• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
genius is the ability to express something profound in a simple way.

i have come to terms with the fact that i am mad dumb a long time ago.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
billy is an elite player.
the scrubs in your pool will be owned by QAC
Janitor, you have the two most experienced Pikachu mains in AL disagreeing with you on this one. No offense, but I think we know Pikachu better.

Seriously, most people know to jab or use a long lasting move to combat QAC. It has very little priority. And even if they don't know that, QAC does very little on its own to win a match. I think it's like 2% or something each time it hits. I might use it to lead into an uair to FF fair combo, but that isn't QAC-based or even QAC-dependent. All it does is get me in closer in that situation. QAC is too easily punished to be the key to winning a match like you are suggesting.

It's still useful though for getting in close, retreating, or recovering. It also sometimes makes people get frustrated and start playing recklessly, leaving them open for punishment.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
pools take too long. Yesterday at waba they had 32 entrants, and the tourney ran smoothly without pools. If we get more that 30 ppl i guess we can do pools, but i'd rather get the show on the road if, you know what i mean...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
True, but I don't really want people to only play 2 sets at the minimum before they get out.

Well I guess they could do friendlies and MMs, but still.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Every had a really **** good day? The kind of a day where you find a $100 bill on the ground at the gas station pump?

On a related note, I'll be at Montgomery.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if anyone, elev8, wants housing before the tourney they can stay at my house.

and bring a setup so we can play brawl.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im rougly 10 minutes out of the way of montgomery though soo

ehhhh

its not like right next door to the place.

Purple

Hi guys!
I enjoy brawl. I love the game. I have fun playing brawl against the computer. thats how much i love it. What I dont love is the community.
I am making (mostly) drunk posts on a random website about mario and pikachu.
this community is dumb and scrubby. This thread is silly. i have nothing against anyone, and mostly think several of the people here are nice. I dont know who Roxy is are or where you came from. I have bad fingers.
that's really all you need to know about me. take it or leave it.
i dont know what you're trying to accomplish by telling ME about ME.
you're a scrub, stop hating the community when you're one of the people making it bad.

i'm from ga btw

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Janitor, you have the two most experienced Pikachu mains in AL disagreeing with you on this one. No offense, but I think we know Pikachu better.

Seriously, most people know to jab or use a long lasting move to combat QAC. It has very little priority. And even if they don't know that, QAC does very little on its own to win a match. I think it's like 2% or something each time it hits. I might use it to lead into an uair to FF fair combo, but that isn't QAC-based or even QAC-dependent. All it does is get me in closer in that situation. QAC is too easily punished to be the key to winning a match like you are suggesting.

It's still useful though for getting in close, retreating, or recovering. It also sometimes makes people get frustrated and start playing recklessly, leaving them open for punishment.
obviously i don't mean just use QAC and thats it, geezus.

QAC goes into pikachu's aerials, which are all good. and its very tricky even for experienced players. if the move sucked that much why did you spend 100 hrs practicing it.

it doesn't matter how much you know pikachu. I could pick pikachu, a character who i never play, and 2-0 my pool using nothing but QAC tricks.

im not trying to explain to you how to play pikachu. you guys are completely missing the point as always. jesus.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you're a scrub, stop hating the community when you're one of the people making it bad.

i'm from ga btw
i dont care about the brawl community anymore. i dont want to talk to you anymore either.

Roxy has it figurd out guys, the way to win a thread is to personally attack someone.

Purple

Hi guys!
i dont care about the brawl community anymore. i dont want to talk to you anymore either.

Roxy has it figurd out guys, the way to win a thread is to personally attack someone.

lol at you not caring about the brawl community, then swearing up and down you were working for five months getting new techs when you started. Yeah dude, I obviously wanted to win this thread. I want the virginity's of all the alabamians for skewering your idiocy on a stick.

Obviously.

Because that's exactly what I said when I said I wanted to figure out your problem with the smash community, and your problem with playing the game in general, when positively talking to you isn't going to help. I'm not even going to be sarcastic, that's not what I want in the least dude. You keep saying I'm not listening to what you're saying. But your POV hasn't changed either. I mean **** dude, I'll go as far as to say.

Your bad fingers johns are legit.

But guess what dude, you're still playing brawl lol. Most tech skill is simple in brawl, especially snake (i mean, b button + shield button = AWESOME TECH LOL). If that's seriously the only problem you have, then you're just making excuses for yourself.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ winnar and munkus, in all honesty, you guys are consistently *******s to me and i never really even said or did anything to you ever. I dont really appreciate it, but I suppose you don't care or you wouldn't randomly be douchebags for no reason.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

lol at you not caring about the brawl community, then swearing up and down you were working for five months getting new techs when you started.

I obviously wanted to win this thread.

Obviously.

Because that's exactly what I said.

When I said "i want to figure out your problem"

but nah

i just wanna win this thread.
roxy.
stfu
and leave me alone. im begging you.
nothing you are saying makes sense.
i forgot its not possible to care about something, and later stop caring about it.
is that really that hard a concept?
do not try to figure out my problem. I have already told you it. several times.
btw, you don't 'help' someone by insulting and belittling someone.
i know my problem. leave me a lone. im begging you. stop talking to me.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
obviously i don't mean just use QAC and thats it, geezus.

