• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Purple

Hi guys!
I didn't say anything about beating him in brawl. I'm just wondering why he played with a character who's main strategy involves what he dislikes so much about the game and why he doesn't try to be different than everyone else in the game.
I don't understand it either.

it's funny, because two of the people you named out use characters because they can be aggro and free-flowing with those characters (biglou, and reflex).

I know for a fact biglou HATES camping hence why he goes luigi more often than snake. Even with snake he plays aggro though.

It sounds like you don't really want to change janitor, you just say these things to make yourself seem better than you are, but in the end, you're preaching to people just like you, or who the same things you do, and make the brawl community what it is.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey guys.

Stfu with this stuff.

Seriously.

Go back to talking about Pokemon or something.
Come on serin really? If you want a different conversation, this is the best way to do it.

Step 1) enter the previous conversation

step 2) Use your **** brain to find a conclusion

step 3) insert meaningful information about the conversation you want to be changed to.

Winnar

Smash Lord

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm not good at video games, i never have and i doubt i ever will be. my fingers are ********. i'm bad at pressing buttanz correctly. Also I choke under pressure. that's just how i am i guess. i doesn't have any bearing on my understanding of the game or my ability to tell when someone else sucks at the game.
I dont know how to advance a metagame, that's not my place. everything I know about any smash game is just something I copied from someone else. my place in the community is to just play a game and have fun.
no i am not on the same level as big lou or reflex obviously.
I am not good at Brawl, and I acknowledge that. but neither is anyone else. There's no way for me to get good. because I dont play any legitimately good people. Except George. and I can probably beat most Kirbys as a result. bc i got actually good practice.
usually when i play someone its some dude using some ******** strat that doesn't really help me learn anything about the game. and that dude will probably get 5th in the tournament andd think he's "good" at the game. Brawl is easier to play than other games. its no secret. the game makes you think you're good because you found some repetitive strat that seems to work against other scrubs.
and I would think thats all the game was if it weren't for people like biglou and reflex and leemartin and george and will etc. they take everything you think you know about the game and flip it upside down
Snake is a good characters but he's not nearly as good as he's made out to be. playing him requires more skill t han some other characters. snake requires a whole lot of prediction and pre-empting people. even against some scrubs, you still have to use your brain to defeat them. unlike some other characters where you can just throw stuff the whole match or press c stick the whole match. actually brawl in general requires that, but in general its not needed because everyone sucks.
but if i can 2-0 my entire pool using snakedash back and forth, why would I do anything else?

anyway, i play snake because i win more with snake. "play to win" is a mindset of a competitive community. Its a mindset brawl scrubs lack. they mainly complain about good characters rather than picking them up or learning how to beat them.
anyone who has been active in both the melee and brawl communities can tell the difference between the communities.
brawl players wan to ban everything they cant beat, they show up late to tournaments, they want special treatment in tournaments, they complain and argue about everything, and they, for the most part, don't really want to get good at the game, so much as do well in tournaments or get on a PR list (which are two different things). These are facts. well this is what i've seen.. and if you were in the Melee scene, you know that this kind of thing rarely occurred.

I might host another brawl tournament in ttown, with melee as the side tournament.
and you know what, if time/date isn't an issue, i bet melee players from across the region will come to play melee.

BRAWL PLAYERS WOULD NEVER DO THAT. if i held a melee tournament with a brawl side tournament, brawl players would never travel hours for that. and you ****ING know it. the reason is because it is not a legitimate competitive community that is excited to get better at the game or even have fun playing. its just a bunch of fairweather scrubs who want to get 5th at their local play and trade

if Chad goes to a huge melee tournament and doesn't make it out of pools, I doubt this makes him want to quit melee or makes him think he's not good. if anything, it makes him want to play more and get better.
brawl players are the opposite. they don't care about getting better,t hey just want some kind of accolades for flicking the C stick alot. you know how many brawl players have "quit" because they're not "as good as they want to be"?
if you've seen my sig, you'll know that i've given up on brawl becoming a respectable competitive community for a long time now.
But you haven't been paying attention if you're saying I've done nothing to try and help the community grow. During the early stages of the game, i was posting in every thread on this god ****ed website trying to figure out new strategies and discuss where the game was going. brawl scrubs, in the meantime, were practicing their infinites and trying to get metaknight banned. i take offense to the accusation that im 'preaching to myself"
People are still advancing the metagame if you pay attention. go to the Snake boards, they find new **** out every month. but none of these brawl players are really interested in getting good. They don't want to put the practice in. They're looking for quick go-to strats that'll get them 5th place at their local tournament.
obviously there are exceptions.
people like shaslam and Kola and elev8 and myself honestly who actually took the time to practice and have seen a ridiculous improvement as a result...will they continue to improve remains to be seen. But that's rare in this community.
if I go to another brawl tournament it will only be one where it is possible for me to win moneys in. or one that holds some sort of novelty, like MLG.
i still think the game's fun, even if its dead

