• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<;; Tell em George

Everytime I play a Lucario, I go into a rage that I only get in video games.

Oh and Zero I got the ok***** yea finally* to go to your place today.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD now I'll clean my room and crap to make sure it stays that way.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well then you're a very rare exception. I've never met a Melee player that could say that it took them years to master those techniques.

I mean seriously did it take you years to learn how to mortar slide with snake? It's not any more complex than that.
Yeah it took me like...a week? Tops? And that was just with casual free for all practice lol

Even trickier tech skill stuff usually takes like 2 or 3 hours of practice before I finally understand what I should be making my hands do.
Lucario is a frustrating character to everyone, it seems. What exactly is it that frustrates EVERYONE?
CUZ EVERYOENS SCURBS ZERO

everyoens scurbs

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah, zero knows alot about the game and plays almost every char.

granted, he may play gay.
but he is no reflex or anything and it is really effective and he knows what to do and what not to do and he plays the game enough to be able to handle and outthink people in situations.
i feel like i get more patient when i play him which is a virtue in smash.
and i get better because he knows about the game.

i play against scrubs every day that walk around and try to dsmash with pikachu every time they come close to me. i know zero is not a srcub and i know i will get better by playing him. how could zero be a scrub? brawl may not be the most complicated game but there is still a pretty big gap between the average person and a person in the smash community.

as far as not being able to play. it's just that i really do not have enough money to drive that much because i spend it on drugs and shows and stuff. i guess that is my perogitive but i wish you had a car or something and could drive to the vallo or something idk. its just not possible for me to drive to vestavia as much as id like to.

also, when janitor bashses you guys, saying "WELL YOU DO BETTER" is not a very well thought out comeback. it's like when i played music and people said that my bands sucked. the first thing that comes to mind is "well, you get up here and play then!" but i really feel like a doucher saying that because it is a very childish argument. there are always going to be outside spectators and instead of being childish just ignore them and continue to work and get better at your own rate.

because people that do not work at a hobby (janitor, haters) do not understand the time or effort required to reach a certain skill level.

i guess it is a different case because janitor use to play smash but... frankly i use to play smash too and now yall kick my *** and i dont understand exactly what is going on anymore.
i have lost touch and it is ignorant of janitor to think that he hasnt lost touch either.

thats my only ****.

Aqua S.G.

Smash Rookie
<.<;; Tell em George

Everytime I play a Lucario, I go into a rage that I only get in video games.

Oh and Zero I got the ok***** yea finally* to go to your place today.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD now I'll clean my room and crap to make sure it stays that way.
since you play with lucario do you main with him?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Slam, that was a good post. I have no response other than to say that that was a well-made post (not an insult btw, far from it. I just don't know what to say.).

Aqua S.G. I main Lucario and Kola mains Marth. Oh, and anyone near Birmingham should come to 2565 D Mountain Lodge Circle, Birmingham, AL.

And I don't know about the 29th, I'm a definite maybe.

And Nodame Cantibile is a very fun anime.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, let's see.

+Huge hitboxes (fsmash, fair, and dair; kind of uair, bair, and utilt)
+Arguably the best roll in the game
+The power of aura (This is a huge one. There are so many times when I feel like I am beating you, get you to a point where I have difficulty getting a kill, and suddenly after something like 3 hits, I go from 0% to 120%)
+Hard to approach in the air(fair, dair, nair, utilt, and roll)
+Hard to approach on the ground (fsmash has a huge hitbox with IASA frames, aura sphere, and roll)
+Difficult to outcamp (aura sphere is fast, roll gets him out of situations)
+Forces opponent to approach him
+Several strings that once started are hard to get out of (fair fair fair fair fair nair/dair)
-****ty recovery
-Floaty

At least that's my opinion.
It's not your opinion. It's a fact.

His roll is ****ing unpunishable by anyone not named Meta Knight, Snake, or Diddy Kong (with a banana). Many characters can never realistically beat Lucario because of how far he moves and how quick both of his rolls are. It's also why rolling is actually a viable approaching strategy as Lucario (though it's still not that safe).

F-Smash will keep you protected from the front; if the opponent gets in from that on the ground, then you're pretty much at frame advantage as Lucario anyway.

If you don't have a reflector, there isn't a safe way to approach a Lucario who is charging an Aura Sphere.

Granted, Lucario has trouble approaching (but it isn't a lost cause), so once you get a decent percent lead, the optimal strategy is to never, ever chase him. It turns the match into a giant campfest, much like fighting competitive Dedede. Too many invincibility frames and safe moves to bother actually fighting.

Winnar

Smash Lord
It's not your opinion. It's a fact.

His roll is ****ing unpunishable by anyone not named Meta Knight, Snake, or Diddy Kong (with a banana). Many characters can never realistically beat Lucario because of how far he moves and how quick both of his rolls are. It's also why rolling is actually a viable approaching strategy as Lucario (though it's still not that safe).

