• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
@mc
Are you going to be able to get at least $40 for AWA? That's if we can find housing and don't need a hotel, so expect to pay more...haven't found anyone to house us, asking for six people is scary.

Russ, his sister, me, J, Kola...I'm ordering the group memership, so we have to find a sixth; I figure it shouldn't be too hard.

maybe Duchock?

Also, good job George LOL, out of all the gamers there you manage to still play with someone localish :p
Jk, seriously, GJ Al.
<3

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i have a good 20 saved so far(if i dont goto the gamebox tourney). i can also provide other things as well(snacks, etc. i have some cosplay items that survived that you guys are free to wear. if i come over today ill bring it)
also, if i manage to come, arent I your 6th person?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<;; if we get the group membership will I have to like be with the people that also got the membership the entire day? Or will I have the ability to also hang with the people that invited me to the event in the first place?

I'm sure they won't find the brawl tournament (that I'm sure Jason will be entering) the most enjoyable thing to watch while at the convention xP

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
<.<;; if we get the group membership will I have to like be with the people that also got the membership the entire day? Or will I have the ability to also hang with the people that invited me to the event in the first place?

I'm sure they won't find the brawl tournament (that I'm sure Jason will be entering) the most enjoyable thing to watch while at the convention xP
The only thing that makes buying in group different from buying alone is that only one person (group leader) has the ability to pick up the badges from check-in. Once the leader has the badges, all you need to do is get the badge from them somehow and you're good to go.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I hope you all have been paying attention to the MLG thing at the top. Interesting things have been happening that are pertinent to our state/area.

Also, Ally among others couldn't get a ride to the venue, so they got disqualified for their matches. Gasp!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
For their winners matches.

I've been watching the Tekken stream. xD Some pretty hyped up stuff. I'm shocked to not have seen a single Lily. :< She's the only character I really care about.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD lolz Sorry bro I can't leave today or tomorrow. We'll have to see about next week too. I may not even be able to go to the gamebox thingy.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
"In LBR8 action, 14th seed Fatal (Snake) defeats 28th seed ch33s3 (Ice Climbers) 2-0. Fatal had a JV three-stock in Game 2. "

Fatal is officially my hero.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol @ ally losing interest in the game and choking in tournaments now

also goodshee at nick riddle i thought his 3rd place posting was a fluke at hte last one

also LOU what are you doin you're suppose to win this ****

how did elev8 do?
was there pools at this?

oh i see ally and adhd got dq'd early on for being late
thats why they got such lower placings

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Once again.....They were only dq'd from winners bracket for arriving late. Ally ended up playing more matches in the losers bracket.

There's a result page now.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Other than the DQ's i think this tournament turned out pretty well, i mean we all seen some new names up there that was actually doing really well so at least its not m2k vs ally in the finals like it normaly is lol.

I still feel bad for ally for getting DQ because i think he could have made it much farther if that didnt happen but who knows.

Everything happens for a reason.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
good sheeeet to Elev8 and Reflex. xD How is the rest of GA/AL doing there?
Lol someone was misinformed

how did elev8 do?
was there pools at this?

I did absolutely terrible. I beat George... No one else...
& they don't do pools. they just do straight bracket.

oh i see ally and adhd got dq'd early on for being late
thats why they got such lower placings
Raf lost to two people he should have beat @ MLG .____.
yep... I made a bad decision against Mister Eric and i straight up choked against Xzax. Despite my horrible performance; i had a really good time, i got to meet/play a lot of amazing players, and i learned a lot. I'll be sure to be ready for the next one

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I see there is a smash tourney this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I'll be in Seattle, and hopefully I'll make it in time for the SSBB tourney there this time.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I basically went to MLG to play people I can play at Waba. It broke my heart having to play Raf. Adam and I could have done so much better in doubles. I need some super ridiculous practice. I want to pick up Tekken. Worst ride from Raleigh to Birmingham ever. At least I won gift cards.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Awww, George!!!! Sorry 'bout your MLG experience. Come over whenever you feel up to it, we can Mario Partaay.

That ride/drive gets worse and longer every time, btw.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
okay now I'm just confuzzled

George you're wanting to play Tekken now? Awesome I have a Tekken practice buddy. xD After seeing Tekken at MLG it made me want to join the scene more than ever.

Oh gamebox tournament. :p I'm still confirmed for that.

Weekend visit still available? ;P

Top Bottom