• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
brawl sucks, play melee, etc.
It wasn't the funny the first time!

You come off as quite the whiny bìtch. Honestly, you're like a twelve year-old yelling DOES NOT while adults are trying to have a conversation.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Anybody going to their local Gamestop Street Fighter 4 tourney? It's just like the Brawl Gamestop tourney except that it's actually going to be fair and good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Anybody going to their local Gamestop Street Fighter 4 tourney? It's just like the Brawl Gamestop tourney except that it's actually going to be fair and good.
I am. I'm quite the fan of the SFII games, and I want to see how much they ruined Vega in this game. :(

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh cool i wanna go to a SF tournament. although if its on the 360 i will fail at the controls.

and sleepy doesnt even live in alabama... go complain to georgia man...
don't get me wrong, i was all for melee when brawl first came out... but it get old and its a stupid argument and if you actually learn how to play it, brawl is a good game.
stop *****ing and feeling superior twords people who play brawl... cuz youre not.

nice1

Smash Lord
MONEY BACK, MONEY BACK, MONEY BACK, MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was too funny on ustream

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
From the sound of it, the host was real special ed on the first day.

Then again, I could barely read the results thread without wanting to chock a bìtch from all the melee trolls crawlin out from under their thread bridges.

We missed you, Reflex. Except for Moogle's Wallet. He was glad you was gone.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i might come to a smashfest in bham area this weekend if you have one.
i want to play some melee. i think i'll put off training for FR for a few weeks.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I was the Diddy player at this past tournament whose controller broke in the first few rounds. I'm really looking forward to the next tournament (whenever it is), because I swear my gameplay improved at least 10x as much as it ever had in those few pool matches I was in! I live in Huntsville as well; Cam_Pika, Spade, DanGR, POPS, and a whole lot more of us all hang out and play Brawl, but really only those four (out of us nine-ish) are any good tournament-wise. I'd love to practice my Diddy some more in a tournament environment, but I can't ever find time to play with anyone who is any good T_T Hopefully I'll get out of the pools in the next tournament, now that I have a controller that works xD

Mahgnittoc, POPS was telling me you're a really good Diddy player; do you have any videos up of some of your matches? I'm trying to get better, but this past tournament was just my first taste of tournament play and I want to see how a tournament Diddy performs.

To be added to the list:
Tag: ING:D
Brawl Friend Code: 2449-4301-8947
Main: Diddy

Sensai

Smash Master
It wasn't the funny the first time!

You come off as quite the whiny bìtch. Honestly, you're like a twelve year-old yelling DOES NOT while adults are trying to have a conversation.
It took me the second time, read aloud, to get your second sentence. I'm glad I got there. I think I was distracted, somewhere deep in the back of my mind, by the additional article in the first sentence, so I was gearing myself up for a ****ty second sentence and it just took a while for it to click that it was grammatically sound.

And if this is the adult thread...dayamn.

(Also, and I may just be easily entertained...I thought/think that SleepyK's vigilance in delivering the truth is pretty funny.)

[Edit:]

College internet blows. Playing TF2 with a ping that's over 1000 is one of the lamest experiences I've ever had.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
oh cool i wanna go to a SF tournament. although if its on the 360 i will fail at the controls.

and sleepy doesnt even live in alabama... go complain to georgia man...
don't get me wrong, i was all for melee when brawl first came out... but it get old and its a stupid argument and if you actually learn how to play it, brawl is a good game.
stop *****ing and feeling superior twords people who play brawl... cuz youre not.
well, first off, brawl is a terrible competitive game no matter how you look at it.
I DID learn how to play it. It's still not fun (in my opinion) and not a good game.
I don't hate brawl at all, and i certainly am not an elitist.
I definitely don't feel superior to anybody who plays a different game than i chose to.
Apologies to people who like to make assumptions about people.

brawl sucks
play melee
etc.

t1j has the idea.

but who could take t1j seriously either

he thinks that roy has a better matchup against fox than marth in melee
lololoz

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
well, first off, brawl is a terrible competitive game no matter how you look at it.
I DID learn how to play it. It's still not fun (in my opinion) and not a good game.
I definitely don't feel superior to anybody who plays a different game than i chose to.

