• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
Congratulations to Solitaire for post #1000 in this thread, and to coach for reply #1000.

You each win one Yoshi ditto with me.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
It can surely be done, (because i've done it :p), but the question should be "Can it be done consistently?". Which is very hard to do IMO.
I use Y and I can do it consistently. I can also do multishines upwards of 10 times.

I pretty much just run around shooting double lasers and drillshining people, then when I get enough damage I just dash dance into jump cancelled upsmashes.

Sensai

Smash Master
Moogle, when you wanna go? I have absolutely nothing to do today, so Smashing for a long time would be great. I'll drop you a text message concerning it now.

And that article is interesting. Good read.

j00t

Smash Champion
I use Y and I can do it consistently. I can also do multishines upwards of 10 times.

I pretty much just run around shooting double lasers and drillshining people, then when I get enough damage I just dash dance into jump cancelled upsmashes.
*bows down in reverence* Wish I could do that.

And I'm not sure if i'm even coming tonight. I've been up for 28 hours now, and i'm about to take a nap. If I wake up at 7, hurrah for you. If I don't, woop-de-freaking-doo-i-don't-care.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like your I dont want to play smash anymore phase is coming on congratulations we've all done it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Haha. He'll be back. :-D

We should get some team matches recorded, just for the hell of it.

Soli, you coming tonight?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@theONEjanitor: I saw you posted in the online SSB64 players thread. :p Maybe we could play sometime... my AIM is moogle561.

@Huntsville: Nite is my pro. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102681
cool.. my aim is theonejanitor

i'm really no good at ssb, i cant find a character that suits my playing style (mainly because I played melee before 64), falcon is about the closest I can get...plus my connection sucks, plus i'm using a gay cheap controller...plus I've seen your ssb vids lol

we'll play though...
do they ever have online tournaments? that'd be interesting.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
cool.. my aim is theonejanitor

i'm really no good at ssb, i cant find a character that suits my playing style (mainly because I played melee before 64), falcon is about the closest I can get...plus my connection sucks, plus i'm using a gay cheap controller...plus I've seen your ssb vids lol

we'll play though...
do they ever have online tournaments? that'd be interesting.

i'd much rather play melee tho...so if any of you guys happen to be in town, visiting a friend or anything let me know heh

S

Supa Talix

I'm Supa Talix, currently in Tuscaloosa, AL for school, aim is ashalpry hit me up i use gannondorf

skip430

Smash Cadet
I'm Skip, I am at boarding school in AL (Indian Springs School) until the end of may when I go back to my home in Griffin, GA. I play as Marth and my friends and I at school play almost every day for like 1-2 hours. I am now almost the top player at school b/c I am finally getting the hang of SHFFLing, wave-dashing (although not enough to use in an actual match), and other advanced techniques. However, I recognize we all probably are not as good as you people who can do the crazy stuff that is shown on the smash youtube videos. However, I think I'm decent, and I'd like to be added to the list.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I can't be there this Wednesday as I have work. But yeah, I wrote a new schedule so i'll get off Wednesday nights and Saturdays. All so you can stop frowning every Wednesday and Saturday night wishing I was there. xD

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Skip hope you enjoy the Alabama area.

@Wolf - Man where are you we havent heard from you in quite sometime we really need to smash whenever you get a chance to. Also if your unable to get a weekly thing going when you get your apartment then we might be able to do it at Scrappy's or somewhere else cause im ganna talk to him about it and see what might happen.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay so a friendly reminder that there's a Biweekly this weekend, and that Sensai needs to come so we can GANNON FIGHHT!

j00t

Smash Champion
Ok, so I will be able to make it this Wednesday.... it'll only be at around 10. :<

Sensai

Smash Master
Yang: Hear ya there. I'm actually considering coming, but I'm not too sure that I'm up for it...got finals the week afterwards (not too worried, honestly), but I've been to a tourney for the past 2 weekends. I may just be too **** tired.

And JWT: 10? There's only like an hour after that...

j00t

Smash Champion
Yang: Hear ya there. I'm actually considering coming, but I'm not too sure that I'm up for it...got finals the week afterwards (not too worried, honestly), but I've been to a tourney for the past 2 weekends. I may just be too **** tired.

