• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
For all of you interested, I'd like some help deciding on a point system for our Power Rankings. ANY contribution at least in the form of words is welcome. :D

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I couldn't resist!

sorry <3
I laughed.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I dubl posted. I'm turning into Slam. Help!

Also,

Yes, all the characters are very well balanced yet still their same ol' selves. You will game over. A lot.
Looking forward to it. I've played a FFV hack that was hilarious, a FFVI hack that made it more difficult (Not as hard as I hoped, but it fixed the broken as hell glitches), and a bunch of Mario hacks that were "OMFG I'M PULLING MY HAIR OUT" hard.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor,
you should just get high more.

it helps concentrate and relax muscles LOL

Purple

Hi guys!
Or not. Janitor just ignore them, they're not listening to what you say anymore.. I get what you mean, sometimes you just can't do stuff. Maybe its just a mental block but you probably know better than I do. I can't beat captain falcon, and I know the match up inside out but I can't win. It's really frustrating for me and I don't expect people to understand.

Meanwhile ignore the oos *** who's telling you to leave.
LOL @ THAT

Dude, I'm talking to Janitor to help him get better, or at least see what his problem is other than his 'bad fingers'. I'm not going to get that by saying "oh janitor, you're so right about your bad fingers, i guess it's okay for you to keep complaining about the brawl community". That's what a discussion is, stop trying to ****-block it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
aigt yall

da boy said he had BAD FINGERS

and yall still hatin

idk man

he jus got bad fingers so da quit

but im tellin you

just smoke with me dude and dem fingerz be healin

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I mean, it's just....

what the **** man.

You're playing ****ing brawl, not marvel

and you're playing snake, not ic's.

WAIT

HOLD THE **** UP!!

I thought he was making johns for melee..

You mean this whole time he's complaining about playing bad at brawl?!

Bad finger johns in Brawl?!

Dude, try that **** in ****ing marvel or Guilty Gear wtf

omfg im so close to rage banning T1J right now it's not even funny!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
. . .

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
"Bad fingers"

Hilarious.

I have arthritis in my hands, FYI.

It don't stop me from playing.

EDIT: Oh, and I have never put a person on ignore. Never have, never will.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
@ Cam, L-cancelling IS just a stupid trick. it helps if you spend all your time trying to perfect it, you will never actually get good at the game. maybe i misinterpreted what you were saying. it just sounded like you were saying 'OF COURSE IM TRYING TO GET BETTER LOOK HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT ON QAC!!!' when practicing QAC isn't making you better at the game, you're just learning a trick that is not going to take youv ery far on its own.
No, it will not take you very far on its own. And I really don't understand what you meant when you said QAC would win me games against people in my pool or something like that. QAC isn't like shuttle loop or mortar slide; I can't win on it alone even against new players, unless you use one of those lame footstool infinites that ESAM came up with, which is not really my thing. I practice it because it takes a lot of work to do it naturally and to integrate it thoroughly into one's gameplay, kind of like we integrate teching and shielding. It's far from the only thing I practice. I practice combos, timing, baiting, prediction tech chasing,, etc. QAC is just an example specific to Pikachu that is really fun to do, yet few people take the time to learn it well.

I'm not really sure what we're arguing about...

Oh yeah, the "scrubs" thing.

I don't know if you read my post last night, but I actually agree with a lot of your concerns, especially about the huge focus new players put on the PR. I mean, the game should be about getting better, not about getting recognized. So, yes, you are right on that.

I still can't say I agree that people aren't trying to discover new strategies and to overall get better at this game. It's a little unclear if you are actually arguing this or not though.

