• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

G

Gee

Well I learned I really need to work on Fox. Did a lot of stupid things I shouldn't have. Over all though it was quite fun to play so many different people.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well, the panel as of last time is me, george, moogle, and munkus
and we each make our list and the lists are averaged together.

But I like the idea of the community chipping in

so I'll accept lists from anyone, but the rule is you have to be someone that regularly attends AL tournaments and someone who is halfway decent at this game or at least knowledgable about how its supposed to be played.

So anyone who feels like they should have a voice in this, make a list of your top ten most skilled AL players and PM it to me. (to prevent influencing other peoples list) the list must have ten people on it, not five, not eight, but ten. you're allowed to list yourself, but don't get carried away

and try to give it some thought
last time we all kind of threw lists together, which were fairly accurate but still i'd like to see some thought put into it this time.
i HAVE A LIST JANITOR!

1. slam
2. SLAM
3. SLAM
4. SLAM
5. SLAM
6. SLAM
7. KALM
8. SLAM
9. SLAM
10 JNTR!!!!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wheres the shoutout thread?
i neez to make shoutouts!

best part of tourney lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone let elev8 know he gave me a fake 10. Some girl at church showed me how to check and see if it was real.

Also, we all need to share our platinum FCs
I just told my brother.

elev8 said:
"That $10 was change from when Vulcan broke my $50 for change, and one of Calvin's $20 bills looked pretty fake, so I'm pretty sure someone did it to them. I'll pay you a legit one when I next see you, though."

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Cheap, gimme some Peach skills pl0x.
You have plenty of them.
I'm only good cause I enjoy it so much. =D
Btw, I never did play you did I? :urg:
I only got to watch you once in the 2 ness vs 2 lucas match with moogle, nu, and some other guy. Maybe we can play some at the next tusca tourny. :)

Edit: actually you live in B'ham dont you? maybe us b'hamians could all get together for brawl sometime.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Elev8 doesn't come across as the type of person that would intentionally give anyone fake money.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Elev8 doesn't come across as the type of person that would intentionally give anyone fake money.
Quoted for truth. Elev8 is an honest and upstanding person even though he plays yoshi.

EDIT: holy crap, happy b-day George.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
I'm only good cause I enjoy it so much. =D
Btw, I never did play you did I? :urg:
I only got to watch you once in the 2 ness vs 2 lucas match with moogle, nu, and some other guy. Maybe we can play some at the next tusca tourny. :)

Edit: actually you live in B'ham dont you? maybe us b'hamians could all get together for brawl sometime.
The other Ness was Duchock.
Were you on a team with popsofctown? If so me and elev8 played you in doubles and you guys beat us due to one frame between shuttle loop and a 9 hammer.
We do need to brawl/melee more, I play a tiny bit of melee at a friends house, even though I main thunderstorm featuring Ganon. (without L-Cancelling) :ohwell:

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Those $20 and $10 bills are technically supposed to be out of circulation. The reason they changed the bills in the late 90s was to combat how easily the bills could be counterfeited. If they really were counterfeits, then I suppose it's my fault for accepting them as payment for the tournament, but who's to say whoever paid with the bills weren't duped as well? Most bills will be replaced after one to two years of being in circulation. A $20 bill from 1993 that someone just happened to have? It might be possible, but it's unlikely.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
The other Ness was Duchock.
Were you on a team with popsofctown? If so me and elev8 played you in doubles and you guys beat us due to one frame between shuttle loop and a 9 hammer.
We do need to brawl/melee more, I play a tiny bit of melee at a friends house, even though I main thunderstorm featuring Ganon. (without L-Cancelling) :ohwell:
oh, yeah. I was with pops. That was the craziest thing I've ever seen in brawl....
I definitely don't mind playing melee too. :p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys, guys, guysssss

I have news :O

I think...I'm going to main...

Captain Falcon! :O!!

For realz. I really like Falcon, but I play Snake because he's a lot better and he's the best high tier that I can play well. I wanted to go Falcon a lot of times at Gamebox, but I thought that would be a really really terrible idea.

