• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok kola, you patched it correctly. You just have to open up config123 in notepad, and scroll down to Path= then input where it is on your pc (example-path=C:\Users\sarah\Desktop\Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - Copy)

Should work fine then.

Also... WOOOoooo I'm Her-Chan!
xD lol did I sign in on your computer?

Anyway erm.....>.< still not luck. I even moved it to the desktop to see if it would help.

Edit: Nevermind, the thing is that you have to use the path leading to 10.5 instead of 12.3.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
1. Chad
2. moogle
3. j00t
4. Ragnarock
5. Mslano

not enough melee players to have a 10 person PR

sup AL *unsubscribes again*
I play melee, yo. And I'm getting much much better.
I'm moving to Alabama in like 3 months but I don't play much melee like i used to so I'll be like around 12th place or something. :p
What part? It better be Montgomery so we can play more e_e
lol jamaal sux
^

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
xD lol did I sign in on your computer?

Anyway erm.....>.< still not luck. I even moved it to the desktop to see if it would help.

Edit: Nevermind, the thing is that you have to use the path leading to 10.5 instead of 12.3.
o.o...

and when you english patch, you gotta path to 12.3.

anyways, whats that song again?

also, orange yoshi plz.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm terribad at Touhou. I still have it on my computer, but I didn't have the patch, so I stopped playing it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I still can't get the English patch to work, like, at all.

And I think I'm missing 2 characters.

I mean, I have the English version available, but it won't let me run it because it says I need to update to 1.10 and the update won't work.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Did you get it out of the folder it extracted too? <.<;; it didn't automatically transfer to my Touhou folder when I extracted it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Gah! I DON'T KNOW

Someone's going to have to come over and show me.

btw, is Janitor still considering a TCS in June or do I have the green-light for a tournament? If so, what would be a good date for y'all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
bah you poor soul

Well for the time being download Avast so we can fix that uber slow computer problem of yours. <.<;; I guess Matt and I will help out with the Touhou problem if we stop by on Friday.

If it's going to be in June make a date and thread asap. <.< More time to prepare means more people.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5mfiqix5qc

Results screen one right?

Or did you mean by the menu music?

Oh and I wanna play someone in Touhou :D
yep, the results screen, o.o

will prolly be on hamachi tonight when i get home from school, do you have MSN?

and zero, if 2 chars are missing then you may have to unlock them, do you know whose missing?
also patches are on gensokyo.org if you need them

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm alright.

Oh and Jason or Matt. xD I have a friend that's rather interested in that manga we read Saturday morning. Anyone remember the name to it?

Edit: And Matt where did you go to watch that anime with the sword masters?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok. i hate this.

im really thinking about quitting smash if i cant get wifi.

how do you guys get better? you just show up to the tourney and insta learn?
what?
i can not benefit from a smashfest once a week.
i can not benefit by playing level 9 cpus.
how do i get good at this game without wifi?

this sucks.
what do you guys do?
watch videos?
that doesnt work for me.
i need some way to practice in my own time because i really want to get REALLY good at brawl.
i dont want to be mediocre.
but there is honestly NO WAY at all without wifi.
please just man up and tell me what to do or how to make an imaginary smash friend appear that i can train with?
this is ******** and i hate that my smash career has been dictated by a screwed up internet for the past year and if something doesnt happen where i can actually go somewhere or do something to get better than beleive me i am going to quit because going to tournaments and not feeling at the top of my game is a waste of time and money and i do not enjoy it one bit.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
maybe i will just have to throw away more money and drive to ****ing vestavia.
that is just stupid though.
i shouldnt have to waste money to get good at a game...
I WANT ****ING INTERNET!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
**** you guys.
someone tell me how to make my wifi connect to my wii.
error codes just keep coming up every connection test i do.

i think the wii uses B instead of G so i think i need to log into my router and change it to mixed mode G/B but i honestly have no clue what to do about this because
1. i have a wii
2. i have smash
3. i have wifi

why does this still not work?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok first of all:

Wifi doesn't help me anymore. I get better by just having time off and refreshing my mindset when I play offline. Plus my character would only get worse if I keep playing on wifi which is why I'm retiring my Marth. I'll probably just use Ike for testing out my music swaps and see if it gets me excited or not.