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm going to rip this up real quick

i'm not good at video games, i never have and i doubt i ever will be.
These are the words that will make you a bad player forever.

my fingers are ********. i'm bad at pressing buttanz correctly. Also I choke under pressure.
For one, you don't have to be quick fingered in order to learn situations, granted it will take you a much longer time than some others to get to that point, however it can be achieved, you will just have to beat it into yourself. Choking under pressure is something you have to beat into yourself to NOT do. This is probably because you don't play many tournaments outside of AL.

that's just how i am i guess
correction, that's how you are nOW.

i doesn't have any bearing on my understanding of the game or my ability to tell when someone else sucks at the game.
Yes, it does. Does being a bad player get shut off when you're on the power rankings of a state? Does being a bad player get stopped when you get 5th in a tournament? Being a bad player is admitting that you can't go any further with your skill. Being a good player is learning from your mistakes, and constantly working towards another goal. At least in a sportsmanship sort of way. If you understood the game through and through, you could make your own strategies, it is obvious that you don't put enough thought into the game on your own, or discuss with others how to improve.

I dont know how to advance a metagame, that's not my place.
I don't understand why you're making so many excuses for yourself..

no i am not on the same level as big lou or reflex obviously.
By the way, what i was going to say to this answer was, since you aren't like biglou, reflex, or lee martin, you are still a scrub in your own right. Therefore you shouldn't be allowed to bash other scrubs.

I am not good at Brawl, and I acknowledge that. There's no way for me to get good. because I dont play any legitimately good people.
This starts with yourself, make some money, get a job, do your schoolwork, and train on the rest of the time you have available, even if it cuts into your hours. Use that money to go to tournaments out of state, reflex goes EVERYWHERE for experience, so does Biglou, so does lee martin. Why haven't you? Because you don't have enough drive, not because of all of these bull**** excuses.

Except George. and I can probably beat most Kirbys as a result. bc i got actually good practice.
All i see from this is you see the result of practice, however you still say you won't get good.

This should teach you to find more ways of practice.

usually when i play someone its some dude using some ******** strat that doesn't really help me learn anything about the game. and that dude will probably get 5th in the tournament andd think he's "good" at the game.
wait, he's using a strategy? He's using something he learned? Why don't you use something you learned? That person is skilled relatively considering the fact he was able to use his strategy to get to fifth place. It doesn't matter how ******** you think it is, his strategy is sound enough for top 5.

Brawl is easier to play than other games. its no secret. the game makes you think you're good because you found some repetitive strat that seems to work against other scrubs.
Then you find strategies to beat it, and you use those strategies, find out why that strategy is good, and where it can have weakpoints.

and I would think thats all the game was if it weren't for people like biglou and reflex and leemartin and george and will etc. they take everything you think you know about the game and flip it upside down
because they PRACTICE

Snake is a good characters but he's not nearly as good as he's made out to be. playing him requires more skill t han some other characters. snake requires a whole lot of prediction and pre-empting people. even against some scrubs, you still have to use your brain to defeat them. unlike some other characters where you can just throw stuff the whole match or press c stick the whole match.
you don't play those other characters, so is that really true information you're giving us? No, it's not, if that was the case, the best way to beat that is

lol

R button. Then punish.

but if i can 2-0 my entire pool using snakedash back and forth, why would I do anything else?
It's not just to win, it's to learn through other experiences.

anyway, i play snake because i win more with snake. "play to win" is a mindset of a competitive community. Its a mindset brawl scrubs lack

not true, they have the play to win strategy if they're winning high placings in tournaments like you just said.. You're contradicting.

they mainly complain about good characters rather than picking them up or learning how to beat them.
like you do when it comes to strategies?

