• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That would be like Ganon dairing a recovering Snake 3 times.

Hmm...
Or Ganon doing a Forward-B just off the ground, causing a ridiculous-looking spike to a Meta Knight who is on the ledge and leaving Ganon on the stage to pretend that he's a good character.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Remember Evo when CPU spot dodged Ken's Final Smash? Remember how much hype the evo felt about that? Let's say that is more justified then uptilting being exciting. I would understand if it is like foward b to foward b to forward b or something cause that would be hilarious. But this is an uptilt.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but ****, freaking uptilting tornados. What's next? Foward airing through a glide attack?
Have you ever u-tilted through a mach tornado backwards as bowser for the kill in a tournament match? Besides, you're ignoring like 3/4 of the reason we're so hyped about it.

It was an intense match which was being watched anxiously by the majority of the people at TCS5. We were all pulling for our hero and underdog, Scourge, but none of us made a sound during the matches because no one wanted to ruin Scourge's concentration. He had surprised us many times that day, and many times in his matches against Munkus. He had been doing fairly unorthodox things, and to see them working was building the hype more and more. Then Munkus gets a kill on Scourge and starts camping the ledge or something. Scourge drops down from the angel platform walks over, waits for Munkus's tornado, and u-tilts backwards through it for the kill. I yell "GET THAT WEAK SHIT...OUTTA HERE" and the match continues.

So yeah if you ignore all that and just say "Oh wow I guess he hit him out of tornado whoop de doo" then it might not be terribly exciting. It was one of those "you had to be there" matches.

And I'd imagine it would help if you didn't have a predisposition to trying to find reasons why Brawl is boring.

I don't know why I even typed all this out, I know I'm just going to get a troll response ._.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
So yeah if you ignore all that and just say "Oh wow I guess he hit him out of tornado whoop de doo" then it might not be terribly exciting. It was one of those "you had to be there" matches.
If I had to be there then it is not hype material just you being hype in general about the match like if I see darkrain knee m2k out of his Sheik nair that wouldn't really be that hype but I would be anyway cause well I would be excited about the match. There isn't really a reason to continue this cause this is subjective really.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Camping the ledge makes it sound sinister. I always go to the ledge to wait out invincibility frames then get back on the stage.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I don't know why I even typed all this out, I know I'm just going to get a troll response ._.
Am I good or am I good?

Okay so maybe it wasn't a troll response but I didn't get an excited YES BROWN SCOURGE IS HERO so whateeeeeeever. <--- the tired talking

Also munkus I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound sinister or anything, when I think of camping the ledge while your opponent has invincibility I think it's just smart play. But then maybe that's just the melee talking.

Gah are those videos uploaded yet so I can go to bed already?

Oh wait yeah I guess they are. Goodnight dudes, I'll have the final Doubles Grand Finals set up tomorrow morning as well as the random tournament grand finals (I think those were the only random tourney finals that got recorded)

And then come allllll the requests!

Whyyyyy are there so many matches whyyyyyy

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You are such a girl.

Ganondorf would take the invincibility like a man instead of running away.
Gannondorf would take the Bowser invincibility frames like a little girl and get reamed.

Koopa don't **** around, son. Cept with peach. He ****s around with her erry day.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
You guys are too good, I'll miss out on a couple of pages, come back, read random short posts and lmao(<-- verb wtf).

and it's cool to find KH fans, it sparked my interest again and I'm playing through the whole series. I just sealed the keyhole in Atlantis and I'm now heading to Neverland, then back to Olympus. Finish that then I'll be playing CoM(cardswut) and KH2(meh).

Also, anyone ever watch Clannad?

moogle

Smash Ace
I doubt i can make it tomorrow but ill totally be there next week. Find out the street name and apartment number and whatnot and ill make it
I might be interested in going to huntsville also. Pass the address over my way whenever someone can get it.
Also, Thursday Huntsville smash is sounding pretty good... depending if my guild kills Yogg-Saron tonight <_<
It could happen~. I'll send my address and stuff to you, Brown Scourge and Xeedoc. I trust you can find the way here, Duchock.

