• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
fair enough. i guess this is where people start making fun of weather forecasters

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
LOL

THAT GUY'S WEATHER FORCAST LOOKS LIKE A ****!

IT REALLY DOES!

and lol bout the blizzard thing.

***!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
the only reason why i am posting so much is because i am back home.

when i move back up to my apartment i will be more busy and around friends and not just the internet.

but until june 1 you guys will have to deal with my double posts!@

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
peace out guys.

refer to the power rankings thread to see why i am leaving.

ill see you guys in another life when we are all cats.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
from now on im only posting in this god forsaken thread while drunk effective immediately

HEY
SLOW IT DOWN
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
at the library the other day, this kid was with his mom, and he had a little bracelet that said "Jesus Loves You, Smile."

Mom: where'd you get that?
kid: from home!
Mom: what did I tell you about all that Jesus crap?

LOL
OWNED

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
LOL ROY ISNT > MARRFFF!

i just figure... there is only so much you can talk about brawl.
honestly i got out everything that i could ever say about the game in the first couple months that i went to tourneys.
after that its like.

well yeah, thats still true.
yeah, this is still the same game we are talking about.

not that brawl is even discussed much in the AL thread. but i feel that way sometimes about smash community in general.

now as far as the AL thread...
idk dude.
im pretty bad at trolling.
i guess i could practice that more in here..
man in the alabama thread you can have a thirty seven page argument about how broken metaknight is. rife with dumb gifs and troll posts.

but try to have a serious conversation about any semi-debatable topic
the ****** train gets-a-chooing and shuts that **** down within 3 pages

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
GOD **** BRAWL ruined everything
now this whole board is full of *******s that dont know **** about a competitive community and get 5th in tournaments by spamming dumb techniques that other scrubs don't know how to get around
i can get 5th in most tournaments by just mortar sliding back and forth
this game appeals to ****ing scrubs
and scrubs destroy a ****ing community
so now we've got a bunch of 13 yr olds that get 5th in tournaments because they know how to press B a lot
talking **** to everyone like they know how to play a game
you dont know ****, you just chain grab across the screen bro. yeah good job, YOU'RE GOOD AT THIS GAME ahahah
oh sweet you ran away and threw stuff the whole time, you should go pro.

this game has been out like 2 years, and the gap between good and bad players is still the same. nobody ever got good at this game except like the same people that were already good to begin with

its just a bunch of 13 year old scrubs flicking the C stick at each other and getting 5th place in local tournaments. this ****s gay
THIS **** IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
**** this thread. Andy, <3.

Check out that smug *** grass starter. **** yeah. I don't really know what to think of the fire starter; it looks like it's wearing an improperly adjusted headband, gloves, and some trunks. The water starter looks like a ****ing snowman lewl.

Decent character designs for the first time in two Generations. Apparently they're NOT 10.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wow, all 3 of the starters look ugly

they'll never top the glory they reached with chimchar

G. Vice

Smash Lord
now this whole board is full of *******s that dont know **** about a competitive community and get 5th in tournaments by spamming dumb techniques that other scrubs don't know how to get around
so now we've got a bunch of 13 yr olds that get 5th in tournaments because they know how to press B a lot
you dont know ****, you just chain grab across the screen bro. yeah good job, YOU'RE GOOD AT THIS GAME ahahah

this game has been out like 2 years, and the gap between good and bad players is still the same. nobody ever got good at this game except like the same people that were already good to begin with

its just a bunch of 13 year old scrubs flicking the C stick at each other and getting 5th place in local tournaments. this ****s gay
Melee.

That is all.

Winnar

Smash Lord

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
@janitor:

“The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. [...]”
~Sirlin, http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html ~~How to Raise a Scrub into a Smasher, NEKO ARE NOW DIAMONDS

i am scrub; a major scrub. i ONLY play against my bro zero_gamer. everyone starts out as scrubs and i think MOST(not all) of the community is blind to the idea of acceptance.

my smash comm. in bama sometimes makes me feel like im not worth playing (even though zero holds all smashfests at MY apt) bc im no where near they're level(totally agree on the difference in levels). i play by myself (melee, now). i don't mind it though bc zero games with me occasionally and teaches me things.

lately ive been practicing with Dr. Mario; my timing on rolls and ability to get back on stage when thrown off is improving, and even though nobody sees it, im happy with it. i don't talk about smash bc everything i have to say is common knowledge and unecessary. when i have a character question i just go to discussion or look it up somewhere else, it's a shame that i feel like im shut out sometimes bc im a scrub.

i think Neko wrote it best:
*beware, he's about brawl but the point is one in the same*
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233641

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill play with you MLE

ill play with anyone

i play with scrubs everyday.

i never get to play with people in the community anymore that are good.

except im not in montevallo for a while.

oh well.

next tourney just ask me for friendlies or something.

-Chad-

Slackerator

what if what if what iffffffff

the things you listed as scrub techniques were actually really good strats in that game :x

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
he has a point.

too many little kids play brawl though.

which basically means that socially, the community sucks now.
and it does.
you cant argue with that ****.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.< all but Serin and Derp are under the age of 17 in our smash community now.

;D and I turn 18 this summer. **** yea

Purple

Hi guys!
wtf, I can't even understand where you went HeatStroke.
wtf, I can't even understand the past 20 or so posts.

Is English really that hard for people?
biglou, lee martin, and reflex are one of the best of their character, is it really going to work on people who have seen the basics of every high (top) tier and know how to fight against it?

i forgot 'fight' in the sentence. Man, one word REALLY threw yo uoff there.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
biglou, lee martin, and reflex are one of the best of their character, is it really going to work on people who have seen the basics of every high (top) tier and know how to fight against it?

i forgot 'fight' in the sentence. Man, one word REALLY threw yo uoff there.
wow, I really got thrown off there, lol.

Usually, when I make a mistake in my posts I edit them, but whatevs.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol shut up I suck at every game that isn't smash, and I'm only decent in that one.

This summer, you're having LEARN 2 PLAY 2D FIGHTER Camp. <.< and I'll be there every day that I'm in Vestavia.

Oh and we'll be there early June huzzah.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'll be up for teaching you how to play Blazblue/SSFIV, Kola, if you're serious about learning. I can teach you other games, but I doubt there is much of a scene for TvC/Arcana Heart and I'm not good enough at Tekken 6 and Melty Blood to be a good teacher for those.

Man, Sagat hits like a little girl now.

Top Bottom