And JWT: 10? There's only like an hour after that...
Well see, I have work on Wednesday and I get off at around 9:30. And since Party City is like 2 miles from where we meet, then it wouldn't hurt to just stop on by and play some smash, right? :3

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming Moogle is going to this weeks bi-weekly or something cause im pretty sure that Sensai wont drive and or cant drive ? If so then i can prob come and it wouldnt be out of the way this time.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh dude, that would be so cool Tarnish. I wanna play your GnW so maybe we'll finally get the chance (If moogs takes me, of course. :3)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well...... now im sure sure if im going cause this weekend is Mother's Day and im not sure what were ganna be doing. Its most likely i wont be able to come...... but if you guys feel like stopping by then be my guest cause me and Scrappy would be more then happy to play you guys.

j00t

Smash Champion
Dang, that's right, I completely forgot about teh day of mothers. Well Moogs, looks like you're on your own. :p

coach

Smash Apprentice
^^ lies. If you still want to go moogle and party it up on friday then we'll talk about it tomorrow night. If you don't want to go because of mother's day that's cool too.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
You know something i completely forgot that i was off saturday and sunday so i guess i can ride and do stuff if everyone is still planing ?

moogle

Smash Ace
It's time for me to be indecisive again.

Though I am leaning in the no direction sorta... cause of Mother's Day and cause of the fact that I've been to tournaments for the past 3 weekends.

Then again, I think new power rankings are coming out after this biweekly. I gotta step it up. 9th at FP, 9th at SoD4, 9th at G4S3... unacceptable!

Sensai

Smash Master
****. New power rankings? God dammit...I'm gonna be a 'potential' again....AGAIN.

I do great in pools (only games that Iori played seriously this past time, I almost beat him [at least, he was kinda serious...does he even play Falcon?]) and then lose it in the actual tourney.

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. I guess I'll talk to my mom if everyone's really intent on going. Meaning, Coach and Tarnish. And JWT.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

[Edit:]

Oh jeah. Are we Smashing tonight?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ Sensai, yea man im all for it... but how would we fit 5 people in one car unless someone sits in someone else's lap :chuckle: . Other then that yea man i havent got a chance to paly with you guys in quite some time ( since START ) and i havent played JWT yet.

P.S. - I'll be needing a partner for doubles, other then G&W i play Falcon and really anyone else you think a good team member would be except Fox and Falco.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Sorry none of us went tonight, my good friend is back in town and we were catching up with him. He wants you guys to train him at smash. Who's up for the job? He plays Marth or Sheik.

j00t

Smash Champion
Lol @ Sensai, yea man im all for it... but how would we fit 5 people in one car unless someone sits in someone else's lap :chuckle: . Other then that yea man i havent got a chance to paly with you guys in quite some time ( since START ) and i havent played JWT yet.

P.S. - I'll be needing a partner for doubles, other then G&W i play Falcon and really anyone else you think a good team member would be except Fox and Falco.
I would want to partner with you Tarn, a GnW team would be amazing. 9's for everyone! But unfortunately, I don't believe in 2v2 games, and i'm not good at them either. :p Seriously, i'm worse at doubles than I am at singles, so teaming with me is an automatic loss.

moogle

Smash Ace
Coach: Apparently JC and Scrib won't be at that party on Friday. Though there is a party in Starkville Tuesday night, which I think they'll both be at. I could take a day off of work and say I'm... helping my sister move out. >_<

Everyone: Seems like there's some interest for this biweekly! We could fit me, Coach, Sensai, JWT, and Tarnish in my car, and head over to Memphis Saturday night. Thief might be there too (I heard Iori wants to team with him). Oh yeah, if Sensai and Coach go, they're teaming together.

As for housing, I'll ask in the biweekly thread. Though (up to) 5 people is a lot for someone to house. We could just stay at the Holiday Inn near the tourney.

And Mother's Day... We'll try to get back at a reasonable time on Sunday. Maybe in time for dinner!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well that sounds peachy, also are you playing teams Moogle ? cause for once i would like to team with you if thats alright ( ive never got to play in a team with you b4 ). What time would we be leaving.... is it Friday or Saturday ?, and i know to bring a pillow and blanket and such im also ganna bring my either my Digital camera or my laptop plus capture card.

P.S. - If we get a room then i can bring my blow up mattress again for anyone who would rather not sleep on the floor ( cause i know how hard there floors are =P )

P.P.S. - I guess i will be bringing my laptop since im putting some emulators and such so we wont be that bored on the ride, and i have 2 controllers 1 PS2 controller and 1 PC controller.

Top Bottom