• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
So, I tried playing Brawl here in the last two days. Managed some sad but still fun fights with Reflex online, and today got cocky and figured I could have fun online more than once per week.

One hour's worth of time spent in the waiting room, 10 minutes worth of about 4 team matches.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Brawl has the worst online features I've ever seen in any game in existence ever forever.
*waits for someone to link someone and prove him wrong as always*

Sensai

Smash Master
@ theONEjanitor: I think that it's one of those games that cannot be truly understood until you play it. It's frantic, nervous, cooperative play...and it's amazing.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Okay Bama, I'm in the market to buy a 360 in the near future. I know they recently dropped the price to $199, but i was wondering if there's a special package or really good deal I should know about. I don't want to buy a used 360 if i can help it, cuz I just plain don't trust people, especially with a crashing timebomb like a 360.

Rob, Sensai, anyone, do you have any suggestions?

I really want Rock Band:grin:

nice1

Smash Lord
LOL @ Montgomery being "the gump". I've never heard that.

I got L4D for 360. Note that in an appropriate fashion.

Enjoy: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBiEdcOMaQ
Either "the gump" or "monkey town"

so whats good about left 4 dead. looks like half life with zombies
it's too fun when you're playing on expert with friends. I was killing myself
laughin while we were getting killed by hundreds of zombies. You should give it a try if you can janitor.

oh awesome. i only have one other friend that is serious about it here.
just let me know when you are down here. pm or something i guess.
ive been to selma a few times. to play shows with my former band. downtown was sooo sketchy.
anyways, im down anytime.
kool i'll hit you with my contact info in a pm

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Majist, I'm in the same boat. I looked up some deals, but the 'free' games involved usually include Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Johns.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Okay Bama, I'm in the market to buy a 360 in the near future. I know they recently dropped the price to $199, but i was wondering if there's a special package or really good deal I should know about. I don't want to buy a used 360 if i can help it, cuz I just plain don't trust people, especially with a crashing timebomb like a 360.

Rob, Sensai, anyone, do you have any suggestions?

I really want Rock Band:grin:
Well the 199$ 360 doesnt come with a HDD, it only comes with a 512 memory card. You'd have to buy a HDD separate from the console. I'm not sure if a 512 memory card could hold a Rock Band save or a XBL account.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
i see what you did there

edit: somebody play me online now! i have naught to do
If you're still open we could play a few. I don't play my mains online, so expect some hurricane Ike and toon link.

4081-5255-7582

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Do any of you guys still play Melee? I'll be back for a few days next week and wouldn't mind playing some.

j00t

Smash Champion
Do any of you guys still play Melee? I'll be back for a few days next week and wouldn't mind playing some.
Yeah, all the cool kids (moogle, me, majist, saintrage, coach, AND SENSAI) still play it. I'd love to play you again. :p

There's probably other cool people outside of Huntsville that play it. But they aren't in Huntsville, so they aren't cool.

Sensai

Smash Master
Alright, Slim's coming back into town for MELEE. We gotta get something going and I'll try to be there as well.

@ Flamin Roy: It's 4 player co-op. The Versus mode is also really good, in which 4 people control the zombies too.

@ Majist: I got nothing for you, pal. Sorry. :-(

[Edit:]
Yeah, all the cool kids (moogle, me, majist, saintrage, coach) still play it. I'd love to play you again. :p

There's probably other cool people outside of Huntsville that play it. But they aren't in Huntsville, so they aren't cool.
HOW COULD YOU?!

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, all the cool kids (moogle, me, majist, saintrage, coach, AND SENSAI) still play it. I'd love to play you again. :p

Fixed. You came from Huntsville so you're still cool. :3

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i had a dream about mellee tonight. i was black and hustled and played mellee on the street. ****.
i am still half asleep. i was dash dancing like crazy, you couldnt even see my charecter.
my future apologies for when i wake up. if this post makes no sense and is irrelevant.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
F*ck YES!! mslano is returning! guys, when he gets here, let's lock him in moogle's closet so he can't leave again. he'll never expect it bwahahahahahahaaaaa

Sorry i missed you j00t. I'm throwing college johns and then girl johns, but her name's not John, don't worry. I MUST see your Ganondorf. I think Ike and Ganon teams could be the manliest team ever :3

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Woot, finally got my first taste of socially risky brawling. Went to the student center at the college here where they have a gaming room with Brawl set up. Too bad all the controllers were remotes and nunchuks.

So yeah, first few rounds were nice and embarassing, but man after about a half an hour some guy showed up with two wavebirds. I mugged him quickly and commenced in random Yoshi and Ganondorf beatdowns. Okay, now to go post this were someone will actually read it, hurray!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
does anyone want to take advantage of my already poor reflexes in some lag tastical online matches in about an hour from now which is 7 oclock, so around 8-8:30

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Woot, finally got my first taste of socially risky brawling. Went to the student center at the college here where they have a gaming room with Brawl set up. Too bad all the controllers were remotes and nunchuks.

So yeah, first few rounds were nice and embarassing, but man after about a half an hour some guy showed up with two wavebirds. I mugged him quickly and commenced in random Yoshi and Ganondorf beatdowns. Okay, now to go post this were someone will actually read it, hurray!
We do this almost every weekday at my college. It's pretty nice.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
We do this almost every weekday at my college. It's pretty nice.
Yeah I can see myself doing this much more often now that I've experienced it. Perhaps if I'm lucky I can actually make some friends in this strange new town. I'll be bringing my own wavebird next time though, that's for sure.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can see myself doing this much more often now that I've experienced it. Perhaps if I'm lucky I can actually make some friends in this strange new town. I'll be bringing my own wavebird next time though, that's for sure.
I don't know... people in real life? That's kinda scary. Are you sure you wouldn't rather get to know them over the Intertube forums? Social situations can be extremely harmful to the strong and weak alike.

...or maybe you should come to a tournament eventually!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
A tourny? Me?

LE GASP!!

Yeah, next time I head out and meet people for the second time I'll formally introduce and see if I can find some good gamers and the sort. Because I'm rare in that I have more experience with RL social than forumnet social experiences.

But yeah, I have yet to enter a tourny, ever. I beat the crap out of about 10 people there though so I have moderate hopes. I would love to enter a tourny, it just has to be within my reach, I'm a poor schmuck ya know.

Also I know like nothing about tourny rules and how they're set up and..... nothing. Like counterpicking how does that work?
*drool*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Also I know like nothing about tourny rules and how they're set up and..... nothing. Like counterpicking how does that work?
*drool*
matches played like this, in this order:

1. you sit down. (Reflex is exempt from this step)
2. you pick your characters
2a. if you're afraid your opponent's going to wait to see who you play and then counter pick you (which some people do, and is ten times more common in brawl tourneys than it was in the melee tourneys), you may call for a double blind pick. I personally don't give a ****, i only play two characters for the most part.
3. You may at this time, elect to ban a legal stage from the set that may not be played at any time during the current set. I almost always ban Lylat Cruise, because it s a piece of doodoo. but then you get people who like to counter pick Luigi's Mansion and other such nonsense so you have t oconsider that as well.
4. you play the round. all matches are best 2 of 3 (unlss it is winners finals or grand finals or losers finals [some tournaments exclude losers finals] in hich case 3 out of 5)
5. The loser of the match decides what stage to go next and tells his opponent.
6. The winner of that match, after having been told the next stage, may elect to change characters at this time.
7. After that, the loser may change his character his well.
8. Go back to step 4 and repeat until someone has won the entire set.

Most tournaments also have the rule that you are not allowed to select a stage that you have already won a round on.

Top Bottom