brawl sucks
play melee
etc.

t1j has the idea.

lololoz
1) Roy has fire
2) You can't say that you don't hate Brawl, then turn around and say it sucks. That's like saying "I don't hate Jewish people, but they horde all the money and are secretly controlling the world."
3) Abel is my faaaaavorite <3 ~swoon~

SleepyK

straw man, duchock.
A video game and a recurring joke have nothing to do with jewish people or my opinon on races.

btw may all races be condemned to hell except for the holy white man

besides, I may think my phone sucks but not hate it.
it's a bad phone, but that doesn't mean i hate it.

SleepyK

reflex we should burn ourselves on a pyre together so i could show you how hot my love for you is.
also to do a little ethnic cleansing.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

brawl sucks
play melee
etc.

t1j has the idea.

lololoz
i like it, moreso than melee. "brawl sucks" gets old and unoriginal. find another way to bash it, that would be cool.
melee doesnt suck but,
play brawl
etc.

edit: and why dont you hate jews?

DRK

Smash Rookie
*checks thread as well*

I want a new tourney soon so I can go... (I wanted to go to TCS IV but couldn't >.<)

We could almost use a thread for AL tourneys only. They're hard to find in the number of FL tourneys there are.

*backs away slowly*

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
*checks back*
I was afraid to use my DK against your Diddy without having any matchup experience against it, that's why I pulled out Luca and Kirby. If we had made it to match 3 though I was going to pull out DK for either Japes or Mansion. Fortunately I was right in "In order to beat Diddy, you have to try as hard as you can to destroy him with his own peels."
But seriously, I love fighting Diddy so much, offline at least.

I'm about to lose my computer, but if you play online I can add you for today or anytime really.

*paints thread a rainbowy color*
let the peace flow through us all...
*backs away slowly*

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It took me the second time, read aloud, to get your second sentence. I'm glad I got there. I think I was distracted, somewhere deep in the back of my mind, by the additional article in the first sentence, so I was gearing myself up for a ****ty second sentence and it just took a while for it to click that it was grammatically sound.

And if this is the adult thread...dayamn.

(Also, and I may just be easily entertained...I thought/think that SleepyK's vigilance in delivering the truth is pretty funny.)

[Edit:]

College internet blows. Playing TF2 with a ping that's over 1000 is one of the lamest experiences I've ever had.
This ain't an adult thread. This is about as adult as captain crunch. But K makes captain crunch look like Obama's stimulus plan.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I took two stocks off M2K in winner's bracket. Ally repeatedly apologized to me for tripping over my bag. I was then disqualified when the figured out I was from AL and not FL.

Scream at me.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
i dont get it.
Like nobody believed me when I told them I was from AL. One person asked me "are you THE Will_ from Florida"? And I told him yes, but I'm from AL. He had this dejected look on his face as if to say "****, that's not him."

And I was DQ'ed me because they suck massive ****. Their voice apparently didn't carry over to the other side of the room when the called me out (I was even commentating on the live stream) and it seems using the MICROPHONE AND SPEAKERS RIGHT NEXT TO THEM was a bad idea.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Like nobody believed me when I told them I was from AL. One person asked me "are you THE Will_ from Florida"? And I told him yes, but I'm from AL. He had this dejected look on his face as if to say "****, that's not him."

And I was DQ'ed me because they suck massive ****. Their voice apparently didn't carry over to the other side of the room when the called me out (I was even commentating on the live stream) and it seems using the MICROPHONE AND SPEAKERS RIGHT NEXT TO THEM was a bad idea.
You were actually DQ'd?

Wow.

Wow.

Worst tourney ever.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. And they waited 2 hours and 30 minutes for Ninjalink to report to his next set.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Yeah. And they waited 2 hours and 30 minutes for Ninjalink to report to his next set.

This is what you call playing Favorites
cause your not some big name EC brawl players they decided to Dairy Queen you.
If only you were Chu dat or Azen for example then you could of waited all day long to play your matches.

Top Bottom