• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
Well that sounds peachy, also are you playing teams Moogle ? cause for once i would like to team with you if thats alright ( ive never got to play in a team with you b4 ).
Quite possibly. Though I was thinking of teaming with Chad or Nite if they don't have teammates. :o I'll decide at gametime.

What time would we be leaving.... is it Friday or Saturday ?
We'd probably leave Huntsville around 6-7pm Saturday night. An hour later or so we'll show up in Florence. I think I can still find your house. :p I'll call you when we leave Huntsville and/or get close to Florence.

Hey if I go to this biweekly can I stay with you guys?
I don't see why not. :p

We could just stay at the Holiday Inn near the tourney.
One thing I thought of with the Holiday Inn... I hope they let us sleep til maybe 2pm, without charging us for another night. Usually, checkout time is around 11am.

j00t

Smash Champion
It sounds like you've decided to go. I'm still not sure if i'm going or not, considering I have a 99% chance of having to work Sunday. I would of asked off for Sunday.... but w/e. :p

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, i'm not either. Wish I could, but I can't.

To anyone in the Huntsville area who isn't going: Do you still want to meet this weekend so we can get some practice in? I wanna work on my Fox and Falco some more. :3

coach

Smash Apprentice
JWT we'll probably play saturday afternoon before we leave. That is if it's cool with andy if not we can do it at my apartment maybe depending on where we want to leave from.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure I'm not going....

/sigh
I'm sorry to read that. :( But I fully understand, mangz! Happens to me all the time.

Just so you know, when you, KO, Iori, and I are in the same room... GANON DITTO 2v2s!!

moogle

Smash Ace
Despite what was previously said, it seems Huntsville won't be making it. :( It seemed like there were 5 of us wanting to go, but then it dwindled to 2. I was originally very iffy on going, cause of Mother's day. But, I wasn't about to hold back all of Huntsville. But now that our numbers have dwindled, I decided to call this one off.

Here's my sorry shoutouts:
Tarnish - Sorry. I'll let you know when we go to another Memphis biweekly.
Shai Hulud - Sorry. Hope you can find housing, if you attend.
Zane - Sorry. I've let down the best tournament host in the world.
Fizz - You're gonna be sorry for not showing up! ;)

p.s. vote me really low in the power rankings, so I can work hard and get better. I think they call it "the Reflex effect."
And there ya have it. We'll still be smashing at my house this afternoon, at 2pm.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Lol nice picture moogle, hey i was thinking how about for one the weeklys you guys do all of you could maybe come to Florence ?

We could do it at Scrappy's cause im sure he wouldnt mind, cause it seems like i wont get to come and play with you guys until another INN Bi-weekly.

Sensai

Smash Master
d00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o00oo00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0oo00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o00o0o0o00o0o0o00o0o0o00o0o00o00o0o0o00o0o00o0o0o0o0ooooo0o00o00o0o0o0o0o0od gannon!

[Edit:]

Wow, Opera just locked up on me, and is still going really slow. All those 0s and os throwing it off...

I'd be completely willing to do one of our weeklies over there. Especially since I'm

DONE WITH SCHOOL.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
If we did do one over here then all you guys would have to bring would be yourselves and your controllers cause all we would need would be 1 other TV and i have that covered so yea....

Also we have plenty of ways to record videos here so no need for recording equipment unless you just wanna bring some.

j00t

Smash Champion
If we did do one over here then all you guys would have to bring would be yourselves and your controllers cause all we would need would be 1 other TV and i have that covered so yea....

Also we have plenty of ways to record videos here so no need for recording equipment unless you just wanna bring some.
I bet we could even come over there tomorrow. Am i right, MOOOOOOGLE!? >.<

But anyways, if we do come, you'll have to get used to my threats of killing myself and/or me saying that I suck and/or coming up with Johns to cover for said suckiness.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Nah JWT no worries on the complaining me and Scrappy do it all the time to each other, and one other thing is we never use "No Johns" EVER!!!!. Its one of my horrible pet peaves for someone to use no johns while playing and you mess and your like wtf, its just so **** annoying and dumb in my opinion. I've almost punched someone in the face for saying that in one of my tourny matches way back b4 i was registered on here.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i talked to scrappy about you guys coming to Florence sometime and hes up for it, so its all up to everyone over there if you guys wanna come or not.

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump.