anyone who has been active in both the melee and brawl communities can tell the difference between the communities.
the only real difference is their game. That's it.

brawl players wan to ban everything they cant beat, they show up late to tournaments, they want special treatment in tournaments, they complain and argue about everything, and they, for the most part, don't really want to get good at the game, so much as do well in tournaments or get on a PR list (which are two different things). These are facts. well this is what i've seen.. and if you were in the Melee scene, you know that this kind of thing rarely occurred.
Honestly, i don't even know why I'm still ripping apart these posts. Brawl players ask for things they want? Where is that a problem? From what I've seen from some melee players, they steal, lie, and take money from their other players. Should I say the whole community is like that? No, it's not. Don't base the community based on a few people that you see. Also, take a look at some of the things you said and see if they really are as bad as you say they are. I understand banning things all the time is too much, but we barely even do that except for MK. I mean what the **** dude, are you going to say that just because one thing was blown up large, that that's all the brawl community does?

I might host another brawl tournament in ttown, with melee as the side tournament.
and you know what, if time/date isn't an issue, i bet melee players from across the region will come to play melee.

BRAWL PLAYERS WOULD NEVER DO THAT. if i held a melee tournament with a brawl side tournament, brawl players would never travel hours for that.
not even going to comment.

brawl players are the opposite. they don't care about getting better,t hey just want some kind of accolades for flicking the C stick alot. you know how many brawl players have "quit" because they're not "as good as they want to be"?
just like you're quitting?

if you've seen my sig, you'll know that i've given up on brawl becoming a respectable competitive community for a long time now.
want to know why? Because we ca'nt respect people like YOU who give up!

. During the early stages of the game, i was posting in every thread on this god ****ed website trying to figure out new strategies and discuss where the game was going.
Not anymore, so obviously you are no help.

brawl scrubs, in the meantime, were practicing their infinites and trying to get metaknight banned.
didn't metaknight ban have 40% who didn't want?

and didn't BBR still force the MK ban not to happen?

Dude you're just making a bunch of excuses for yourself, and then bashing brawl 'scrubs' who are the exact same as you. How about you step it up man.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Cam, that's what I'm talking about.
You don't get better at brawl by spending 100 hrs on stupid tricks.
That's all this community does. let me muscle memory some gay tactic that most scrubs will not be able to get around.
Sure itll probably let your 2-0 your scrubby pool and get 5th place in your local tournament and make you think you're actually good. and im not talking about you in particular because i havent seen you play, but in reference to what you said.
but that's not how this game works.
That's the difference between big lou,reflex etc and the rest of us.

it was the same in melee. sure it was required to learn how to wavedash and l-cancel to compete at a high level. but as anyone who spend the thousand hours it took to learn those things knows, that was the easy part of melee. I learned to l-cancel and wavedash and still got beat by my scrubby friends. but that's not how any competitive game works.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Thank you! We finally get some explained reasons from you. I'm sorry that I raged at you but I was tired of the old line about the brawl community being a bunch of scrubs. I can't say I completely agree with your reasoning, but I appreciate a more direct explanation this time.

You do make one major point that we might want to address. Maybe we should just get rid of the PR completely. We don't really need it and it isn't usually accurate when a lot of players are inactive or just elect to not be on it like Dan has done TWICE.

I don't think brawl players want to ban everything, I think they want to ban Metaknight. And when they can't get him banned, they try to ban things that he uses like circle camping. I'm changed my vote from ban MK nationwide to undecided. I can see both sides, but Ally and ADHD have proved time and time again that even the best MK in the world is beatable with other characters.

I disagree with you about Snake; I think he is exactly as good as he is made out to be. You are right that it takes some more prediction, but he is **** at the higher levels of play. A match against Snake ends up being "what option will result in the least amount of damage?" Snake can do some really ridiculous things that make him really good. I'm not complaining; I'm just stating a fact. Jab -> first part of ftilt -> grab, for example is crazy good.

There is still a lot of potential in the community that I have seen. I would say some players have the attitude you mentioned, but a lot of players legitimately want to get better. I do see the fact that many people want on the PR has become a distraction from doing the best they can do. It's like if you only need to get an 82 on the math test to pass the class, so you don't study as hard.

I can't say that people quit because they aren't doing well necessarily. I know I quit because I hate travelling and because I wanted to focus on college. I'm not sure why Moogle quit. I know Mahg just can't go anywhere.