You out-of-town peoples should coordinate if you want to come up this Thursday or next Thursday or whenever.

Oh yeah... smashfests... show up 5pm or later.

p.s.
Anybody From AL coming to pensacola next week for our tourney?(BI4c)
Ahhh.... deep down in my heart I want to go down to North FL and visit Rice and everyone. Then I also remember Pensacola is 6 hours from Huntsville. >_< Do people want to go? (and is there anyone I can ride with? :)) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233803

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try to make it to every tourney thats an hour away from me now... I just need to convince my parents to let me go.

Also I was playing Nazi Zombies at Shi no Numa and this guy...named Will_ was in the room... Will_... you might need to go kick some *** for your name

Winnar

Smash Lord
Still waiting on this Brown Scourge video to revive my hope for The Booze in Brawl.
Priorities and patience, please.

I'm trying to get up finals videos first, then there are so many requested videos...ugh

Scourge is of course one of the first ones after I get all the finals up.

Seriously I don't think you guys understand how much time it takes to post this many videos. It's been probably 10 hours getting what's up up.

It'll probably be another 5 before I'm finished. :|

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Priorities and patience, please.

I'm trying to get up finals videos first, then there are so many requested videos...ugh

Scourge is of course one of the first ones after I get all the finals up.

Seriously I don't think you guys understand how much time it takes to post this many videos. It's been probably 10 hours getting what's up up.

It'll probably be another 5 before I'm finished. :|
We are so grateful to you, sir.

I hope you saved our doubles matches. They were epic and I never get recorded:grin:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a question for anyone that has played Brawl out of state past AL/TN.

How does Alabama competition stack up with the rest of the U.S.? The rest of the Atlantic South?

I'm genuinely interested in traveling around just to get my butt handed to me by some other regions. I think it'd be a great experience. The only thing I have to go by to see who's good and whatnot is youtube. It seems that select parts of the Atlantic North **** the most. Cali/Texas/Michigan/Florida are particularly good states as well. It seems that the most populous ones are good. >_>

Really, I'm just interested in seeing how we'd fair in other states and how they'd do coming down here. The only tournaments AL has lost in AL I think was Biglou winning TCSV and Kismet winning the last Gamebox (and then if Reflex would like to consider himself a part of Georgia, I believe he's won a couple times. :3). And we always win Game Galaxy in TN, no matter how many of us show up, haha.

Thoughts?

And Winnar, I watched a bunch of those last night, haha. I wish I could have been there.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

How does Alabama competition stack up with the rest of the U.S.? The rest of the Atlantic South?

I'm genuinely interested in traveling around just to get my butt handed to me by some other regions. I think it'd be a great experience. The only thing I have to go by to see who's good and whatnot is youtube. It seems that select parts of the Atlantic North **** the most. Cali/Texas/Michigan/Florida are particularly good states as well. It seems that the most populous ones are good. >_>

Really, I'm just interested in seeing how we'd fair in other states and how they'd do coming down here. The only tournaments AL has lost in AL I think was Biglou winning TCSV and Kismet winning the last Gamebox (and then if Reflex would like to consider himself a part of Georgia, I believe he's won a couple times. :3). And we always win Game Galaxy in TN, no matter how many of us show up, haha.

Thoughts?

And Winnar, I watched a bunch of those last night, haha. I wish I could have been there.
Let's do it. I'm all for it. OoS ROOOADTRIIIIIP

Does Reflex consider himself part of Georgia?
I consider Alabama and Georgia to be the same state. I spend too much time in both on a regular basis.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So cute boyfriend has turned into cute ex-boyfriend.

