• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
George and I could hang with Lain/Anther as well as Chu/Azen. Vs. Lain/Anther we took it to round 3 last stock only lain , and we got Chu/Azen down to last stock only Chu. Mostly because George is amazing, he took on Lain/Anther by himself and Lain had two stocks left.

And I'll have to make the next fest, sry guys. :[ My folks just reminded me I promised I'd get my class schedule straighted out for next semester before the next smash event.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
As far as how AL ranks with other states, I can say that Texas is pretty crazy. I've personally only fought PhantomX (We Brawled a good bit last semester.), Hylian, and Espy. All three are ridiculously good at the game, and they're not even top 5 in the state. Out of all the ranked players in LA, I've only fought r0ni so far, and I took his MK to his last life with high damage both times with PT. Just out of watching their matches, I'd say Lee (obviously) and Cyphus are the two solid Brawlers in the state. I'd say that the aforementioned guys would match up well with Reflex, Will_, and George. Although I haven't personally fought DanGR or seen much of his videos, the bit I have seen of him leads me to think he'd do well, too.

So in conclusion, Alabama needs to come to HOBO 18.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
For the record: last smash placings

1. Reflex(AL)
2. Kismet(GA)
3. Lee Martin(LA)
4. Cyphus(LA)
5. BigLou(GA)
other5. ???

IMO GA/AL's top players are really really good, but we scrubs need to step it up a notch. :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lee martin is pretty much a monster
cyphus is also beastly

i dont really know how our players that aren't reflex would do against them.

reflex pretty much wrecked lee at Last..but lee refused to play MK so I dunno

Maybe George should pretend that he's fighting two people at all times

@mahg...what is your parents reasoning for not letting you go?

I wish I was good at this game

@ kalm srsly just go work at waffle house or something they're always hiring and they dont pay alot but you can work like 60 hours a week to make up for it. DO WAT U GAT 2 DO

Winnar

Smash Lord
TN is fairly weak, LA is fairly weak besides like 3 ppl. GA is weak besides kismet and lou and
maybe desu but i haven't played him or seen him play in like a year
MS pretty much doesn't have a scene.
TX seems to be pretty good, and FL has a few of the best in the country.
AL is second to FL in the atl south imo OVERALL like if there was a 10 man crew battle in ATL south honestly i think only FL could beat us.

i have a theory that east coast is mostly weak but they all play MK so they win a lot. but no idea i've never been up there

just from speculation and a pretty exaggerated stretch of the law of syllogism, Reflex seems to at least find Will_ a challenge, and Will_ seems to find George a challenge...but Reflex made it seem liek people like ChuDat and Azen were no sweat for him...and even will and george fought them i believe a little and didn't make them out to be like super beastly or anything...which makes me think that Will and George could probably take those people on...and they're supposed to be among the best in their region.

East Coast probably dominates though just because they ahve like 8 tournies every weekend, and several of the best in the world regularly attend them...but AL is a really strong state...and our talent is spread more evenly than some other states like e.g LA has like 3 amazing players, and then everyone else is blah...a
Don't count East Coast out ever.

Like...ever. I used to live there, so I can vouch for why people say EC is the best in the nation. The average player there is like...really good. It's been a while since I've played them but just trust me, if you ever underestimate any of them then you will regret it.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
TN is fairly weak, LA is fairly weak besides like 3 ppl. GA is weak besides kismet and lou and
maybe desu but i haven't played him or seen him play in like a year
D:

lol jk

AL is second to FL in the atl south imo OVERALL like if there was a 10 man crew battle in ATL south honestly i think only FL could beat us.
Hmmm GA vs AL crew battle? ;)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, Zomb, Rayku and Desu are legit. GA smashers meet up and train pretty often, imo they're as tough a state as AL.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Professional Smasher Will Underscore

I request a telling of a story as to why you are named Will Underscore -- I have heard your name is not even Will.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Zomb, Rayku and Desu are legit. GA smashers meet up and train pretty often, imo they're as tough a state as AL.
Darnit Will, why did you not come again? For some lame school thing?