EDIT: Janitor, QAC isn't just a stupid trick. It takes a ****load of practice and is a versatile approach, retreat, and recovery. That's like saying L-cancelling in melee is just a stupid trick. Also, what happened to "play to win?" QAC also doesn't win you the game. It's a tool like tech skill that helps buffer the rest of my game. I haven't done any QAC lock infinites if that's what you mean. I actually despise that Pikachus came up with all of those.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
roxy you're making many assumptions about me that are inaccurate.
and you dont understand many of the points I'm making.
and you're not reading my post objectively, you came in already knowing what you were going to say before you even read it.
i would quote respond but, Alabama Thread goes nuts when people talk about stuff.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Looking back, I really don't understand how you are differentiating between gay tactics and legitimate strategies. I also don't know how you are reconciling that with your play to win attitude.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor, have you even played brawl in the last 4 or 5 months?
other than against george or something?

idk dude.
im not bashing you. i just wish you would play more because if you would then i would be able to.
if you even want to get better.
idk if you do or not.

i kind of do.
i am not really motivated until i get someone to play with more or wifi.
because i personally dont see how you guys practice on lvl 9 cpus and get good.

i just start following up on things and do like three claps in a row or something.

Purple

Hi guys!
roxy you're making many assumptions about me that are inaccurate.
and you dont understand many of the points I'm making.
and you're not reading my post objectively, you came in already knowing what you were going to say before you even read it.
i would quote respond but, Alabama Thread goes nuts when people talk about stuff.
nah, you see, i didn't come in here thinking something set. I came in here thinking

"i'm going to read what he says, and if he makes a good point, i'm going to give him props, if not, i'm going to set him straight"

a lot of your posts about yourself were excuses that you could've changed. Granted, it won't be easy, but you can change them.

what are your points? That melee is better than brawl? Therefore brawl sucks? melee has years more experience than brawl, and has seen a lot more than brawl. all the **** that we think is new, has probably happened to melee, and their gameplay is pretty set. Ours? Not so much.

Give it ten years, and see how it boils down.

Hell, you probably won't be in the community at that time.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Am I the only one that gets slightly offended whenever Janitor and Slam say they don't have practice with anyone good when me, Kola, and Cheap Peach are a short drive away?

Also, Slam, playing against LV9s isn't how you practice by yourself. What I do is just meditate on certain situations that commonly occur and what options would be best to handle those situations.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that gets slightly offended whenever Janitor and Slam say they don't have practice with anyone good when me, Kola, and Cheap Peach are a short drive away?
I'm offended every time janitor posts here

sometimes only a little

sometimes a lot

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Looking back, I really don't understand how you are differentiating between gay tactics and legitimate strategies. I also don't know how you are reconciling that with your play to win attitude.
Legitimate strategies are things that work on people like reflex and big lou, and most of us will never know what they are because the dumb **** we do now works on everyone because everyone sucks, and its good enough for us to get 5th place in our local tournaments so we're never going to figure out how to actually get good at the game.

whether or not you play to win has no bearing on whether or not you are actually good at the game.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Wavedashing and L-canceling does not take a thousand hours to learn please stop assuming things about Melee. It also does not take you past the level of beginner to learn these techniques.

Also you complain about brawlers not having a play to win mindset yet you're the one complaining about the things that win tournaments which is odd.

I play melee out of love for the game and the enjoyment I get from playing it. I don't improve because I want to I just play a lot because I love the game. My skill improving is only a side effect of that.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Also, Slam, playing against LV9s isn't how you practice by yourself. What I do is just meditate on certain situations that commonly occur and what options would be best to handle those situations.
i dont like saying names because you people get butthurt whenever someone says anything about you. I dont have anything against anyone at all but...

i dont know anything about Kola so i wont speak on him i havent played him one on one in ages.

i havent played you in a while, but from what I know, you play lucario and roll around. thats hard to beat because its frustrating and makes me lose patience, but i would not say that i learn anything about the game when i play you. i just chase you around the map the whole time. you do punch punch side-b like everyone else, chain grab, roll away when in trouble throw some fireballs and start over. you know, lucario stuff. When I fought lee martin's lucario, I felt like I was learning how to play the game. he was mindgaming me and predicting me and mostly wrecking my **** and challenging me to think about what to do next.