F-Smash will keep you protected from the front; if the opponent gets in from that on the ground, then you're pretty much at frame advantage as Lucario anyway.

If you don't have a reflector, there isn't a safe way to approach a Lucario who is charging an Aura Sphere.

Granted, Lucario has trouble approaching (but it isn't a lost cause), so once you get a decent percent lead, the optimal strategy is to never, ever chase him. It turns the match into a giant campfest, much like fighting competitive Dedede. Too many invincibility frames and safe moves to bother actually fighting.
Why is this game so popular, again?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I need an RPG. Almost done with Breath of Fire III and want a new one.

I want to play an RPG from PSX, SNES, or GBA. The problem with that is if you can name a game, chances are I've already played it. Advice?

I've been recommended SMRPG, Mother 2 (Earthbound), Mother 3 (all of which I've played), and Pretty Soldier (cept this part was in Japanese) Sailor Moon: Another Story. They promised that the Sailor Moon game would be difficult. It wasn't, it was painfully simple.

Sigh, so can I get better help here? Hacks for an RPG would be cool as well.

Purple

Hi guys!
@ Roxy, first lol @ brawl's competitive community lasting 10 years,
SB64 is still going along isn't it? :|

secondly, i've been playing smash competively for like 5 years, thats well enough time to overcome a problem as simple as having bad fingers.
It's not time, it's quality. How much you really want to learn, how much you practice to get better.

I'm not making an excuse for myself, i am stating a fact, I have bad fingers.
that's kind of like saying "i'm just stating a fact, I have chunky legs, hence why i can't run as fast" You know you can change that right? :|

I never said or implied that melee is better than brawl.
When you say "this is something melee players do that's good" then say "brawl players don't do that", you are kind of implying that melee > brawl. I could understand if you gave brawl some pro-points, but you didn't.

I need to re-read that huge wall.

Also,Slam said you can't even be considered as part of the community, why are you even arguing this Janitor?

Oh God this thread.
Anymore awesome posts in that awesome posts bag of yours?

btw this game is popular because fur***s can play lucario

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I need an RPG. Almost done with Breath of Fire III and want a new one.

I want to play an RPG from PSX, SNES, or GBA. The problem with that is if you can name a game, chances are I've already played it. Advice?

I've been recommended SMRPG, Mother 2 (Earthbound), Mother 3 (all of which I've played), and Pretty Soldier (cept this part was in Japanese) Sailor Moon: Another Story. They promised that the Sailor Moon game would be difficult. It wasn't, it was painfully simple.

Sigh, so can I get better help here? Hacks for an RPG would be cool as well.
I have a mean hack of SMRPG that is really difficult.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD I would like to play that.

<.<;; and Jason usually I ask if I can just come over and the answer is usually yes. But erm can I plan a weekend visit this time?

matt4300

Smash Ace
xD I would like to play that.

<.<;; and Jason usually I ask if I can just come over and the answer is usually yes. But erm can I plan a weekend visit this time?
Seconded... T_T driveing up to birmingham for a 4 hour visit is a waste of gas.

Guess its all up to MLE though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Look, I'm just saying that arguing with janitor about this is kinda like explaining calculus to a sandwich.

A sandwich with down syndrome.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Nope.

Regardless, it's an incredibly stupid discussion that's been played out more times than I can count in this thread.

At some point you throw up your hands and say "I surrender," because it is the fifteenth time that janitor has gotten drunk and posted about scrubs without mentioning Dr. Cox or JD.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Kola has told me to clarify that when I say, "I have nothing to do this weekend and y'all should come over," I really mean, "You guys should get over here now and spend the weekend."

F-ing bnubs and their inability to read forum posts.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh yeah elev8
i cant go to waba
because i am saving up and going to the montgomery tournament instead.

it is much easier for me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
SB64 is still going along isn't it? :|

It's not time, it's quality. How much you really want to learn, how much you practice to get better.

that's kind of like saying "i'm just stating a fact, I have chunky legs, hence why i can't run as fast" You know you can change that right? :|

When you say "this is something melee players do that's good" then say "brawl players don't do that", you are kind of implying that melee > brawl. I could understand if you gave brawl some pro-points, but you didn't.

I need to re-read that huge wall.

Also,Slam said you can't even be considered as part of the community, why are you even arguing this Janitor?

