• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
you know, this hurts my feelings hearing all this talk about pokemon now
after i screwed myself out of my ds, now i cant wifi with anyone......
so ill just get on shoddy more often now (name= needmoararticuno.....currently experimenting with teams though)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i played with psychic and colorless onry

dunno why, i loved them psychics in that game.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I've got a pretty **** good team. Ok, that's a lie. I've got a decent team, and good pokemindgames.

And if I fight children I bust out my Deoxys and Darkrai.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont know **** about pokemon

although I did LOL @ the pic on the front page

smash is the only nerdy subculture i'm apart of, I guess.
I played magic the gathering in high school but it became too expensive of a hobby.

wario is pretty fun he's just hard to win with. he's sort of the definition of a balanced character. except wario waft...but that gives him something to use against the characters that are too good

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
although I did LOL @ the pic on the front page
I feel bad when I laugh at jokes like that... But I'm not gonna RAICHU a love song? That's pure genious. This one now? Eh... I facepalm'd more than anything.

Also, I'M BACK IN BHAM!! For the next 3 months, I'm residing in glorious my-parent's-attic. So it's prime smashing season. Go ahead and put me down for Last Smash 3, Nu. I GUESS I'll come, but we better not have any car troubles again...

(also, I owe you 10 bucks, Moogle, and George, you 18, right?)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Now that I have a strategical sense of card battling, I don't think I'd mind getting back into the Pokémon TCG. Either the GBC game or through the first Fossil set, whichever is most convenient.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think we should go up to gym leaders if we do card cards, imo. most of the gen-1 stuff turned out to be fairly balanced.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Respond to this post if you are going to LS..i need to know if we need a 3rd car...ready go!
I have yet to convince my parents...but I will keep trying.

Also, I have way too many pokemon cards...I should play that game, or at least sell my cards.

Also2, anyone know of any open jobs at bookstores or video/game stores?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Respond to this post if you are going to LS..i need to know if we need a 3rd car...ready go!
i'm going to beast in Louisiana

I have yet to convince my parents...but I will keep trying.

Also, I have way too many pokemon cards...I should play that game, or at least sell my cards.

Also2, anyone know of any open jobs at bookstores or video/game stores?
the library is hiring I think. its kind of like a bookstore except free

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I suck at pokemon but I play it for fun.... It keeps me young. Other than that Smash is the only real nerd thing im actually into.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so olimar is the gayest thing ever.
regardless of skill level ALL olimar mains enjoy at least a reasonable amount of succes simply due to the fact that NO ONE can learn how to fight against that dumb character.
i am convinced it is an impossibility. cuz he is just that stupid.

he needs to be a stupid top tier...
im so sick of him...

i hate marths and olimars. marths just because of the matchup. so its not a really justifiable hatred. but olimar... is just too dumb. and it pains me to see so many people maining him. its too ****ing easy to win.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
so olimar is the gayest thing ever.
regardless of skill level ALL olimar mains enjoy at least a reasonable amount of succes simply due to the fact that NO ONE can learn how to fight against that dumb character.
i am convinced it is an impossibility. cuz he is just that stupid.

he needs to be a stupid top tier...
im so sick of him...

i hate marths and olimars. marths just because of the matchup. so its not a really justifiable hatred. but olimar... is just too dumb. and it pains me to see so many people maining him. its too ****ing easy to win.
And people wonder why a lot of players turn to Metaknight. This is more convincing than Anakin's turn to the dark side.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
And people wonder why a lot of players turn to Metaknight. This is more convincing than Anakin's turn to the dark side.
which, by the by, wasn't convincing at ALL.

"You should join the dark side."

"K."

my problem with olimar is I can't really see what he's doing. because the pikmin are such small little **** (who's hitboxes are twice the visual size of the things) I don't know that he's grabbing until after I've already been grabbed...i dont know that he's throwing a smash until i'm already hit by it.

really the problem is that no one plays olimar and he's a weird character and no one gets any olimar experience so no one knows how to fight him.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol

"kthxbye"

anikin was a dip****

wtf is a deathstar anyways... what was the purpose of that? he couldve just lived in a normal house. all he did was walk around the death star and talk to his clones and choke people...
what a tool.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and i dont think mk is THAT broken. he is at least a learnable matchup.
at least you can tell wtf he is doing half the time.
ive said it before.

olimar throws pikmin, forces an approach, a big ****ing rainbow goes across the screen, next gyou know, you are paralyzed or... something... and you die.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
That GameStop tournament was so hilarious:laugh:
I think one kid took down one of my pokes.

My favorite battles were when I said "I'm just gonna abuse the doubles system and make Jim unstoppable."

Jim is more insane than usual when he has rain dance and surf healing him, especially since surf breaks down the other two pokes.

It was a pretty basic strat. Immobilize poke 1 for one turn, destroy poke 2. Break poke 1 before he has a chance to counter, break poke 3 as much as I can. Destroy poke 3 before they can attack, and then whatever poke 4 can do is not important.

Power form of deoxys with a focus sash on. To their credit, the kids recognized that holy **** this is a super legendary gotta take him down. Too bad my glass cannon took two shots to kill, could one shot any of their pokes, and was faster than anything they could dish out.

Top Bottom