I'm just holding down fox's reflector.....why does she still shoot...WHY?!?!?!? Someone enlighten me! (K done ranting)

Happy holidays!

Top Bottom