i havent played cheap in a while, but the last few times i played him, he had developed a pretty solid 'wall of pain' with peach, due mainly to the strengths of the character, but it was so formulaic that I could basically know what he was goign to do next. when i played cheap at tcs. literaally everytime he approached he pulled a turnip up first. every single time. even when i noticed this, and started dash attacking him everytime he did it. he kept doing it. turnip, float, spaced fair, jab or dsmash. or dair to space fair, or bair/nair. pretty much everytime. its a solid go-to strat but im not learning anything when i play it.

and im not saying its you guys' obligation to teach me anything about the game, but i'm just saying this is not why i dont jump to come and play all the time. you are both a challenge to face, but i dont think any of us are getting very much better by playing each other. we're just learning each other's go-to strategies.

im not trying to say I'm "better" than any of you, but i'm just saying, this is what the entire brawl community is with few exceptions. people finding success with go-to strategies but not actually learning the game. its what I do too. I dont know what else to do. I'm not good at developing a metagame. i mean occasionally we all show sparks of brilliance, like i remember some moments from one of zeros tournaments where he wrecked my sheik near the end of the set and it was impressive. and cheap usually updates his strategy against certain characters immediately after a tournament. so its not like im saying we all just blow at the game.

i mean maybe you guys dont do these things anymore, or maybe it was the pressures of tournament play, you tell me. but basically what i have learned when i play you, is how to deal better with your personal go-to strat. I dont feel i learn anything about the game in general, or even the matchup.

if you were already offended then this will probably offend you more, but im just being real.

George is the only person around here that I feel i get better after I play. i can't even describe how George plays. He just plays in the way that makes him win the current match. same for all good players. most brawl players you can pretty much yell out what they're going to do next. but due to the weird hitboxes and hurtboxes in this game, and due to the fact that everyone sucks, these strats work.

shrug.

@ Roxy, first lol @ brawl's competitive community lasting 10 years, secondly, i've been playing smash competively for like 5 years, thats well enough time to overcome a problem as simple as having bad fingers. I'm not making an excuse for myself, i am stating a fact, I have bad fingers. its just the way it is. some poeple have poor rhythm, some people are left handed, some people have poor vision, i have bad fingers.
I never said or implied that melee is better than brawl.

@ Cam, L-cancelling IS just a stupid trick. it helps if you spend all your time trying to perfect it, you will never actually get good at the game. maybe i misinterpreted what you were saying. it just sounded like you were saying 'OF COURSE IM TRYING TO GET BETTER LOOK HOW MUCH TIME I SPENT ON QAC!!!' when practicing QAC isn't making you better at the game, you're just learning a trick that is not going to take youv ery far on its own.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Janitor, I feel like you are downplaying people for their reputation than their skill. I ***** your Sheik because you did things that were incredibly predictable. When you threw needles, I shielded, when you jumped at me, I Fair'd. It wasn't a rare moment of brilliance, it was yet another dose of me beating you. Just because the solution is simple does not mean the player is being any any less complex than you let on.

Then again, I accept that I am not quite on the same level as Reflex and Lee Martin, but I know for sure that I am getting closer.

Also, I hate fighting George, we always end up on the last stock with ~150% with 1 minute on the clock. Whenever I fight him, I get frustrated that our tournament matches end in what seems like a coin toss.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Wavedashing and L-canceling does not take a thousand hours to learn please stop assuming things about Melee. It also does not take you past the level of beginner to learn these techniques.

Also you complain about brawlers not having a play to win mindset yet you're the one complaining about the things that win tournaments which is odd.

I play melee out of love for the game and the enjoyment I get from playing it. I don't improve because I want to I just play a lot because I love the game. My skill improving is only a side effect of that.
i disagree very heavily that wavedashing and l-cancelling don't take a very very long time to master. Months at the least, and years at the most. i'm not assuming, i played the game myself for several years and was involved in a community of people who played the game for several years.

theres a difference between "playing to win" and "playing to get 5th at my local play n trade"
these people dont actually win tournaments, because they don't actually improve. they learn what beats other scrubs and then practice the same strats over and over again against the same people.

and maybe thats how you are i shouldn't assume. but in general the competitive spirit is to want to be the best you can and wanting to destroy your opponents and to strive for it and to not be satisfied with 5th place. i saw it a lot when melee was kicking. I see it less (or at least a watered down version of it) nowadays.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Janitor, I feel like you are downplaying people for their reputation than their skill. I ***** your Sheik because you did things that were incredibly predictable. When you threw needles, I shielded, when you jumped at me, I Fair'd. It wasn't a rare moment of brilliance, it was yet another dose of me beating you. Just because the solution is simple does not mean the player is being any any less complex than you let on.