QAC goes into pikachu's aerials, which are all good. and its very tricky even for experienced players. if the move sucked that much why did you spend 100 hrs practicing it.

it doesn't matter how much you know pikachu. I could pick pikachu, a character who i never play, and 2-0 my pool using nothing but QAC tricks.

im not trying to explain to you how to play pikachu. you guys are completely missing the point as always. jesus.
The move doesn't suck, but it is more of a helper skill than a beat my pool skill. It's like saying uair will wreck my pool because it's the move that will lead into nair or fair. If I was going to beat my pool, Pikachu's combos would help me more than QAC. I practice it because it is quite useful for approaching and retreating, but it also can get you punished hard if you mess up or even go to a bad spot with it.

If you think you can beat your whole pool by picking a character you never play, then be my guest. Your ignorance of the Pikachu metagame shows though if you think you can beat a whole pool with nothing but QAC tricks.

This is just getting into semantics now. Feel free to respond, but I'm done arguing about it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
.__. after playing through a bit of Rachel's story, I really want to pick her up. She's....low tier in the next game though I think. ;P and bah Litchi is way too technical for me to try and pick up right now, Nu would just be a better answer.

Oh and my fellow Touhou friends. <.<;; how does one install the updated fighter? I forgot the order.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
right, i was gonna post:
if you dont have both SWR and 12.3, get them here
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42867-official-doujinstyle-reclamation-thread-30/

heres the english patch, make sure you install to your path for 12.3
http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/1331

just google hamachi, or look around the SWR arena on DS.

lastly, heres that reccomended song list for B+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2uVK28QY4
on spear pillar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB2Vuxvy9q4
on Final D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGVpKyVYEq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beIwP-esgIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkvMhv68d-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5EsqhtVr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKb3ycaOFnY
on smashville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQjT-lJ1xg
on stadium 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwrAP...F393E&index=44
on warioware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECPbt...F393E&index=54
EVERY FCKING STAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRieCCVBa0
battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avs0yOwJLKY
castle seige

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wktQ3XSnnXY
anywhere...

if you have any trouble finding a song, just tell me, the KK Slider stuff is in the vid links...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
.__. after playing through a bit of Rachel's story, I really want to pick her up. She's....low tier in the next game though I think. ;P and bah Litchi is way too technical for me to try and pick up right now, Nu would just be a better answer.

Oh and my fellow Touhou friends. <.<;; how does one install the updated fighter? I forgot the order.
Rachel is not low tier. She's in her own tier below everyone else. Here's a tier list to further reinforce why you can't play her (spaces between tiers are the gaps in viability):

Top:
Bang
Litchi

Everyone else

**** tier:
Rachel

But Litchi isn't a demanding character, she's just sort of a multi-tasking character. Lambda (the replacement for Nu) is pretty decent, upper-mid, I think, but just like in Calamity Trigger the girl still gets ***** by Bang, only harder.

btw, thanks a lot for the links, NinjaFoXx. I'm going to find some way to defeat Patchy! :mad:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't understand how damage nerfing could make a character drop so drastically in tiers (or at all, honestly, but that's another story).

Sagat's still ******** in Super SFIV. Squirtle's still ******** when fatigued. Why wouldn't Rachel be ********? Are there bigger nerfs that I'm not aware of?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
They didn't just take away her damage. They also took away a lot of her options.

Damage nerfs can go a long away anyway. Squirtle and Sagat are still stupid, but there's no way that you can't get frustrated when your 20-hit combo does overall less damage than 1 good poke from the opponent. Sagat still has good options, but he hits like a little girl now and all Shoryuken's (except Ken and Cammy) are stupid inconsistent (trading hits with aerials and ground moves, wtf. Getting stuffed by some aerials/specials completely, wtf)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Alright, as much as some of these post in here are so lulzy and kills brain cells from reading them, it's gonna have to stop. So, from this point on...if I see anyone posting nonsense for flame/troll bait, it's going to be reported to administration and you might even end up receiving a room ban.

I won't say any names. You know who you are.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Omg what did I just read?

Ryker, what part of Montgomery?
Take a guess.

Rachel is not low tier. She's in her own tier below everyone else. Here's a tier list to further reinforce why you can't play her (spaces between tiers are the gaps in viability):

Top:
Bang
Litchi

Everyone else

**** tier:
Rachel

But Litchi isn't a demanding character, she's just sort of a multi-tasking character. Lambda (the replacement for Nu) is pretty decent, upper-mid, I think, but just like in Calamity Trigger the girl still gets ***** by Bang, only harder.

btw, thanks a lot for the links, NinjaFoXx. I'm going to find some way to defeat Patchy! :mad:
Ragna, Carl, and, I think, Hakumen are all a step above the rest of the cast and only a step under Bang and Litchi. I'm depressed that Jin dropped like a stone though. Render is about the only person still playing him and he was one of only a few before.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

"technical difficulty" is the worst reason i hear for people not playing a character. play who you like. if you can't do stuff WELL FREAKIN DUH BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T LEARNED OR PRACTICED IT YET
idk it's like trying to curve a soccer ball when you have never kicked anything in your life then giving up because it's too hard

Top Bottom