I believe we'll be Smashin' at Coach's tonight, so...jeah. Tarnish, we'll come down someday. Honestly.

Problem with tonight is that the Halo 3 beta thing came out, so there might be a rumble for the TV. Given that we are Smashers, we clearly have the right and over-bearing willpower, so the struggle should be relatively short and painless for us.

(We might need a set up or something.)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Oh i understand about the Halo 3 Beta, me and scrappy plan on playing it all night or atleast most of the night. They had better get the Crackdown problem fixed soon cause im getting frustrated. Man when i woke up this morning to find out that the beta wasnt downloadable it made me alittle angry but to find out that others "The rule of 3" or "Friends and Family" are already playing it with no trouble at all makes it so unfair.

Go to bungie.net and you'll see what im talking about.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Please bring set ups tonight in case halo's problems actually clear up. Also it might be pretty crowded all up in tonight.

moogle

Smash Ace
Maybe we could smash at my house? Halo players aren't allowed here, so we wouldn't have any problems. ;) And I'm one Smash disc short of having two full setups.

coach

Smash Apprentice
it's fine to still come here, they'll move to ben's if the beta isnt released which as it looks wont happen until later tonight.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll be bringing my DS tonight, if anyone cares. Maybe i'll have some high-level pokemans so we can battle or something while we wait for a smash match. And yes, i'll be bringing the t.v.

moogle

Smash Ace
This is unsolicited. It's mostly benign observation and advice pertaining to last night, though it's in a slightly more direct tone than I usually take.

JWT: Thanks for beating my Sheik with Fox. I remember now that Sheik has to tech chase the **** out of space animals to win. Side note, you're really predictable when you play. Don't rush in all the time. Try to bait my attacks. If you play a little more patiently, you can see that I leave myself open a lot. Side note 2, learn when to stay on the ledge and actually edge hog someone (like I pointed out when I was Peach.... also never let Sheik grab the ledge). Side note 3, yes, you do have better tech skill than all of us, or at least better consistency with tech skill.

Coach: Maybe you play Falcon to give me a false sense of security against you, then beat me down with Peach. Your Peach has gotten way better compared to the 4/11 videos and before. Was it the CC-everything advice from Nite? Against your Peach I've been having to change gears in the middle of a match. Your comments like "moogle should always win", while I don't necessarily agree with them, helped me think of what I was doing wrong. I started waiting for your downsmashes and started doing better. I learn more from losing than from winning. I like having people that can beat me.

Sensai: I didn't play you at all yesterday. No comments for you! [/soupnazi]

Solitaire: I didn't see you play anyone yesterday. :embarrass Maybe I showed up too late.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Coach: Maybe you play Falcon to give me a false sense of security against you, then beat me down with Peach. Your Peach has gotten way better compared to the 4/11 videos and before. Was it the CC-everything advice from Nite? Against your Peach I've been having to change gears in the middle of a match. Your comments like "moogle should always win", while I don't necessarily agree with them, helped me think of what I was doing wrong. I started waiting for your downsmashes and started doing better. I learn more from losing than from winning. I like having people that can beat me.
I just want you to be awesome andy. To do that you have to keep beating my face in and I guess vice versa <3. I just believe that you can outplay anyone based on whether you think about the entire game. You're smart and adaptive. Like the example you gave with my downsmashes, everyone's got a point where they're sloppy. I'll shut up if you want me to about everything not just smash, but you deserve to win.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Solitaire: I didn't see you play anyone yesterday. :embarrass Maybe I showed up too late.
I played a few rounds with JWT, and then Jeffrey got the controller and he's a controller hog like a mother.....something. That mixed with him breaking my Wii, I was having a bad night so I left early. Now I regret it, but at the time I was just stressed out and needed to go home. Next week I will stay and play with everyone. I really want to get better.

j00t

Smash Champion
So, did your Wii really break, Solitaire? If it did then that SUCKS BADLY. :(

Thanks for the advice moogs. I guess i'm just trying to be more aggressive so I can put more pressure on my opponents. I read in one of those guides that putting pressure on the opponent gives them less time to think and so-on and so-forth (As logic dictates.... >.<). And yeah, my edgeguarding needs work badly. Sensai still gets me with that continuous ledgehopping crap. :p

Oh, and when did I beat your Sheik? I don't remember beating ANYBODY last night, except maybe Sensai once when I was playing good and doing the flashy waveshines across the stage. :p

Top Bottom