• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Fuerte is pretty bad, but if you can pull off his infinite he's still really bad.
Yeah he seems like he's pretty bad but to be honest I really don't like any of the original characters fighting styles very much. His is about the only one that I like, plus he's really agile which I tend to prefer over everything else in fighting games. I mean the reason I chose Falco as a character in Melee and Brawl is only because he has the highest initial jump.

j00t

Smash Champion
Curse you Munkus, I've watched that "I'm on a Boat" video like over 9000 times.

Curse you.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Yeah he seems like he's pretty bad but to be honest I really don't like any of the original characters fighting styles very much. His is about the only one that I like, plus he's really agile which I tend to prefer over everything else in fighting games. I mean the reason I chose Falco as a character in Melee and Brawl is only because he has the highest initial jump.
i prefer fatasses in games.
wario in smash
blanka in street fighter
potempkin in GG
ive never been one for agility if you cant tell.
of course, im very bad with potempkin in gg because i havent played him in god knows how long.

although in MVC2 i do use ALOT of fast characters but, honestly, who isnt fast in that game?
way too spastic of a game imo. but thats why alot of people like it.

BLANKA BETTER KICK *** IN THIS GAME OR I'M KICKING THIS GAMES ***!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I've got a replay of winning a match with Ike, at the end I taunt right at the same time it goes GAME!

It sounds like Ike is saying "Go **** youreself".

No lie, in fact you all may get to see it soon, I got my computer back and there's a good chance I can start uploading vids again soon.

j00t

Smash Champion
i prefer fatasses in games.
wario in smash
blanka in street fighter
potempkin in GG
ive never been one for agility if you cant tell.
of course, im very bad with potempkin in gg because i havent played him in god knows how long.

although in MVC2 i do use ALOT of fast characters but, honestly, who isnt fast in that game?
way too spastic of a game imo. but thats why alot of people like it.

BLANKA BETTER KICK *** IN THIS GAME OR I'M KICKING THIS GAMES ***!
I think Blanka is low tier in SF4.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ugh, game galaxy was pretty terrible last time. It was very poorly run: extremely crowded, slow, and they didn't even finish because the mall forced them to close.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
KO said something about clearing up both sides of the arcade this time. If nothing else, I think it'll finish a lot sooner.

And Luis I thought you were going to Florida that day?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
KO said something about clearing up both sides of the arcade this time. If nothing else, I think it'll finish a lot sooner.

EDIT: I just checked; Game Galaxy is next weekend. Gigs is 3/28. Calvin and I wanted to go to the Game Galaxy tournament. Could we drive up to Birmingham and go with some of you guys?

And, awesome; it's an arcade? Time to bring some extra money~

Will_

Smash Journeyman
No, you're right. I thought Gigabits was 2/28, not 3/28, my bad.

EDIT: That means I can make Gigabits. :]

_Keno_

Smash Lord
You (anyone going to Game Galaxy) can probably stay at my place in B'ham next week, I'll check. I doubt I can go though...but Ill try.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
We're all meeting up in madison, right? The venue is about an hour and a half away from there.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace

Eh, Spade and I talked about going, but we decided against it. If it's good this time, then we may go to the next one.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah he's definitely not unplayable or anything.
He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't take so much damage and put out so little.
Even if he just didn't take damage like Gouki he'd be okay.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm going if and only if Reflex is going.

Poll: answer honestly- if you had to play casuals for 3 hours against a Meta Knight mainer or an Olimar mainer, which would you choose?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pops, give it a break. Olimar isn't fun to play against until you know the matchup and you use a good character. What's your point?

I'd rather fight MK for three hours because he's a considerably better character that's much more of a threat, and Olimar dittos are the worst.

The best first post: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222746

Will_

Smash Journeyman
fixed. i don't fool around with quality, baby. At the very least, i'd get Domino's deep dish. oh god, i'm hungry now.
Pizza Party, ladies. Ninja turtles would be proud.

Friday is going to rock.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ bham, whose driving to h-ville. i would but I dont trust my car right now
@ reflex, TURLES IN TIME
@ pops, olimar's probably not even that good once you figure out how to fight against him. half of being good at brawl is learning the game. since there are only like 3 decent olimar mains in the country, I haven't learnd him yet :-D
@ majist, pizza hut is where it's at
@ george, lets go to game galaxy and team up :-D
@ moogle, yo dawg i herd u like fox so i put laz0rz in yo car so you CAN BLOW UP MY ****ING GRENADES while you drive
@ every1, i want sf4

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
My car is officially out of commission. Reflex and Will_ may remember some issues with my brakes during our massive Philly roadtrip. Well, they're completely gone as of last night. No idea when it can be fixed. I thought it might have just been the brake pads, but it seems like it's far worse than that.

We should play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: My Toes.

I'm currently amassing a collection of NES and SNES stuff I should have gotten a long time ago. I finally got a multitap for NBA Jam, Bomberman, and Tiny Toons. And I finally got Secret of Mana, so it should be put to good use.

We need to find a 1 on 1 Government board.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Janitor, he's that good, once you learn how to fight him and all. I live behind daniel's house. I know more about Olimar than anyone should.

I wouldn't whine if i was alone. But i've heard people say "that's the least fun i've ever had playing brawl" after playing an olimar player.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
My car is officially out of commission. Reflex and Will_ may remember some issues with my brakes during our massive Philly roadtrip. Well, they're completely gone as of last night. No idea when it can be fixed. I thought it might have just been the brake pads, but it seems like it's far worse than that.

We should play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: My Toes.

I'm currently amassing a collection of NES and SNES stuff I should have gotten a long time ago. I finally got a multitap for NBA Jam, Bomberman, and Tiny Toons. And I finally got Secret of Mana, so it should be put to good use.

We need to find a 1 on 1 Government board.
ooooooh man, you're rotors are shot, aren't they? that's no fun. very costly to replace:(

Did you get Secret of Mana for the SNES? I am a proud owner of the real deal, too. I need to bust out my SNES again. I still haven't finished Breath of Fire 2

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Smash tournament... This weekend...

I've had a bad day, maybe I need to look forward to something. Maybe Game Galaxy should be it (and I guess I could volunteer myself to drive B-ham -> Huntsville, but I can only fit so many... legally).

Top Bottom