Well guess what, I'M DOING IT ANYWAY YEAHZZZ

Plus I get really excited and have a lot of fun playing Falcon. Snake is hard to get excited about...you just kind of do things...and people die... :( Yeah, Falcon's the man

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Snake is a really boring character, I feel.

Falcon's actually pretty viable against taller characters, 'cause he can actually hit them. Think about getting another character to compliment that, Winnar.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Snake is a really boring character, I feel.

Falcon's actually pretty viable against taller characters, 'cause he can actually hit them. Think about getting another character to compliment that, Winnar.
Yeah, that is Falcon's biggest problem. I can do alright against Kirby, since Kirby's mainly an air character, but squirtle...

Squirtle might be one of Falcon's worst matchups tbh. If you duck then almost nothing hits him XD Plus Squirtle can u-air combo the crap out of him...I dunno.

Actually of the small characters Squirtle is the only one I can think of that I really have trouble with. Maybe IC's? Diddy too I'd imagine. Olimar...

Oh well, Falcon's cool I'll figure something out :o

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think snake is very fun.
but i'm starting to think he's isn't actually the 2nd best character in the game, not that that matters.

but I think playing snake has hindered my progress as a player because my strategy with snake has been "come up with go-to manuevers that my opponents can't counter"...the problem with that is once your opponents learn to counter them they aren't exactly "go-to" anymore.

I might pick up a not-great character simply to teach myself how to better outwit my opponent with my brain and not my character. maybe peach or sheik
cheap we should do peach dittos. they're more fun in brawl than in melee :-D

then I'll pick snake back up and pwn.

on a ledge, I believe you can shield-drop through platforms like you could in the first two games...but you can also cancel the drop with basically any move...and since you can shield from a dash, you can dash, platform drop cancel to whatever move....
but this does mean that it can only be done on platforms that you can drop through..which really limits it's usefulness, but on some stages with prominent platforms, like yoshi's, or luigi's it could be beastly

and with snake it allows him to do a lagless shielddrop grenade, which is amazing.

and with any character who can cancel a move with shield (DK giant punch, samus charge shot, diddy peanut)...it leads to all kinds of mindgames

canceling charged smashes could be really useful

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well, I do find Snake to be fun and at times challenging (because I'm able to last longer in competition and get to people who are genuinely much better than me), but very very rarely am I excited to play Snake. You know?

With Falcon it's like...I have to play really smart, which is exciting.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Don't worry about paying me back. i spent the money anyways.

I just hate that I was that bored at the tourney. Next time for sure I'm bringing my wii and playing other games in between matches so i don't want to shoot myself

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if I lose my excitement for snake I just watch an Ally or Ultimate Razer video

now, off to practice Brawl techs :-P takes me back to melee days

who all is going to game galaxy??? anyone from bham area?

j00t

Smash Champion
Guys, guys, guysssss

I have news :O

I think...I'm going to main...

Captain Falcon! :O!!

For realz. I really like Falcon, but I play Snake because he's a lot better and he's the best high tier that I can play well. I wanted to go Falcon a lot of times at Gamebox, but I thought that would be a really really terrible idea.

Well guess what, I'M DOING IT ANYWAY YEAHZZZ

Plus I get really excited and have a lot of fun playing Falcon. Snake is hard to get excited about...you just kind of do things...and people die... :( Yeah, Falcon's the man
Falcon doesn't exist in Brawl.

Winnar

Smash Lord
i wanna pick up samus...

and luigi.
Samus is pretty trash, Luigi is pretty underrated. His lack of range is workable if you have any mindgames at all.

Also Falcon does exist and I'll prove it D:

And Link is workable. If you play him a lot.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice

i put one of the video descriotions in a free translator and this is what it came out as

Input is made with under→RorL. 《主語なし》It develops from there. 《主語なし》It is made with under→R orL→A if it is under A. 《主語なし》Incidentally it is possibility only in the top and possibility condition of the unit where it guards. Guard cancellation unit rain be possibility with RorL→under (1/3).

i wonder does he mean down when he says under?

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm gonna double post so my interview appears on the top of the next page (assuming 15 posts per page!)

p.s. "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 25 seconds."