You can't expect people to not take the "scrubs" comment personally when AL is the only face to face brawl community you deal with. And you really implied that the community was scrubs except for Reflex, BigLou, and other top players. So, if someone is not a top player, you just kind of called them a scrub. Even if that's not what you meant to say, that's definitely how it comes across.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
No, it will not take you very far on its own. And I really don't understand what you meant when you said QAC would win me games against people in my pool or something like that. QAC isn't like shuttle loop or mortar slide; I can't win on it alone even against new players, unless you use one of those lame footstool infinites that ESAM came up with, which is not really my thing.
Play to win man. Those infinites are tough to do, and can set you apart in some matchups.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i would learn it.
i need to learn wario's cg on falco

and also

im getting pretty good at ddd chaingrabs.

its really the only good part of playing with scrubs everyday.
you can practice dumb ****.
except they always getr really pissed off.
really
pissed off

and it sucks. like, im trying to get better but they just want me to sandbag every match.
thats so dumb.
i want ****ing wifi.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont think it makes a difference what char you use.
its just whoever you play best with.

i picked up mk only to find out that i was not comfortable with him at all.
the only people that really fit my comfort zone are ddd and wario.

i would do horrible using mk in a tournament.

idk dude.

tires don exits to me.

i guess some people are more well rounded.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
then stop complaining about the bull**** and enjoy it more for the fun.

Maybe you'll get better that way.
I enjoy brawl. I love the game. I have fun playing brawl against the computer. thats how much i love it. What I dont love is the community.
I am making (mostly) drunk posts on a random website about mario and pikachu.
this community is dumb and scrubby. This thread is silly. i have nothing against anyone, and mostly think several of the people here are nice. I dont know who Roxy is are or where you came from. I have bad fingers.
that's really all you need to know about me. take it or leave it.
i dont know what you're trying to accomplish by telling ME about ME.

@ cam, we all suck at the game. except top players. like I do wayy better in brawl tournaments than i do in melee. but i'm much much better at melee than brawl, all things being equal. i have a way better understanding of the game, and i wreck noncompetitiv eplayers 10 times as hard. in brawl we all get by with mindless tactics that no one but top players no how to get around. so we get better very very slowly. if at all. But in many cases that's not our fault, because we don't get to fight people who suck that much. and there are lots of factors, a big one being that the game has such a weirder shaped learning curve, its not even a curve..its shapped like a backwards L. thats why its so hard to determine the PR list except the top players. cuz we all use the same tactics, and if you picked up my charcter and learned my tactics, you'd do the same as me. or if i picked up your char and learned your tactics i'd be the same as you. no one is any better than anyone. some of use are actually "scrubs" though. most brawl players are scrubs. its not alabama its everyone. I read lots of threads on this board and its generally a bunch of scrubs debating about **** that is irrelevant to building the community. I guess my definition of a scrub is someone who's not contributing to the competitive community. Just seeking a PR list or high placement or money. showing up late to a tourney, not talking to anyone, then leaving as son as your eliminated. using your talents to find out infinites and cheap tactics. thats scrub ****. and thats what so many brawl players do. maybe people just dont enjoy the game as mucha s i doEven bettering yourself contributes to the community. its more of a mindset in this context.
and you could definitely 2-0 your pool using just QAC tricks. You could probably use the exact same trick over and over again for an entire tournament and get 7th place or so.

if I had to pick a song that played whenever i entered a place, it would be the Forest Temple theme from Zelda OOT.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
and you could definitely 2-0 your pool using just QAC tricks. You could probably use the exact same trick over and over again for an entire tournament and get 7th place or so.
I'm sorry, but you are just wrong on this. You are not a Pikachu main, and I am. I know that QAC has very little priority and is easily punished, even by less experienced players. A Snake could just hold down jab to stop it. You don't have to be a pro to be able to do that. QAC is useful, but it will NOT win you the game on its own. A mindlessly QACing Pikachu will get wrecked at tournament, especially if they are using a predictable pattern. You actually have to think about where you are going and what reason you have for Quick Attack Canceling.

The learning curve for brawl is different than melee, but there are still stair steps to pro level. It's not like we only have two tiers of brawlers: pro and scrub.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
bwahahahaha if this was true Pikachu would be S tier :laugh: but seriously all most characters have to do is up tilt, Billy has proven this to me over and over and over.....did I mention I hate you Billy :(

Top Bottom