As far as connecting to wifi goes, as long as you go to wii settings/internet/new connection and if it goes through then it should be fine. The only problem I've ever had was if router had a pass on it that I didn't know of.
:l if it's something outside of that I really have no idea.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
if you can't benefit from playing once a week, you're not playing with the correct mindset.
unless you're just playing scrubs every week.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I would say find out who is living near you to begin with and work from there. I have traveled hours just to a smash fest and play anyone who is willing to improve.

No matter how good or bad your opponent is, if they want to improve you will get something out of it.

Purple

Hi guys!
**** you guys.
someone tell me how to make my wifi connect to my wii.
error codes just keep coming up every connection test i do.

i think the wii uses B instead of G so i think i need to log into my router and change it to mixed mode G/B but i honestly have no clue what to do about this because
1. i have a wii
2. i have smash
3. i have wifi

why does this still not work?
btw shaslam. make sure the settings for your wii are correct (WEP key, w/e)

are you doing wireless or wired? :|...

also if you figure out your wifi, i will play you all day.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i am doing wireless.

yeah i have tried every combination of every address and password and all that.

i dont think that me not being able to benefit from playing once a week has anything to do with my mindset. i think it is just not enough practice for me.it's like working out once a week. i think i am the type of person who needs a strong daily schedule to improve as immensely as i want to. maybe i would get better. idk. i guess i am a slow learner. or... just hardheaded. or... something like that.

i honestly have no idea why my wifi is not working.

and at home i find it much easier to just concentrate soley on the game itself and see things. with other people it usually just results in messing around or something. idk. all the smashfests ive been to havent really been serious.. and that kind of sucks.

i also smoke alot of weed. maybe that has something to do with my memory thing. lol

yeah, i would really sit down and play someone all day if i got the chance to.
i literally begged janitor to play me for like 3 months straight one time..
and it didnt happen.
so yeah.
i have the will to improve.
i always have.

idk if i should even go to the montgomery tournament.
i wont have any practice beforehand.
at tournaments, by the end of the day, i am just feeling like i am getting the hang of things again.
i go through the entire brackets and friendlies not knowing what the **** im really doing.
and yeah, i am alright.
but really, there was a time where i was almost 100% sure that i could win a set against anyone in AL and actually anyone for that matter.
of course i didnt.
but i was well on my way to becoming a very good player and at least saw all of the mistakes i would make against good players.

i felt like i knew the game like the back of my hand.
i do not understand how i could ever feel that way again unless i could practice very often.
i dont understand how to become THAT familiar with a game by only playing it once a week.
maybe sleepy is just smarter than me.
/johnss

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i also feel like getting to play big name people on wifi helps.
when i am playing them i am sure that i am learning the absolute best things to do and it boosts my confidence in the game alot.
i am always unsure if my success is just my opponents inability to punish my stupid shenanigans.
and i never get that feeling when i know the person is an absolute BEAST at the game.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
who are you playing against? there's a certain limit of improvement you can reach playing the same people everytime unless they're a national player lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
right now?
the past 6 months or so?

i have been playing against casual players and lvl 9 cpus :/

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Get with Serin? But I feel your pain. I was static for half a year after M3T went to Auburn for college. Finding Rag and being able to play with him once a week has helped me soooooooo **** much. But then again, he plays MK, Snake, Diddy, and Wario so I get to see more than one thing.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Wanna know how Madison crew does it? We have a 15 person group of serious and casual smashers that get together like every other day during the summer and play brawl for hours.

Madison is serious business training grounds.

Top Bottom