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Samus is pretty trash, Luigi is pretty underrated. His lack of range is workable if you have any mindgames at all.
Samus is workable against certain people. Plus she's just so fun to use. I'm thinking about reinstating my use of her just because she's so fun. I think I have the same type of fun playing her as Winnar does playing Captain Falcon. lol

Winnar

Smash Lord
i put one of the video descriotions in a free translator and this is what it came out as

Input is made with under→RorL. 《主語なし》It develops from there. 《主語なし》It is made with under→R orL→A if it is under A. 《主語なし》Incidentally it is possibility only in the top and possibility condition of the unit where it guards. Guard cancellation unit rain be possibility with RorL→under (1/3).

i wonder does he mean down when he says under?
Replacing under with down and guard with shield...

Input is made with down→RorL. 《主語なし》It develops from there. 《主語なし》It is made with down→R orL→A if it is down A. 《主語なし》Incidentally it is possibility only in the top and possibility condition of the unit where it shields. Shield cancellation unit rain be possibility with RorL→down (1/3).
Maybe?

Also NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ToKneeOrNotToKnee was unbanned ughhhhhhhhhhh

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so were you guys gonna update the PR's?

i mean, im just curious.

i am actually completely satisfied with using wario forever. he just fits me perfectly. im actually in a really good position that ive never been in before. ive found a character that could not be anymore perfect for me. ive been maining him forever.. but im just saying guys... not alot of people find that one special character. and even if they main someone forever they still have dislikes about him. i hvae nothing that i honestly dislike about wario. even if the grab releases and Cg's tear him apart. thats just part of playing him.

of course i need a secondary though lol.
i guess GW is taking care of that. i am really not all that fond of him though.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
so were you guys gonna update the PR's?

i mean, im just curious.

i am actually completely satisfied with using wario forever. he just fits me perfectly. im actually in a really good position that ive never been in before. ive found a character that could not be anymore perfect for me. ive been maining him forever.. but im just saying guys... not alot of people find that one special character. and even if they main someone forever they still have dislikes about him. i hvae nothing that i honestly dislike about wario. even if the grab releases and Cg's tear him apart. thats just part of playing him.
That is exactly how I feel about Lucas, I will get s**t about him being a wuss in mother 3, I will get crap about CG's and grab release, and get crap about Ness being "better," but I have come to realize, I don't care.
Lucas is (for me) the most fun/funnest character I have played, I will continue to main him regardless of crappy matchups and the crap from tier list whores.
I couldnt agree with you more SLAM.

Also, xtranormal.com is a great place to bash people with Microsoft Sam, and others.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I've already recieved six PR lists
so I might be able to update them pretty soon.

actually guys I think i'm going to pick sheik back up. i forgot how fun she was. plus I learned how to kill without switching to zelda (although I'm pretty sure that'll still be my main way of taking stocks)

also, according to Samurai Panda, the description is vague, even in japanese

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol, I'm sorta like Slam and Xee in that my char fits me perfectly, but luckily I don't have to worry about CGs. Also, I am working on not having to have any secondaries.

Nice interview Moogs, I will use it to my advantage =p

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

of course i need a secondary though lol.
i guess GW is taking care of that. i am really not all that fond of him though.
I 100% agree when it comes to me and Diddy. I said I'd main him before Brawl came out, and though I went on a Wolf spree the first couple of months, once I got back to Diddy I never looked back. His metagame is constantly changing, and there are always ways to improve; playing him is non-stop fun, both in the matches and in maining him in general. And, luckily for me, he's higher-tier, meaning he's rather tournament-viable :3

And, like you said, everyone needs a secondary, and after picking up Wolf again for the first time in months and nailing techs I could never do before, I think I found the pair that overall works best for me. The only problem with this duo, as George so kindly reminded me, is Kirby... :\ I'll just have to work around that, or something. Otherwise, the two handle quite nicely imo :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
[Diddy's] metagame is constantly changing--
It is?

Every Diddy Kong player I've ever played against did the exact same thing, but with varying degrees of skill.

That's saying something, as I've played against NinjaLink offline.

Maybe I should look into it. I was under the impression that the Diddy metagame was getting stale, and that his high-tier culture shock would slowly wane as people learned how to deal with bananas.

Top Bottom