Next week. Kirby's Avalanche. Or Munkus is throwing some Brawl***fest this Saturday, maybe we can go there and play Avalanche all day.

Or Brawl.

/sigh

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely up for the smashfest saturday if he's holding it. I'll bring melee.

his name is actually Steve
Steve underscore didn't have as much ring to it.

lol nah my name is William. I just wanted Will but it was already taken on SWF, so I just added an underscore. At my first smashfest in huntsville I was greeted with "Hey, it's Will underscore!" and it stuck whether I liked it or not.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So in conclusion, Alabama needs to come to HOBO 18.
The last thing I'd wanna do before practicing the Metaknight matchup a lot would be to go to any of the HOBOs. I'm glad I'm getting the chance to play Munkus more though, now that he comes to Andy's smashfests more often. :3

his name is actually Steve
That's a bit awkward.

-------

Oh, everyone. I forgot to mention. I was selected to be a "Discussion Leader". There's one for each character board, I believe. (Me for Oli) We're going to do a lot of things in the future once we get organized... Anyways, I wanna point out how it may concern you. :3

Part of the description of a DL is to represent the SWF community in its concerns about the forum. So if you've got any suggestions on how to improve the site, the forums, the character boards, your searching/chatting/viewing experience, or you want to complain about the way anything is run/set up, or ANYTHING, just send me a pm or address it in this thread, and I'll try to point it out to the staff.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Steve underscore didn't have as much ring to it.

lol nah my name is William. I just wanted Will but it was already taken on SWF, so I just added an underscore. At my first smashfest in huntsville I was greeted with "Hey, it's Will underscore!" and it stuck whether I liked it or not.
ahhh

and immediately after that first smashfest it became Professional Smasher Will Underscore! I see!

j00t

Smash Champion
The last thing I'd wanna do before practicing the Metaknight matchup a lot would be to go to any of the HOBOs. I'm glad I'm getting the chance to play Munkus more though, now that he comes to Andy's smashfests more often. :3

That's a bit awkward.

-------

Oh, everyone. I forgot to mention. I was selected to be a "Discussion Leader". There's one for each character board, I believe. (Me for Oli) We're going to do a lot of things in the future once we get organized... Anyways, I wanna point out how it may concern you. :3

Part of the description of a DL is to represent the SWF community in its concerns about the forum. So if you've got any suggestions on how to improve the site, the forums, the character boards, your searching/chatting/viewing experience, or you want to complain about the way anything is run/set up, or ANYTHING, just send me a pm or address it in this thread, and I'll try to point it out to the staff.
Congrats! That actually sounds like a big undertaking.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHyhdtucFo&fmt=18

I watched this video like 18 times for some reason... it gets boring after the second view

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ah but DanGR, MK is always banned at HOBO because Xyro hates him. :p

Interesting, Will_; I always wondered why you picked that name. XD

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
will... seriously... did you just randomluy come to gamebox and place first?
you came out of nowhere. how did you get so good beforehand? seriously. i asked this before but you ignored me.

correct me if im wrong about any of these assumptions but its what ive heard.
oh also, im going to an art college and taking art classes so i feel i should be able to design shirts if i wanted.

although im more of a performing artist and not so much on the visual side.
i dance.
play music in bands.
sing.
use to do poetry.

and on the visual side i.... kinda draw sometimes.... lol

why am i rambling?
because im hungover and dont wanna stop rambling and get up and actually do something today :/

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Will randomly came to a gamebox and placed third. For your introduction to the smashscene, that's hard to beat.

The next tourney he won first without breaking a sweat.

Also, I am thinking about having a brawlfest at my house on saturday, but I lack wii's/brawl copies/TVs. I have two TVs in my basement, but I only have the one wii with a copy of brawl.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
is t1j trying to troll us with his EC comment then bringing up chu dat and azen?