Anyone driving to Huntsville wanna give me a ride... and maybe some sorrow gummi bears?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
no one even knew who scourge was and yet he STILL showed up to every tounamnet in AL for the past year or so.
and recently was the first time he did good so i wanted to recongize him ALOT for it.

i wouldnt have that much dedication. to not know anyone in AL smash but still go to every tournament for a year....

and really... why are you guys getting pissed about it? im just happy for him.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So cute boyfriend has turned into cute ex-boyfriend.

Anyone driving to Huntsville wanna give me a ride... and maybe some sorrow gummi bears?
Gummi bears would be common courtesy; you gave them out when I was in a GOOD mood. I'll have to buy you a bag just for you the next time I see you. D:

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
no one even knew who scourge was and yet he STILL showed up to every tounamnet in AL for the past year or so.
and recently was the first time he did good so i wanted to recongize him ALOT for it.

i wouldnt have that much dedication. to not know anyone in AL smash but still go to every tournament for a year....

and really... why are you guys getting pissed about it? im just happy for him.
More than that, he stuck with Bowser after all that. Bravo for dedication.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman

Louisiana got ***** when they came here. Just too much Kismet and Reflex.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Probably not making it to Huntsville tonight. I ended up covering for someone's shift, and I got less than two hours of sleep.

j00t

Smash Champion
gah, I can't wait for tonight

frickin' KIRBY'S AVALANCHE. Will_, you better be there! >:3

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've kept up with Scourge for the past 2 AL tournies I've been to with him and friendlied him in all 3 of these tournies. I wouldn't describe myself hyped over him as I would proud of him. I respect him a lot for sticking it through and through.

Sawnik

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If the AL crew wants to go OOS, lemme know. If Winnar wants to go, count me down.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Sweeeeeet. I'm heading over straight from class. Andy's apartment is less than five minutes away from campus, uh hum. :O

Btw, isn't DaBomb in Huntsville now? Why isn't he coming to smashfests!!?? EXPLANATION!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but ****, freaking uptilting tornados. What's next? Foward airing through a glide attack?
sigh.
if you dont enjoy/participate in a game/activity. obv you're not going to understand why ppl think some things are exciting.

In general, anything that happens almost never is pretty interesting when it actually does happen.

Most of you guys probably don't jump out of your chair when Doyle Brunson wins the WSOP with two-ten offsuit, but I do because I play poker and I understand why that's amazing.

A ****ing Bowser player defeating the most overpowered and high priority move in the game FOR THE KILL on the most overpowered character in the game is amazing.

(forward airing through a glide attack would also be pretty sick)

lol in the first place @ telling people that what they think is exciting isn't really exciting

UR OPINIONS R RONG

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Thoughts?

TN is fairly weak, LA is fairly weak besides like 3 ppl. GA is weak besides kismet and lou and
maybe desu but i haven't played him or seen him play in like a year
MS pretty much doesn't have a scene.
TX seems to be pretty good, and FL has a few of the best in the country.
AL is second to FL in the atl south imo OVERALL like if there was a 10 man crew battle in ATL south honestly i think only FL could beat us.

i have a theory that east coast is mostly weak but they all play MK so they win a lot. but no idea i've never been up there

just from speculation and a pretty exaggerated stretch of the law of syllogism, Reflex seems to at least find Will_ a challenge, and Will_ seems to find George a challenge...but Reflex made it seem liek people like ChuDat and Azen were no sweat for him...and even will and george fought them i believe a little and didn't make them out to be like super beastly or anything...which makes me think that Will and George could probably take those people on...and they're supposed to be among the best in their region.

East Coast probably dominates though just because they ahve like 8 tournies every weekend, and several of the best in the world regularly attend them...but AL is a really strong state...and our talent is spread more evenly than some other states like e.g LA has like 3 amazing players, and then everyone else is blah...a

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
also...i would totally draw the t-shirt for you

and i thought cafepress only charges like 17 bucks for a t-shirt and you can order than one at a time

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't look like I'mma make it to Huntsville today. But maybe next time. And bring Puyo Puyo again too.

Top Bottom