• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
my favorite thing to do is to go to a bar where there are 90 percent white people and hit up the jukebox and play some of the most hood rap music possible

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Lol you played a Wolf online using Ike.

Seriously though, every experience I've had fighting half intellegent Wolf's online results in a 2 stock, and even vice versa for when I use Wolf.
Wolf is way better online than many other character, in fact he could be the character who recieves the biggest bonus from online play. On top of that Wolf just naturally shut down Ike very hard, 2 stocks are almost inevitable.
Well knowing that Ike has a huge disadvantage against this character online makes me feel a little better. .-. 2 stocks still...ya know, hurt. Maybe I should start using a solid secondary online.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Hmm lol, so Will up for some Wi-Fi friendlies this weekend? Or do you think you'll be too ill to play?
Maybe sunday, this morning I almost passed out trying to walk downstairs. It's embarrassing to be this physically weak.

T1J said:
my favorite thing to do is to go to a bar where there are 90 percent white people and hit up the jukebox and play some of the most hood rap music possible
I felt better just picturing you doing this.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I like, red light parties and fed right bodies who like, bread like dolly and head right totties at night. Aribou Cay oulay. Terrible day you pay the liquor store teller with no hair or toupee touche

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Maybe sunday, this morning I almost passed out trying to walk downstairs. It's embarrassing to be this physically weak.

I felt better just picturing you doing this.
i bring a five or ten when I go to bars solely for that purpose.

its pretty interesting to hear kenny rogers and tom petty followed by a half hour of T.I., Lil Boosie and Three 6Mafia

munkus, what was that, that was tight lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
iused to think MK was hard to play as
i'm pretty bad with metaknight when I play him against good ppl. i get owned.
i think MK's ease of use is over rated unless your playing against people who don't know what they're doing (which, granted, is most people)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
i'm pretty bad with metaknight when I play him against good ppl. i get owned.
i think MK's ease of use is over rated unless your playing against people who don't know what they're doing (which, granted, is most people)
MK may be easy to use overall, but the thing is he's played way different than most other characters. He's not difficult to master once you put a little bit of time into him, but if you're used to the general spacing and camping tactics, you're likely going to look silly.
It's kind of hard to explain, I sucked with Snake for the longest time but eventually found a particular niche from watching and fighting other Snakes, and now I can use him pretty competitively. All the top characters seem to feel like this, and some you even have to narrow your playstyle and even "stop trying as hard" it feels like. I think the thing that really changed me over from sucking to not sucking with Snake was to stop trying to hit my opponent, and just let them get hit by me.
Top tier is weird...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
MK may be easy to use overall, but the thing is he's played way different than most other characters. He's not difficult to master once you put a little bit of time into him, but if you're used to the general spacing and camping tactics, you're likely going to look silly.
It's kind of hard to explain, I sucked with Snake for the longest time but eventually found a particular niche from watching and fighting other Snakes, and now I can use him pretty competitively. All the top characters seem to feel like this, and some you even have to narrow your playstyle and even "stop trying as hard" it feels like. I think the thing that really changed me over from sucking to not sucking with Snake was to stop trying to hit my opponent, and just let them get hit by me.
Top tier is weird...
The essence of brawl's top characters.
Brawl sux

play melee

etc.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The essence of brawl's top characters.
Brawl sux

play melee

etc.

I had poop loads of fun playing Melee teams for the first time like ever with Reflex's group. I want moar.

Melee singles sex

play doubles

etc.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Im using Game and Watch, Wario, and Ness now.
not so much ness other than in low tier tourneys.

so you can change mine if you want.

lol i was a jiggs main for a week or so.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Why are you using GW he's an awful character and you would probably be terrible with him. Whoever suggested that to you should be slapped and given money.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
lol All this randomness while I'm away. I entered the SF4 gamestop tourney and lost in the first round. I was just going to watch but a lot of people didn't show up so they just started randomly registering people. My friend that I went with got to the second round at least. I could have gotten there if I used a familiar character but I wanted to try Fuerte and what little time I spent with him was fun. I think if I ever get the game I shall main him. Any who I know have my original Melee team partner back for some Brawl doubles. So prepare to see a brand new team Alabama!

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
My avatar is now Robot Ninja Haggleman. I think he looks a bit like Geno would if he was a robot ninja instead of a puppet. I would main him in Smash Bros.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Fuerte is pretty bad, but if you can pull off his infinite he's still really bad.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
people think you can just swing your sword a lot with metaknight and win, but that really doesn't work.

snake is just a completely unorthodox character, its not really that he's high tier its just that all his moves break the typical smash rules

his tilts are his kill moves, his downsmash is atypical, his fsmash is nearly useless, his up b doesn't sweet spot, his bair is a sex kick, etc. not to mention he's a ground based character which is virtually un heard of in brawl.

i think metaknights takes a lot of skill to be played at a high level, because metaknight's gameplay is really shallow. its like fair, d-smash, up-b. and optional bmoves, dairs and uairs. like that's his whole game. against good people metaknight its super easy to predict, because most MK players respond to the same situations the same ways all the time.

Top Bottom