Anymore awesome posts in that awesome posts bag of yours?

btw this game is popular because fur***s can play lucario
ssb is not "going along"..it doesn't have a very established community, but regardless, ssb did/does not have a nation of scrubs as its community.

assumptions again.
listen to me.
english mother****er do you speak it.
I HAVE BAD FINGERS.
i sat alone in my dorm room for half of a year practicing l-cancelling on a level 1 bowser, dont tell me i didn't put enough practice in. don't tell me anything about myself, actually. cuz you don't know what you're talking about. naturally, because you're not me.

honestly Roxy you just kind of jumped in here without knowing anything at all about me, about my history, about what my views are, and your ignorance of these subject completely destroys most of the things you are saying.

slam says im not part of the coommunity NOW. i was probably one of THEE most active and excited member of the Alabama brawl scene near the beginning. but you wouldnt know that.

also when i say something like "melee players do this, and brawl players do that"
explain to me how that = me saying melee > brawl? really, literally, i would like you to explain how that implies that.

and chad i dont know what you're talking about. most people that i've talked to say it takes a long tme to master wavedashing and lcancelling. maybe you dont remember but in the melee days there was a new thread every week called something like 'NEED HELP WIF WAVEDASHING'.
i dont believe you if you're saying it takes a week.

yes i think you're mistaken or lying. thats not how muscle memory works. it takes more than a week. much less applying in a real match. lol @ a week. it takes a week to fully understand what l-cancelling IS. must less MASTERING it, are you kidding? are you trolling me?

mortar sliding is nowhere near as difficult. some other characters dacus, like falcos, wolfs, and warios are harder to do...AND i can not do them with anywhere near 100% accuracy. but stillt hey are not as hard as wavedashing. you have to dodge within like 3 frames or something to complete a good wavedash. mortar slide you have like 19 framse (im making up the numbers but the difference is still analogous) to cancel your dash attack. with snake you can sit and think about it before you push the next button. way easier. wavedashing you have to ALMOST press them at the same time, but not exactly the same time. but almost, and if your timings off you'll get punished. i would not say that mortar sliding is anywhere near comparable. l cancelling is a whole nothing can of worms because its requires more than just muscle memory, its way more difficult, it requires reflexes, timing, and hand eye coordination and knowledge of the game's mechanics. lol @ a week.

i **** up mortar sliding all the time too. but that could just be because i have bad fingers.

i must be bad at explaining things. or maybe i am just constantly getting trolled by people who aren't interested in reaching some sortt of conclusion. it seems at this point that you guys are arguing with me just to argue, because your posts arent even making sense anymore. I dont know why i'm always accused of not debating properly when im the only one who ever attempts to explain any of the points i make. and in response i get lots of personal attacks and insults, when I specifically attempt to avoid doing the same for the most part. no, i'm not the one who's bad at debating. when Im sitting here explaing my posts, and you respond with a personal attack or some personal **** about ME personally. that's not how you have a discussion. i ve decided that most of you aren't interested in actually trying to learn where i'm coming from. your just arguing to be arguing or something. and in that case i dont know why im still typing. everyone isn't included, and honestly i think you know who you are if you are.
its amusing though to see how amazing offended you people get when I throw out the word 'scrub' as if im talking to you personally. I never mentioned any specific person, or group, or region, or ANYTHIGN. yet you take it personally. I find that says more about the person getting offended than it say about anything else.

Purple

Hi guys!
assumptions again.
listen to me.
english mother****er do you speak it.
I HAVE BAD FINGERS.
i sat alone in my dorm room for half of a year practicing l-cancelling on a level 1 bowser, dont tell me i didn't put enough practice in. don't tell me anything about myself, actually. cuz you don't know what you're talking about. naturally, because you're not me.
Then why are you here? If you have bad fingers, and will never get anywhere in the game, and can't change the metagame. Why don't you just stop coming to this site?

Get out.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Then why are you here? If you have bad fingers, and will never get anywhere in the game, and can't change the metagame. Why don't you just stop coming to this site?

Get out.
There's a little thing called "fun", that is the major reason why I play video games. Maybe you've heard of it.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh geez..

what did I just walk into?

I just wanted to say, I like Munkus beaver alot more now. I remember a time when we didn't get along :(. But That's all in the past. I hope he feels the same way...if i'm not on ignore lol

Also, Winnar, MLE, Zero_gamer are really sexy. I want to have sex with each of you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was up to King Calimari. The fight locked up on me three times. After the third, my saved game was erased. Rage :(
Is there actually a reason to use Mario, Bowser, Peach? I'm hoping so.

I always felt it necessary to use Mallow and Geno so I didn't feel completely invincible.

GOD!

Smash Ace

Get out.
...says the man with all the authority in the world. Clearly listen to this man and do as he says.

Or not. Janitor just ignore them, they're not listening to what you say anymore.. I get what you mean, sometimes you just can't do stuff. Maybe its just a mental block but you probably know better than I do. I can't beat captain falcon, and I know the match up inside out but I can't win. It's really frustrating for me and I don't expect people to understand.

Meanwhile ignore the oos *** who's telling you to leave.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
maybe we just have a really good community
I'm gonna go out on a risky social limb here and say that we had a great community until real life stepped in the way of some of the "old" people's way of playing. Or maybe it was Brawl making them not play any more.

Is there actually a reason to use Mario, Bowser, Peach? I'm hoping so.

I always felt it necessary to use Mallow and Geno so I didn't feel completely invincible.
Yes, all the characters are very well balanced yet still their same ol' selves. You will game over. A lot.

Edit: I'll also testify to the bad fingers. My hands just don't work like everyone's else's thanks to fifteen years of continuous keyboard use.

Top Bottom