Majist

Smash Journeyman

I watched this video like 18 times for some reason... it gets boring after the second view
This NEVER gets boring! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkq3S3Xdyc

Edit:

Okay, i posted this in the abortion thread, but nobody goes there ever, and this is just so cool to me, so here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMyDCAhpQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFjJ5Q8QTU

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Will randomly came to a gamebox and placed third. For your introduction to the smashscene, that's hard to beat.

The next tourney he won first without breaking a sweat.
Pretty sure his first tourney was the first one at that place in downtown Bham. Pr0t0 and I beat Will_'s team in doubles (george and duchok got 1st) and then Will_ beat pr0t0 in the singles grand finals.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Why, thank you. :) I just hope that I can contribute in some way or form.

And the video, haha. What an idiot.

Ah but DanGR, MK is always banned at HOBO because Xyro hates him. :p
I thought he was going to alternate between banning MK at his tourneys and keeping him in. At least that's what I read in the tourney thread after I think... WHOBO? The one where 7 of top 8 used MK.

oh also, im going to an art college and taking art classes so i feel i should be able to design shirts if i wanted.

although im more of a performing artist and not so much on the visual side.
i dance.
play music in bands.
sing.
use to do poetry.

and on the visual side i.... kinda draw sometimes.... lol
That's pretty cool, actually.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Pwqoxv9dk&feature=related
<3

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Unanimously decided:

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. George
4. Elev8
5. Moogle

Disputed by one panelist:

6. Munkus – 18

Disputed by one or more panelist:

7. Nice1 – 16
8. T1J – 12
9. Mahg – 10
10. TheBrownScourge – 2
(Tie) 11. Nu – 1
(Tie) 11. Cheap - 1

4 panelists were used in this list

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I thought he was going to alternate between banning MK at his tourneys and keeping him in. At least that's what I read in the tourney thread after I think... WHOBO? The one where 7 of top 8 used MK.
Yeah, that was WHOBO. To my knowledge, HOBO has been banning MK as of late. Pretty sure he got pressured into lifting that for WHOBO, though, haha. I'll look into some more.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unanimously decided:

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. George
4. Elev8
5. Moogle

Disputed by one panelist:

6. Munkus – 18

Disputed by one or more panelist:

7. Nice1 – 16
8. T1J – 12
9. Mahg – 10
10. TheBrownScourge – 2
(Tie) 11. Nu – 1
(Tie) 11. Cheap - 1

4 panelists were used in this list
I just wanna know who put Mahg and Scourge on the list. You guys have to look at the big picture. Mahg has been to like... 1 tourney in the past 6 months? Scourge got 7th at this 1 tourney? He hasn't done good enough at the others to round it out.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I just wanna know who put Mahg and Scourge on the list. You guys have to look at the big picture. Mahg has been to like... 1 tourney in the past 6 months? Scourge got 7th at this 1 tourney? He hasn't done good enough at the others to round it out.
THIS IS elev8

DITTO

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Panelist names plox.
George, Will, Munkus, Moogle

Limited it to 4 people. I PM'd you about it, but you bloody didn't answer it, so I just took your rankings from the thread Will_ showed me.

EDIT: Scourge was on two lists. Nu and Cheap were on one list each.

moogle

Smash Ace
*sits back and watches the fireworks*

p.s. I heard that DanGR wants to be back on the list?

p.p.s. actually.... munkus, it would probably be better if you hadn't gone with this "renegade" list. We're already having drama with who is actually on the power rankings panel, as well as the #10 slot on the PR.

p.p.p.s. it might be better to go back to everyone-can-be-a-panelist.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
pee pee, s.

<3 moogle.

THE JIG IS UP
THE NEWS IS OUT
THEY FINALLY FOUND ME
THE RENEGADE
WHO HAD IT MADE
RETRIEVED FOR A BOUNTY

moogle

Smash Ace
pee pee, s.

<3 moogle.

THE JIG IS UP
THE NEWS IS OUT
THEY FINALLY FOUND ME
THE RENEGADE
WHO HAD IT MADE
RETRIEVED FOR A BOUNTY
Ya, I had to think about what it actually meant. >_< "post post scriptum" makes more sense than "post scriptum scriptum"

Top Bottom