Then again, I accept that I am not quite on the same level as Reflex and Lee Martin, but I know for sure that I am getting closer.

Also, I hate fighting George, we always end up on the last stock with ~150% with 1 minute on the clock. Whenever I fight him, I get frustrated that our tournament matches end in what seems like a coin toss.
i dont want to go down this road because its just going to sound like i'm making excuses for myself. you wrecked my sheik the third match and by that point I was already frustrated because lucario frustrates me. im pretty sure the first two matches were closer. but thats a personal downfall that i've already admitted.
i wasnt really talking about the whole match when i said brilliance, there were just certain parts where you actually outsmarted me and taught me something about the game. mostly though it was just me not knowing the nature of lucario's ******** hitboxes and getting frustrated. Which is NOT AN EXCUSE. you keeping your composure and knowing your character made you the better player in the match. but what i am saying is that i did not learn much about the game from playing you.

one of my major complaints about brawl is that its mechanics don't make sense to me. what i see and what I think should happen aren't congruents. that's probably my biggest downfall in the game. and lucario is the biggest example of that. but thats a personal downfall that i would need to fix if i ever wanted to get good at the game, presumable. i dont jump in because i'm a predictable ******, I jump in because it looks like I should be able to hit you. but it hink im digressing

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The earlier matches were closer because I was still observing what you were doing. By the second round, I pretty much knew your Sheik from front to back (you should have gone Snake :() I don't think playing one mere tourny set is enough to extract some real knowledge. If you really wanted to learn the match-up you should have asked for friendlies. I do it all the time when I lose to insightful players or just when I want to get the feel of a match-up like when I asked Big Lou for friendlies at Auburn as opposed to just sticking with who I know. You're just being flat-out lazy when you are not initiated enough to go outside your comfort zone and get experience with other people.

Lucario is a frustrating character to everyone, it seems. What exactly is it that frustrates EVERYONE?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i disagree very heavily that wavedashing and l-cancelling don't take a very very long time to master. Months at the least, and years at the most.
it shouldnt take months(or years in my case) to master a skill that will only make you decent at some competitive fighter-.- granted it will take about that much time to actually be good at said game.

idk, i dont have much to say, some games just arent for some people(still i wanna get better cuz i like melee so much)

also, i only hate lucario via B+, in vB its not so bad

-Chad-

Slackerator
i disagree very heavily that wavedashing and l-cancelling don't take a very very long time to master. Months at the least, and years at the most. i'm not assuming, i played the game myself for several years and was involved in a community of people who played the game for several years.
Well then you're a very rare exception. I've never met a Melee player that could say that it took them years to master those techniques.

I mean seriously did it take you years to learn how to mortar slide with snake? It's not any more complex than that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lucario is a frustrating character to everyone, it seems. What exactly is it that frustrates EVERYONE?
The fact that I, without fail, will play you in any tournament we're both attending and you're the only guy who I've seen play him. The whole thing is fly by the seat of my pants because the stuff I remember working before isn't working anymore and Falco isn't exactly an uncommon character, so if you don't know the match-up, you had me fooled.

You're the only Lucario I really ever play and he's a character a lot of things don't work on. People who rely on the same couple of tricks to do anything will probably get wrecked, but then again, those people are probably going to be frustrated by any match past round one.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, let's see.

+Huge hitboxes (fsmash, fair, and dair; kind of uair, bair, and utilt)
+Arguably the best roll in the game
+The power of aura (This is a huge one. There are so many times when I feel like I am beating you, get you to a point where I have difficulty getting a kill, and suddenly after something like 3 hits, I go from 0% to 120%)
+Hard to approach in the air(fair, dair, nair, utilt, and roll)
+Hard to approach on the ground (fsmash has a huge hitbox with IASA frames, aura sphere, and roll)
+Difficult to outcamp (aura sphere is fast, roll gets him out of situations)
+Forces opponent to approach him
+Several strings that once started are hard to get out of (fair fair fair fair fair nair/dair)
-****ty recovery
-Floaty

At least that's my opinion.

Top Bottom