• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
wtf Auburn people

I get to play people locally now??

I WAS THINKING ABOUT QUITTING BRAWL YOU *******S!!!

Aha! I didn't know there were others who played brawl in Auburn, who go to tournys and whatnot. The only practice I get is against my room mates.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Just got through hanging out with M3T, GGs.

Crimson if you've got any messenger let me know and we can organize hanging out.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
B'ham, I am def up for any smash this weekend. Melee, brawl, or 64.

Also, its nice to see some more smashers joining the AL scene.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me wrong, I'm still focusing on Melee. But.... I'll play Brawl like 5% of the time. If Melee and Brawl are in front of me at the same time, Melee will win every time. I'll play Brawl when it's the only thing available. :p
Translates to: I'm going to play brawl at home online all the time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
george are you going to do a PR list?
just wondering because i've received more than enough lists to update it, but I'd like to have your input...but if you don't feel like it I can go ahead and update the list

also reflex are you going to do one?

also, huntsville if you're going to game galaxy...can you save me a seat in your car...i may drive up there that morning...or the previous night whatever works.

also, anyone in huntsville that's going want to team up

also, since reflex and kismet aren't going, i expect someone in our car to win this tournament kk?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Also about the PR list...i believe the best way to do it, is to assign point values based on the placing that they got, like ten points for first, nine points for second and so on...and basically who ever ends up with the highest number of points (Reflex) will be number one on the final list.

what this also means is that your AVERAGE placing is not taken into account

for example, if 3 people all put coach at number 1, but those are the only people who's lists he appears on but 8 people put thief at number 5...thief would be ranked higher because he has more points

thats the way I planned to do it, but if anyone knows a better way please let me know.

and I'm thinking of fancying up the PR thread...like adding photos and bios and **** :-P
make a lil more prestigious

Winnar

Smash Lord
GUYS I JUST REALIZED THE MOST AMAZING THING

IN. THE. WORLD.

B-sticking Falcon punch.

This is the best day of my entire life.

Edit - :( It doesn't work, you can't b-stick falcon punch.

My life...is over... ;-;

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
okay, i know this is really annoying but i think my tournament is gonna have to be on may 30

which is the same date at LAST smash

are yall cool with that

Winnar

Smash Lord
okay, i know this is really annoying but i think my tournament is gonna have to be on may 30

which is the same date at LAST smash

are yall cool with that
Only if you're cool with me going to LAST smash instead of TCS5 :( Me and 3 or 4 other people

AKA I'd prefer if it were on another date so I could see all of you again soon'ish but...I guess it just might not happen.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sorry, my work schedule as well as people happening to have the venue reserved screwed up my plans.

im thinking of having a tourney in june though. maybe a melee tournament.

j00t want to team at game galaxy :-D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i also sometimes play him against olimars (except danGRs, who i think i'm just going to have to try MK against from now on :-()
yes... MK...

It's slowly happening to Alabama...

Btw, I don't think I can make an accurate PR list. I don't really know how good everyone is compared to one another, and anyone can make an exact list by using past results.

j00t

Smash Champion
sorry, my work schedule as well as people happening to have the venue reserved screwed up my plans.

im thinking of having a tourney in june though. maybe a melee tournament.

j00t want to team at game galaxy :-D
I don't think I am worthy of being on your team :(

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I have to disagree DanGR; there's more things to take into account than just what place they got at a tournament. You also have to think about how many players were there, who were the best players at these tournaments, and consistency. I don't think it's an exact science.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Btw, I don't think I can make an accurate PR list. I don't really know how good everyone is compared to one another.
yeah, we need more set-ups and more regularly scheduled tournaments.
Also, I wouldn't mind someone holding bi/tri weeklies. :chuckle:

I can personally hold like 16 people in my basement, provided there are enough set-ups brought. :bee:

Bah, Grandparents house Saturday.
Boooooo
Friday OK?

Winnar

Smash Lord
yes... MK...

It's slowly happening to Alabama...
I don't know about that <___________<

I think it's actually happening in reverse. Reflex went PT, I went Falcon, T1J is looking into some other characters...

...oh wait I'm not AL whoops.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
yeah, we need more set-ups and more regularly scheduled tournaments.
Also, I wouldn't mind someone holding bi/tri weeklies. :chuckle:

I can personally hold like 16 people in my basement, provided there are enough set-ups brought. :bee:

Friday OK?

I see the Jesus light shining on Alabama

And I think I will restrict myself to local (Alabama) wifi and offline Brawl only
*i swear if i skull bash instead of SHThunder one more time, im going to break something*

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
CrimsonSun I swear to God you better not post one time and go "I smash in Auburn" then vanish. Get on AIM and post some crap so I can find you and fill my smashless void.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
happy late birthday George.

new Danger EP out today; check the iTunes store if you believe in paying for music. or not.

Andy, change my Barwly folk to C Falcon/Ness. Change my Melee guys to Mario/DK/Ganondorf. That's right.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ danGR well i already play snake...I really doubt i'd pick up metaknight though, but I said that about fox in melee and he's my main now lul

ultimately everyone is going to figure out how to beat metaknight and it won't be as useful to use him as a crutch anymore, or at least that's my prediction.

but until then, might as well milk him for what he's worth.

@ joot, well Im sure moogle and will are teaming and I'd like to team with an AL person, and all the decent people in TN have partners...and they aren't really that much better than you anyway. just play wario please and we could probably get top 3

@ george, yayuzz

looks like reflex is doing a list, soon as I get his i'll update the thread

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
once me nu and george get our apt maybe we could have some triweeklies or something

esp. if we get that big ***** apt we looked at

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Oh, yeah, Kevin. Adam and I are going to talk to the woman tomorrow to see about applying.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Does anyone have a random replay on their Wii of a green Diddy or Wolf from Gamebox? I remember recording one thinking I was on DanGR's Wii, but he doesn't have it (and I'm also not talking about Xeedoc; I know I saved some on someone else's as well). It might have been a doubles match, I'm not sure (Wolf + MK). If so, I'd be nice if I could get it sent to me please x|

Give me your not-sleeping powaz :urg:

10nacroleptics

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm gonna decree no Thursday smash tonight... coach, palmer, and I all have exams tomorrow.

But I guess I'm going to Game Galaxy this Saturday.

Top Bottom